Jay

$500 Virtual Team Member tier disappointment

UPDATE 7/12/17: Good news everyone!  Randy and I have come to an agreement and I have gotten a refund.  I'm satisfied and am still a backer, just not at $500.  Thanks, Randy, for taking the time to address the concerns of me and everyone else.

ORIGINAL POST:

I must say that I am disappointed in my pledge on Kickstarter.  The $500 Virtual Team Member tier is the one I chose specifically because of the "Get behind the scenes access to Skype sessions with the Designers/Devs" part.  It's the only reason I chose the VTM tier over the $129 pledge.

Sadly, I never once got any Skype sessions or any emails alerting me to them.  Did any of the other 19 people get Skype sessions?  I feel as though I wasted $371 on something I was promised and never got.  I would have loved to see things behind the scenes and talk with the devs/designers about things but that ship has sailed.

Is there anything anyone can do to make it up to me -- or am I just expected to be OK with this?

Edited by Jay
updated with outcome
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I must say that I am disappointed in my pledge on Kickstarter.  The $500 Virtual Team Member tier is the one I chose specifically because of the "Get behind the scenes access to Skype sessions with the Designers/Devs" part.  It's the only reason I chose the VTR tier over the $129 pledge.

Sadly, I never once got any Skype sessions or any emails alerting me to them.  Did any of the other 19 people get Skype sessions?  I feel as though I wasted $371 on something I was promised and never got.  I would have loved to see things behind the scenes and talk with the devs/designers about things but that ship has sailed.

Is there anything anyone can do to make it up to me -- or am I just expected to be OK with this?

Ouch. I wondered about that one. I'm sorry to hear it- you should definitely send them an e-mail asking what's up.

Wow... if this is true I would be livid.

I'm actually not sure what to say here.. sorry man. But it does sound like you have a few bones to pick.

Thanks for the support guys.  It means a lot to me.   Hope to hear something about this soon.

Ouch man that sucks, sorry to hear. Do hope something gets done for you

I'm sure they'll refund you once they are aware.  If they don't.... I dunno what to say.

If they can't then I should expect them to do so post launch, and they should do that before adding anything else.

I'm sure they'll refund you but that's kinda crappy.

We're sorry for the delay and any negative impact that this lack of communication may have had on anyone. We understand the frustration, appreciate the patience, and all the very understanding people we've been interacting with on this as we march towards bringing Jason back to the masses. The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working to finish this game as quickly as possible for over a year to be able to begin playing it soon with all of you. That said, this reward is due to begin shortly after launch. The group of 20 individuals will be our community/player-base liaisons in design meetings that we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.

The good news is you will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope the backers who got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Randygbk said:

We're sorry for the delay and any negative impact that this lack of communication may have had on anyone. We understand the frustration, appreciate the patience, and all the very understanding people we've been interacting with on this as we march towards bringing Jason back to the masses. The teams at Gun and Illfonic have been heads down working to finish this game as quickly as possible for over a year to be able to begin playing it soon with all of you. That said, this reward is due to begin shortly after launch. The group of 20 individuals will be our community/player-base liaisons in design meetings that we'll be discussing how to respond to feedback, exploits, balance issues, etc... The dev team will need you to be playing the game, listening to the players feedback as you slash and slay, and bringing their concerns to the meeting as representatives of the entire player community.

The good news is you will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game. 

And there you go. I knew they would explain and make it right. Sounds like it will be an awesome experience .

• Like 1

I completely missed this thread, and had actually forgotten all about this tier. Heck, now I'm only just remembering the Design an Achievement one, remember that? Anyone here had the cash for that?

But anyway, sounds like Jay's gonna be one of the reps for us lot. Guess that means we'd better shape up and start wearing pants around this place.

We have the Achievement Designer tier achievements in the game for launch, and I am happy to report that we had fun working with the backers at that level to come up with some cool achievements that ended up getting some fun names as well. Go forth and unlock them all!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Randygbk said:

The good news is you will be involved in the design process and get to go behind the scenes during one of the most fun periods of times on the project. We all hope the backers who got this reward take the responsibility and opportunity seriously, as we'd love to have you as part of the team while growing and evolving the game to be bigger and even better. Emails will be going out soon to go over everything. We are very excited, as there will be a lot to talk about over the course of the life of the game. 

Thanks for the reply Randy.  This does sound like a great opportunity!  I was not aware (maybe nobody was?) that this was going to be something that occurred after launch, mostly since it was in the Kickstarter while the game was in the early stages.  I had thought it would be related to early design.  But, I am looking forward to being a part of this group -- sounds fun.  

Thanks again!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Randygbk said:

We have the Achievement Designer tier achievements in the game for launch, and I am happy to report that we had fun working with the backers at that level to come up with some cool achievements that ended up getting some fun names as well. Go forth and unlock them all!

Could you say which came from those backers? 

So what's the status on this now?  Haven't heard anything in 45 days.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

So what's the status on this now?  Haven't heard anything in 45 days.

I was wondering about this today. They should give you guys a refund or find an acceptable substitute for your reward. At this point, a month and a half after launch, how would you actually be a virtual team member? They'll probably do a Skype session once and then never again... a refund or substitute makes the most sense.

$400 tier here.

Still waiting on the TPS-800AX Camp Counselor Database. Ronnie told me that it will be coming, but the team is working on patching up the game, getting Xbox up to speed, etc.

Still, this seems like a one-and-done part of the game, basically a glorified stat page file, so I am not sure what is up with this. The lack of update communications don't help clear things up.

If the team has time to try and get Fox in the game, then surely they have time to get something that was promised in October 2015 in there.

???

• Like 2

Should I have to email Randy?  This is something me and 19 other people paid $500 for.  Surely we shouldn't have to remind everyone over and over of this.

Even if you do get this up and running, I'm salty enough over the situation to not even give a crap about it.  I would happily take a refund on it because I don't feel this has lived up to the expectation OR what was originally described.  Randy came in 45 days ago and said "oh we're sorry... but here's what we're REALLY going to do..." which wasn't what was explained in the Kickstarter.  THAT is what I paid for.  Not what you guys changed it to after the fact.   Sure, at the time, I was happy that it was addressed but now it's 45 days later and it's been lost once again.

So as I said before, I would HAPPILY take a refund on it.  

• Like 2

i could be mistaken, but wasn't this touched on in the last backer e mail? I've since deleted mine, but i 100% remember them talking about this in one of the last e mails received. 

7 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

$400 tier here.

Still waiting on the TPS-800AX Camp Counselor Database. Ronnie told me that it will be coming, but the team is working on patching up the game, getting Xbox up to speed, etc.

Still, this seems like a one-and-done part of the game, basically a glorified stat page file, so I am not sure what is up with this. The lack of update communications don't help clear things up.

If the team has time to try and get Fox in the game, then surely they have time to get something that was promised in October 2015 in there.

???

Yeah, I hear ya.  I love how the $1000 tier where you get a tombstone is in a place on the map that nobody ever goes.  There's no reason to go to the graveyard for something in the game.  What's the point of having tombstones nobody will even see and pay $1000 for it.  Yes, I know the $1000 also covers some of the previous tiers of perks, of which still don't exist.  

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yeah, I hear ya.  I love how the $1000 tier where you get a tombstone is in a place on the map that nobody ever goes.  There's no reason to go to the graveyard for something in the game.  What's the point of having tombstones nobody will even see and pay $1000 for it.  Yes, I know the $1000 also covers some of the previous tiers of perks, of which still don't exist.  

I went there the other night to impale someone on the graveyard fence. I also think I saw J-Pops' tombstone.

But yeah, other than maybe traversing to Jason's shack, there's really no reason to go to the graveyard. Maybe to hide as a last ditch effort since even Jason won't think you'd have gone there. Haha!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Should I have to email Randy?  This is something me and 19 other people paid $500 for.  Surely we shouldn't have to remind everyone over and over of this.

Even if you do get this up and running, I'm salty enough over the situation to not even give a crap about it.  I would happily take a refund on it because I don't feel this has lived up to the expectation OR what was originally described.  Randy came in 45 days ago and said "oh we're sorry... but here's what we're REALLY going to do..." which wasn't what was explained in the Kickstarter.  THAT is what I paid for.  Not what you guys changed it to after the fact.   Sure, at the time, I was happy that it was addressed but now it's 45 days later and it's been lost once again.

So as I said before, I would HAPPILY take a refund on it.  

You definitely shouldn't have to e-mail them or hunt them down. They've broken a promise and should do a refund.

@wes @Randygbk @GunMedia_Ben

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

You definitely shouldn't have to e-mail them or hunt them down. They've broken a promise and should do a refund.

I'll just throw this out, from Kickstarter's blog: https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/accountability-on-kickstarter

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.