Jay

$500 Virtual Team Member tier disappointment

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I'll just throw this out, from Kickstarter's blog: https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/accountability-on-kickstarter

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

This is really disappointing to see. It's beyond me why it was overlooked in the first place and I think the following quote from Randy:

On May 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Randygbk said:

We're sorry for the delay and any negative impact that this lack of communication may have had on anyone. We understand the frustration, appreciate the patience, and all the very understanding people we've been interacting with on this as we march towards bringing Jason back to the masses. The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working to finish this game as quickly as possible for over a year to be able to begin playing it soon with all of you. That said, this reward is due to begin shortly after launch. The group of 20 individuals will be our community/player-base liaisons in design meetings that we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.

The good news is you will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope the backers who got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game. 

...is a flat-out lie at this point. No idea why they would make a promise like this and completely neglect it during the development process and then neglect it yet again, after the game's development.

On July 8, 2017 at 5:54 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Have you emailed Randy? 

You're capable of e-mailing Randy too. You kind of work with the guy and all... You could probably even text or call him.

This guy deserves a refund, as do the others who paid for a broken promise.

@Jay If this isn't quickly resolved, you definitely need to contact support at Kickstarter.

6 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I'm a $500 Virtual team member as well! 

Guys im sure Gun is going to keep this for single player or shortly after! Be patient...

Going back and looking at Kickstarter, this was supposed to be delivered to us in October of 2016.  It does say "ESTIMATED DATE" but I think they failed as it's now 9 months past their estimate.

This is a failed promise.  This is refund worthy.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Going back and looking at Kickstarter, this was supposed to be delivered to us in October of 2016.  It does say "ESTIMATED DATE" but I think they failed as it's now 9 months past their estimate.

This is a failed promise.  This is refund worthy.

See I hear you out dude but I'm a custom drum builder and had a few customers in the past I promised to have their drums finished and shipped to them by x date and it took months later and thankfully they were patient and knew they were getting an amazing quality product that they had already payed for in full for.

Can't blame you for being upset. I would be too. Hopefully Single Player will arrive soon and they include you guy's on things for that.

Honestly every kickstarter tier should of had their promises filled on release. Still no word on psychical copies even <_<

Not like i'd buy one. It's just the point.

Wow, no response from anyone at Gun for almost 48 hours now.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wow, no response from anyone at Gun for almost 48 hours now.

If this continues I recommend contacting kickstarter support. At least you're more likely to get a response that way.

I have contacted Kickstarter support to see what can be done.  It's really sad that even when developers are tagged in a post, they make no effort to chime in and communicate with us on something that affects at least 20 high paying supporters.  Horsecrap!  

9 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

See I hear you out dude but I'm a custom drum builder and had a few customers in the past I promised to have their drums finished and shipped to them by x date and it took months later and thankfully they were patient and knew they were getting an amazing quality product that they had already payed for in full for.

This is a little different. The development process is over so this virtual team member thing isn't actually possible anymore.

8 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Honestly every kickstarter tier should of had their promises filled on release. Still no word on psychical copies even <_<

Not like i'd buy one. It's just the point.

Agreed. Keeping promises is kind of big deal...

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I have contacted Kickstarter support to see what can be done.  It's really sad that even when developers are tagged in a post, they make no effort to chime in and communicate with us on something that affects at least 20 high paying supporters.  Horsecrap!  

Let us know how it goes. They owe you a refund. You've been more than patient and understanding.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea it’s sad it’s like they don’t I’ve a shit at all and that’s not okay they’re being like NO MANS SKY

Oh wow, so I went through my Kickstarter messages and found this:

Jay - November 7, 2015

Hi Randy, I am interested in your $500 pledge point but am wondering... what kinds of things will we see in the Skype sessions and how often will they be?

Randy Greenback - Gun Media - November 8, 2015

Hi Jay,

That's my younger brothers name actually...

Ok, for the Skype sessions, you'll get to sit in on some of our design meetings, toss in suggestions and talk with the team members or ask questions. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to the fan involvement. I come from AAA games mainly, and in the past it really sucked that on BIG AAA games we'd have to be so tight-lipped about our work and we could never talk about it until close to launch.

I'm glad we're going to be more open on our process with the backers, and even go as far as to show the game to them and get their feedback on things during development. I think it will make for a better game in the end for everyone.

As for how often they'd be, I'm thinking it will change depending on where we are at in the project. When we're painting in broad strokes in the next few months, it'll be monthly, and when lots of detailed work is being done and more fine-tuning is taking place, we will likely want to do these every two weeks, or even as the need arises. To have outside eyes on things and get opinions from our players right when we need them most, is going to be incredible.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please let me know and don't hesitate to reach out again.

Thank you again for your time, your interest, and your support. Keep spreading the word and we'll Unleash Jason together!

-Randy

So - their promise was never fulfilled.  Now that I've found this, I'm even more pissed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Bullshit

This should be getting more attention than some douche getting banned.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It certainly should be!   

Wow, that really sucks. I had no idea these promises went unfulfilled, and with no indication of being rectified. With all the fallout from the ban incident going on, I do empathise with the devs current experiences and don't want to create more negativity. But this topic is something totally different and I know I would be furious if I was in your position Jay, and the other 19 or so you mentioned. That is really a big deal and it needs to be resolved ASAP.

I mean, people were angry over receiving their $6 DLC late...I didn't care very much. But this is just complete negligence and at the absolute least it deserves another response from the devs immediately. You and the other backers have already shown exemplary patience when it comes to this level of backing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Jay - November 7, 2015

Hi Randy, I am interested in your $500 pledge point but am wondering... what kinds of things will we see in the Skype sessions and how often will they be?

Randy Greenback - Gun Media - November 8, 2015

Hi Jay,

That's my younger brothers name actually...

Ok, for the Skype sessions, you'll get to sit in on some of our design meetings, toss in suggestions and talk with the team members or ask questions. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to the fan involvement. I come from AAA games mainly, and in the past it really sucked that on BIG AAA games we'd have to be so tight-lipped about our work and we could never talk about it until close to launch.

I'm glad we're going to be more open on our process with the backers, and even go as far as to show the game to them and get their feedback on things during development. I think it will make for a better game in the end for everyone.

As for how often they'd be, I'm thinking it will change depending on where we are at in the project. When we're painting in broad strokes in the next few months, it'll be monthly, and when lots of detailed work is being done and more fine-tuning is taking place, we will likely want to do these every two weeks, or even as the need arises. To have outside eyes on things and get opinions from our players right when we need them most, is going to be incredible.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please let me know and don't hesitate to reach out again.

Thank you again for your time, your interest, and your support. Keep spreading the word and we'll Unleash Jason together!

-Randy

So - their promise was never fulfilled.  Now that I've found this, I'm even more pissed.

Wow.

This is a broken promise- you're definitely deserving of a refund. I'm sure they had the best of intentions but to completely neglect it and then come back and tell you it's something completely different is pretty ridiculous (and then not even delivering that.) It's a flat-out lie.

@Randygbk No more lies, just do a refund.

Definitely not cool.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

100%. I'd like to see this situation actually handled properly too.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

It certainly should be!   

If you receive a reply from Kickstarter, send them the original letter from Randy.

I'm at the $400 tier. Didn't do the $500 tier because I am not into Skype. Ronnie said the Camp Counselor Database, also a big part of the $500 tier, and something around only 70 people are a part of, is on its way once all the game's short circuits are evened out.

I believe him but, as others have mentioned, the lack of communication doesn't lend one confidence.

1 hour ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I'm at the $400 tier. Didn't do the $500 tier because I am not into Skype. Ronnie said the Camp Counselor Database, also a big part of the $500 tier, and something around only 70 people are a part of, is on its way once all the game's short circuits are evened out.

I believe him but, as others have mentioned, the lack of communication doesn't lend one confidence.

No the database is part of the $500 Virtual team member and me and 25 others only have it! 

.... single player development must still have room for development stages where we can chime in on Skype! Funny part is I'm nervous about the Skype thing because I'm not a game developer and have no idea what's involved in this Skype thing! I only purchased this tier because it came with database computer thing!

37 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

No the database is part of the $500 Virtual team member and me and 25 others only have it! 

.... single player development must still have room for development stages where we can chime in on Skype! Funny part is I'm nervous about the Skype thing because I'm not a game developer and have no idea what's involved in this Skype thing! I only purchased this tier because it came with database computer thing!

I think I'd be more concerned about getting my money back. If you read that e-mail from Randy you'll see the ship has truely sailed on the $500 tier reward being fulfilled.

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I think I'd be more concerned about getting my money back. If you read that e-mail from Randy you'll see the ship has truely sailed on the $500 tier reward being fulfilled.

I think I'm good dude! Even if so, I helped fund the game!  but I do completely understand everyone's frustration!  Hey I'm not Gun Media but if it's too late to do the Skype part maybe they can offer something else in place of that!?! Idk let's just wait and see guys! 

6 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I think I'm good dude! Even if so, I helped fund the game!  but I do completely understand everyone's frustration!  Hey I'm not Gun Media but if it's too late to do the Skype part maybe they can offer something else in place of that!?! Idk let's just wait and see guys! 

I disagree about the patience thing... the game is out, so the multiplayer development cycle is done. Single player is to be released this summer and it's currently summer. It's not really possible to fulfill it. Would you really pay that much for a Skype session or two as opposed to the promised "virtual team member"?

I agree they could offer a substitute. I think if someone isn't appeased by the substitute then they should be given a refund.

I mean, the other 19 people can do what they want.  But I was told from Randy what should be expected and it never happened.  I want a refund.  I don't care about the substitution.  You can take away my game codes and access too for all I care.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I mean, the other 19 people can do what they want.  But I was told from Randy what should be expected and it never happened.  I want a refund.  I don't care about the substitution.  You can take away my game codes and access too for all I care.

@GunMedia_Ben @wes @Randygbk