Jay

$500 Virtual Team Member tier disappointment

I have sent an email to Gun's email address to formally request a refund.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have sent an email to Gun's email address to formally request a refund.

Best of luck. Hopefully there's a faster reply than here.

I have supported them, defended them, and have said numerous times we need to be patient as we await fixes, and new content! I really believe that......

but maybe after reading about this horror story Jay is living, I need to rethink things. I almost want to say this is borderline fraud! I can't believe what I've read in this thread and am really sorry you've had to go through this! I had no idea this was transporting with the backers that paid that much! 

A refund is the absolute LEAST that should be done for these backers! I'm... speechless. 

20 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

I have supported them, defended them, and have said numerous times we need to be patient as we await fixes, and new content! I really believe that......

but maybe after reading about this horror story Jay is living, I need to rethink things. I almost want to say this is borderline fraud! I can't believe what I've read in this thread and am really sorry you've had to go through this! I had no idea this was transporting with the backers that paid that much! 

A refund is the absolute LEAST that should be done for these backers! I'm... speechless. 

Thanks cruehitman.  I hope this gets resolved quickly and I don't have to resort to other options.  

• Like 1

I mean I'm a backer too... $200... got the special machete limited edition package that I have to wait on till who knows when. And I'm fine with that.

But what you are dealing with Jay.... major props for staying as level headed as you've been during this. Looking forward to seeing how you get this resolved! Please keep us updated. And best of luck!

33 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

But what you are dealing with Jay.... major props for staying as level headed as you've been during this. Looking forward to seeing how you get this resolved! Please keep us updated. And best of luck!

I think my head would have blown off if I were in his position.

• Like 1

Kickstarter support wrote back.  Not much help from them.  I have already contacted Gun at their email address, so I'm still waiting for a reply from them.  As I said in the Radio Silence thread, I'll give them until the end of the day.  Then I'll hit up social channels where surely more people will see this problem.

Kickstarter Support (Kickstarter)

Jul 11, 4:21 PM EDT

Hi Jay, 

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had with this project.

Each project on Kickstarter is an independent work by a creator. They receive payment directly at the end of a successful funding period in order to fund their project and fulfill rewards. That money never actually passes through our hands — we only receive a small fee.

If you’d like to see if a refund is possible, we recommend reaching out to the creator directly. If you don't hear back from the creator after a bit, feel free to follow up with another message or comment. It's possible the creator is responding to many messages from backers, along with trying to work on their project and fulfilling rewards, so it can take a while to hear back.

If you’ve already tried that and haven’t received a response through Kickstarter messaging, you might want to consider reaching out through other channels such as social media or the creator’s own website, where available.

As funds are disbursed directly to the project creator, we're unable to facilitate refunds. That said, I hope that this matter is resolved soon and am here to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Debbie

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh wow, so I went through my Kickstarter messages and found this:

Jay - November 7, 2015

Hi Randy, I am interested in your $500 pledge point but am wondering... what kinds of things will we see in the Skype sessions and how often will they be?

Randy Greenback - Gun Media - November 8, 2015

Hi Jay,

That's my younger brothers name actually...

Ok, for the Skype sessions, you'll get to sit in on some of our design meetings, toss in suggestions and talk with the team members or ask questions. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to the fan involvement. I come from AAA games mainly, and in the past it really sucked that on BIG AAA games we'd have to be so tight-lipped about our work and we could never talk about it until close to launch.

I'm glad we're going to be more open on our process with the backers, and even go as far as to show the game to them and get their feedback on things during development. I think it will make for a better game in the end for everyone.

As for how often they'd be, I'm thinking it will change depending on where we are at in the project. When we're painting in broad strokes in the next few months, it'll be monthly, and when lots of detailed work is being done and more fine-tuning is taking place, we will likely want to do these every two weeks, or even as the need arises. To have outside eyes on things and get opinions from our players right when we need them most, is going to be incredible.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please let me know and don't hesitate to reach out again.

Thank you again for your time, your interest, and your support. Keep spreading the word and we'll Unleash Jason together!

-Randy

So - their promise was never fulfilled.  Now that I've found this, I'm even more pissed.

Randy-

We're sorry for the delay and any negative impact that this lack of communication may have had on anyone. We understand the frustration, appreciate the patience, and all the very understanding people we've been interacting with on this as we march towards bringing Jason back to the masses. The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working to finish this game as quickly as possible for over a year to be able to begin playing it soon with all of you. That said, this reward is due to begin shortly after launch. The group of 20 individuals will be our community/player-base liaisons in design meetings that we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.

The good news is you will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope the backers who got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game. 

I'm laying these out side by side so people can see the clear discrepancies between them.

10 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

No the database is part of the $500 Virtual team member and me and 25 others only have it! 

.... single player development must still have room for development stages where we can chime in on Skype! Funny part is I'm nervous about the Skype thing because I'm not a game developer and have no idea what's involved in this Skype thing! I only purchased this tier because it came with database computer thing!

The Database was the $400 tier. Unless the same person purchased more that one tier above this, then 69 or so people should be in the Database.

For $100 more, you got a Skype session and a signed copy of the game by all of the big names on the project.

Neither of us have gotten any of this yet.

• Like 1

Negative press gets companies to respond fairly quickly because they want to head off the shit storm heading their way. Start a petition. 

37 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

The Database was the $400 tier. Unless the same person purchased more that one tier above this, then 69 or so people should be in the Database.

For $100 more, you got a Skype session and a signed copy of the game by all of the big names on the project.

Neither of us have gotten any of this yet.

Yes I got the one for $500

Well, its 6:05 PM central time.  Work day is over.  No response at all.

Posted this in another thread but it belongs here.

I don't want to rub salt in the wound, but if you weren't pissed you should be now.

Skip to 1 minute in. Apparently they were able to screen share and give behind the scenes info to youtubers but not other backers.

Charmin is a backer, but that doesn't excuse any of it. @bewareofbears you'll definitely like this.

Also he got Skype sessions with Q&A from the devs.

No hate to charmin either. This falls on the devs.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

A new post has been brought to the attention of Steam forum readers.  

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1458454827730355329/

Hello Jay... I'd like to personally respond and apologize for the delay in the kickoff of the Community Design Team reward. I'm sure you know we've been hard at work fixing issues and making the game stable on all platforms. This was the biggest concern for the team. I'm proud to say we're nearly out of the woods and additional updates with many fixes and improvements will be hitting all platforms in the near future. Thank you for your posts and for prompting us to respond to your concerns, it definitely spurred us on more. We appreciate the proactive discussions and the candor you took within them. We want to know when you (and everyone else in the community) have concerns, so we can ensure we take care of them.

That all said... I'd like to post the email I just sent out to the Community Design Team below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT:  Friday the 13th: The Game - Community Design Team Kickoff

Hello,

First and foremost... I'd like to welcome you all to the F13 Community Design Team!

Of course, one of the biggest concerns remains the physical editions with signed copies. We are still in the middle of working on fulfillment of physical copies of the game and this is a very involved process that includes rules and regulations from three separate platforms that have their own expectations. We are working with our physical distribution partner to get these cases out to all of you as quickly as we can, but we continue to ask for your patience in this process.

We're sorry for the delay of the start of the Community Design Team, and any negative impact that this lack of communication may have had on anyone. We understand the frustration, appreciate the patience, and all the very understanding people we've been interacting with about the game and it's progress. The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working hard to fix all this issues and glitches with the game as quickly as possible. That's been our focus, getting the game to a stable state on all platforms.

All of you in this tier will be our community/player-base liaisons in upcoming design meetings. In these meetings we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.

The good news is you will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the craziest, and most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope all of you that got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game.

----------------------- Next Steps -----------------------

1. Everyone please send an email to me at *****@**********.com. The Subject should be "Community Designer - ???? and ??????? ???????". This will make it easy to parse through all the emails that come in daily from fans so I can get everyone added to my Skype.
  2. If you have an email address you'd rather use for meeting notes and other updates, please send that to me as well, in the body of the email from Step 1.
  3. I will be scheduling dates for the meetings and sharing them with everyone on the Community Design Team. I'll be using a shared Google Calendar to track dates for the meetings. If you can't make a meeting, this is fine, but we'd love to have you participate and bring your viewpoints to the table to at least one of them.
  4. Please begin tracking issues that you feel are the most important to discuss in the meeting. One good way to do this would be for everyone to have a Top 5 biggest issues list for the game based on your own thoughts/concerns and observations of others in the game, on forums, etc...
  5. Attend the 1st meeting (Soon to be scheduled) and bring your concerns to the table. We'll go around as a group, and people who want to speak can, others that would prefer to mute mics and just chat text the group instead. No worries on that. It's your opinions and views we want shared, not your video or audio if you aren't up for it.
  6. I'll collect notes from each meeting and email to the list and to the whole dev team afterwards so everyone can read through the results if they were not able to make it. Wash, rinse, repeat...
That's it really. Now... For some basic rules.
  • Please stay up to date with the game and play a few rounds a week at minimum. 
  • Help keep meetings orderly. The dev team's time is very limited and we will need to ensure that the meetings don't stall or go off the rails. We also need them to be useful and productive.
  • Use your status and relationship with the team for good and for the improvement of this game. We will not tolerate anyone using their position on the Community Design team to threaten or coerce others. 
  • Privacy of other Community Design team members, Gun Media and Illfonic employees is of utmost concern. Please do not divulge any contact information you may be privy to, publicly, or to friends/family. Doing so could result in losing your status on the Community Design team and we'd rather not have that.
  • It all boils down to... Please be respectful.
We take your opinions seriously and are appreciative of all you will have to say. We've been incredibly focused on putting out these fires during launch and in the past few weeks. Now, with every platform being patched and updated, we get to build with you all hand in hand. We can't wait to hear what you have to say! 

We're all looking forward to kickoff and we have some exciting plans for you all.

Thanks again!

-Randy
  • Like 2

I have taken this to email to personally discuss with Randy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have taken this to email to personally discuss with Randy.

While I remain disappointed it was so difficult to bring attention to this, I'm glad that it's being dealt with and I hope you find a positive resolution. :)

44 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

While I remain disappointed it was so difficult to bring attention to this, I'm glad that it's being dealt with and I hope you find a positive resolution. :)

Yeah they just completely avoided a new shit storm on this one...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

They definitely did. Still doesn't explain why certain youtubers seemed to have gotten what was orginally promised. But oh well.

3 hours ago, Randygbk said:

Very questionable idea

Randy,

I understand that this is something you have to move forward with now that you have promised it, but in reality that is a really "questionable" idea. You want at least a couple of people that play the game well enough to understand the bigger picture. What do I mean with the bigger picture? To be frank if someone would try to ensure as many escapes as possible and you were in his game he would pick up the shotgun and shoot you as fast as he can just to increase the survival rate of all others. For various reasons.

That is the sad reality about this game. You have created a game were teamates can unvoluntarily be a detriment to your survival chance. An average gamer will not notice these things and happily keep locking the south door at packanack lodge or take the fuse on an epic journey.

The cherry on top is that Jason is a laughing stock in terms of power and killing him is the easiest win condition. Now you might scatter into your data and look. Oh well Jason is not killed that often! What is he talking about? So I will give you the gist right here: In any given match that has 2-3 actually good survivors the survival rate of Jason is roughly 50%.

Your data might not indicate this problem yet, but it is there. As soon as people stop running away in fear (and that is a given over time) the death rate will increase by a landslide. However at the same time the people will be getting into combat more and see all the shortcomings there.

There is only a handful of people in this game that have the knowledge and understanding right now and simple math will tell you that a random population of 20 people has a very small chance to even have one good player in it.

That does not mean that the viewpoint of weaker players or casuals is not important, because in reality their experience is the most important, but it means that their viewpoint of current problems is simply just that "I struggle with this" and there won't be many applicable solutions coming from them either, nor will they see if the problem is rooted in their own playstyle.

They can't help you with stats, because they don't know how stats work. Heck I bet half the dev team doesn't understand the shortcomings of the stats that lure people into believing things that are simply not true. See that little stealth stat has nothing to do with sense, yet the tooltip states as much. List for these type of things is endless. You say in your post that dev time is valuable and it of course is. So how about you bring people to the table that understand the game and can give you solutions. You can of course just proceed as is and throw money away by iterating back and forth instead of just saying:

"This is the vision we have, we don't know exactly how to create this experience. Help us."

These 20 guys won't be able to help you, but there are others that can and that will come through for you the moment the dev arrogance is dropped in that regard.

P.s. Today I will do a little event of just going for a kill-streak session with a group of 3. We will kill your mighty Jason for hours straight and often back to back. Want to see the difference of data vs reality feel free to come by and see how your game will be played in a couple of months by the majority of people that are still left, because your NPE is so unforgiving. www.twitch.tv/pappusgaming

3 hours ago, Pappus said:

Lots of words

Pappus, this isn't the right thread for that. You can PM Randy directly if you want, but this thread is about the $500 virtual team member backer rewards.

Also, you might be able to kill Jason with a coordinated group against randoms, but if you go against someone tough who knows how to use combat stance and blocking your chances are going to shoot way down. But that isn't the discussion on this thread so we're not going to post any more about that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

7 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They definitely did. Still doesn't explain why certain youtubers seemed to have gotten what was orginally promised. But oh well.

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I feel like I've read that statement from Randy before including the next steps and all. I can't think of where but it seems awfully familiar for some reason. While it will probably be cool to be a community liaison and that's the least they can do, it's not what was promised. Monthly and bimonthly meetings during development is what that other email from Randy said. And since they did it with a youtuber it was more than possible. They should be made liaisons and still recieve a partial refund for the failed promise. 

Edit: also 20 community liaisons who didn't know that's what they would be doing is kind of a useless backer tier. How many still play? Do they want to even do that? Are they all on same system? They may not want to liaise since that wasn't the original deal. Seems like a cheap way to try and fix the problem, because there's a chance those 20 will never even want to do that and thereby making Gun free from any liabilities. I personally think it's kind of a cool idea but it's not what was pitched and therefore might not be interested or used by those backers. 

• Like 1