Jay

$500 Virtual Team Member tier disappointment

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

I feel like I've read that statement from Randy before including the next steps and all. I can't think of where but it seems awfully familiar for some reason. While it will probably be cool to be a community liaison and that's the least they can do, it's not what was promised. Monthly and bimonthly meetings during development is what that other email from Randy said. And since they did it with a youtuber it was more than possible. They should be made liaisons and still recieve a partial refund for the failed promise. 

Edit: also 20 community liaisons who didn't know that's what they would be doing is kind of a useless backer tier. How many still play? Do they want to even do that? Are they all on same system? They may not want to liaise since that wasn't the original deal. Seems like a cheap way to try and fix the problem, because there's a chance those 20 will never even want to do that and thereby making Gun free from any liabilities. I personally think it's kind of a cool idea but it's not what was pitched and therefore might not breasted or used by those backers. 

Yea, I'd likely stick to getting a refund myself. What Randy's pitched as the new version of the reward is not what I would have expected or wanted. At the very least, the option of a refund should be presented to those at that tier and those who wish to stay can do so. I think that would be fair.

17 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yea, I'd likely stick to getting a refund myself. What Randy's pitched as the new version of the reward is not what I would have expected or wanted. At the very least, the option of a refund should be presented to those at that tier and those who wish to stay can do so. I think that would be fair.

Mainly because you really still have no input on the design. It's gonna be bug and glitch reporting with maybe ask little what are the players talking about for what they'd like to see. And that is already being done o. Multiple social media platforms and here. 

• Like 2

I would just like to hear from Jay that it was resolved and he's happy with said resolution. Not even gonna get into their private discussions, as it's none of my business. Would just like an update from Jay at some point, maybe along the lines of, "all is resolved and I'm happy with the results" I don't need to know what those results are. Just to see that he feels he was taken care of would make it easier for me to keep good faith going. Good luck again Jay!

Just now, cruehitman said:

I would just like to hear from Jay that it was resolved and he's happy with said resolution. Not even gonna get into their private discussions, as it's none of my business. Would just like an update from Jay at some point, maybe along the lines of, "all is resolved and I'm happy with the results" I don't need to know what those results are. Just to see that he feels he was taken care of would make it easier for me to keep good faith going. Good luck again Jay!

Great point. @Jay Can you let us know when it's resolved and if it's to your satisfaction? Like @cruehitman said, the details are none of our business but it would be nice to know if you found the result you were looking for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

For those interested, there's a post on Reddit as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6mqn4p/devs_fail_to_deliver_on_kickstarter_500_virtual/

Lots of support, some shit-talking, but people are seeing why I am understandably feeling upset there as well.

Sounds like it's stalled again...

49 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Sounds like it's stalled again...

How so?

Just now, bewareofbears said:

My bad, I read your previous post as not very optimistic.

Randy totally ignored my request for a refund, if you didn't notice.  He seems to think that this substitution will be good enough to fulfill what was promised.  He's wrong.

Just now, Jay said:

Randy totally ignored my request for a refund, if you didn't notice.  He seems to think that this substitution will be good enough to fulfill what was promised.  He's wrong.

I did notice. Hopefully you can get a dialogue going with him.

Just now, Jay said:

Shady as fuck. I'd personally go for a refund as well.

9 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Yeah they just completely avoided a new shit storm on this one...

Well not quite.  I know what was promised to me when I backed for $500 and have proof of the conversations.  The other 19 people may have never asked.  Maybe the other 19 are happy with this.  But I know and have shared what it was SUPPOSED to be.  I have a legit reason to be refunded in this situation.

• Like 1

I still don't see a way around a refund... what was promised and SOLD for that support tier is not being delivered.

I can't tell you you'll get a NY style pizza if you buy from me, then make you wait forever before finally saying that you'll get a Red Baron frozen pizza... that was bought in NY! lol... 

Sorry, terrible metaphor, but still... What was promised and purchased is not what's being delivered. You can't do that. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I can't blame you for being pissed off bud. Doesn't matter if it's a Kickstarter reward or a new TV that's a different model to the one I ordered....if I hadn't got what I paid for, I'd be annoyed - if my request for my money back (because of their mistake) was then ignored - I'd be absolutely livid. Would make zero difference to me if the other 19 people who were sent the wrong model of TV were happy with the alternative.

I'm thankful that I didn't back the Team Member tier, as I also read it as meaning that you'd be in on Skype calls, etc DURING development (not way after launch).  I instead opted for the Tandy Database level.  Neither are fulfilled nor is there any viable news about either, but I'm out $100 less at least.

8 minutes ago, Dr B DDS said:

I'm thankful that I didn't back the Team Member tier, as I also read it as meaning that you'd be in on Skype calls, etc DURING development (not way after launch).  I instead opted for the Tandy Database level.  Neither are fulfilled nor is there any viable news about either, but I'm out $100 less at least.

That counselor database should also be a concern. 

• Like 1

Not sure how you guys think you deserve a refund? I also purchased this tier, and the only thing that seemed weird was the long wait...but it's all here, we are still doing  the things promised!  Or is it not what you expected?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Not sure how you guys think you deserve a refund? I also purchased this tier, and the only thing that seemed weird was the long wait...but it's all here, we are still doing  the things promised!  Or is it not what you expected?

Not promised or expected. Not late either since technically this is a whole new reward.

Deceitful, lying, and bullshit new reward.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not promised or expected. Not late either since technically this is a whole new reward.

Deceitful, lying, and bullshit new reward.

It's not new!?! We were always promised skype sessions to voice ideas of the games fixes and creative ideas! 

2 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

It's not new!?! We were always promised skype sessions to voice ideas of the games fixes and creative ideas! 

You were, while the game was in development. You were promised to give valuable feedback on the progress of the game as it was being made.

Now you've paid 500 dollars to be a part of Gun's customer support <_<

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You were, while the game was in development. You were promised to give valuable feedback on the progress of the game as it was being made.

Now you've paid 500 dollars to be a part of Gun's customer support <_<

The game is always going to be in development, hell single player isn't  done yet, let alone DLC new maps playable characters fixes tweaks ideas and so on! 

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

The game is always going to be in development hell single player is done yet let alone DLC new maps playable characters fixes tweaks ideas and so on! 

I'm actually surprise you're not upset at all about this. I'm not even a VTM but i'm upset about it.

From a redditor:

ryandunking 1 point an hour ago 

Even after what Randy said on the forum, I'm still thinking "fuck that," I'd still get a refund if I were you.

They say X, don't follow up with X, then they say "forget X, here's Y", then they didn't follow up with Y. Now they're saying "yeah there was problems but look, now we have Z! (while disregarding X and Y)" Hmmm... looks like a pattern...

Lmao I'd nope the fuck out of there ASAP my man.

8 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

according to the communications between @Jay and @Randygbk there was supposed to be monthly meetings while the game was still in planning phase(painting with broad strokes) and bimonthly meetings while game was nearing completion to get feedback and fine tune the product.

That never happened. Now the reward is you get to point out bugs and tell the devs what people would like to see in the future, because there isn't this place called the internet that already does that.

• Like 2

Good news everyone!  Randy and I have come to an agreement and I have gotten a refund.  I'm satisfied and am still a backer, just not at $500.  Thanks, Randy, for taking the time to address the concerns of me and everyone else.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Good news everyone!  Randy and I have come to an agreement and I have gotten a refund.  I'm satisfied and am still a backer, just not at $500.  Thanks, Randy, for taking the time to address the concerns of me and everyone else.

I'm glad to hear that your satisfied and that this was taken care of.

still don't approve of this mess, but at least you got your money back.