Sign in to follow this  

Will you be able to play with multiple people on the same xbox one?

I want to be able to play this with my boyfriend and the roommate all on the same xbox/tv setup. Is that possible?

Couch co-op is the term to play on the same console with numerous players much how like we all did in the early 2000's and before. For others like me that have a tough time finding console games that are local couch co-op I recommend this badass site that is a database for all types of multiplayer capable (couch coop or otherwise) it's called http://www.co-optimus.com/

Seems like such a rare thing nowadays with console games so I always try to find this answer before buying a console game. Worst comes to worse I'll have to buy a copy for my xbox and one for my PC since cross platform play will be possible.

I've tried searching online and here on the forums but haven't found an answer. Made an account just to post this.

I appreciate any help guys, thanks! :)

Just now, Rptr04 said:

Will you be able to play with multiple people on the same xbox one?

Unfortunately not.

1 minute ago, Rptr04 said:

Seems like such a rare thing nowadays with console games so I always try to find this answer before buying a console game. Worst comes to worse I'll have to buy a copy for my xbox and one for my PC since cross platform play will be possible.

Sorry I hate being the bad news guy. But cross platform play looks like its not happening.

But hey. welcome to the forums!

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Sorry I hate being the bad news guy. But cross platform play looks like its not happening.

Well atleast not at launch maybe down the road. 

Oh wow... that's extremely disappointing. It's really frustrating that games don't have splitscreen/local coop anymore. What's the point of buying a console anymore???

Looks like I won't be buying this game after all.

3 minutes ago, Rptr04 said:

Oh wow... that's extremely disappointing. It's really frustrating that games don't have splitscreen/local coop anymore. What's the point of buying a console anymore???

Looks like I won't be buying this game after all.

I can recommend rocket league for couch coop. Loads of fun.

But yeah, games nowadays have moved to either big multiplayer experiences or big single player experiences. Little to no split screen exists today.

@Brigadius 

I was hoping for this feature as well. Even asked Randy about it during the Kickstarter campaign. There's no plans to support split screen for this iteration of the game at all, even down the line with patching. The team just couldn't take on the added time to build out such an infrequently used feature this time around unfortunately. 

Very lame. Appreciate the information. I don't know if I can justify the purchase now. Having the three of us sitting around while 1 plays and 2 watch isn't exactly fun for the group.

I'll have to get gang beasts instead, lol.

Maybe they mite add it for the single player aspect of the game? But split screen for the online that would most likely be cheaters paradise 

Split screen is a thing of the past. Most games now are optimized to use the full power of the console, usually with little headroom aside from what is needed for the console's OS.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But in more recent games where it's been done, it's come at the sacrifice of screen resolution (splits screen, but in 4:3 ratio) and overall graphics quality.

15 hours ago, Paul82 said:

Maybe they mite add it for the single player aspect of the game? But split screen for the online that would most likely be cheaters paradise 

You know others way off cheating like ? Chat 

Discord Skype so nothing can stop people from cheating 

Well this thread took off. No split screen for issues mentioned already. Games look to utilize the maximum graphical capacities that they can for the game. When you do split screen things need to be double rendered in real time so it does not leave room for split screen. It's the small sacrifice made for advancements in creating great playing and great looking games.

16 hours ago, Rptr04 said:

Very lame. Appreciate the information. I don't know if I can justify the purchase now. Having the three of us sitting around while 1 plays and 2 watch isn't exactly fun for the group.

I'll have to get gang beasts instead, lol.

Welcome to the forums but, I still think you may like it. If you like jason movies, this game is fun just to watch as well as play. Think of it as watching a brand new movie every time it's not your turn to get on the sticks?