Dennis--h

Preload has started on steam!!!

Nope. I haven't.

Either they are sending them out in waves over time or he's talking about steam pre orders being able to pre load over backers who haven't gotten codes yet. His post is pretty vague.

21 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Nope. I haven't.

Either they are sending them out in waves over time or he's talking about steam pre orders being able to pre load over backers who haven't gotten codes yet. His post is pretty vague.

Yeah guess steam preorders can only preload now. 

I have preload it now :)

Friday the 13 is number 6 on the topseller right now on steam ^^

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

Friday the 13 is number 6 on the topseller right now on steam ^^

Thats VERY good news.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Thats VERY good news.

And blows...

...for the backers. 

• Like 5

Yeah im not opposed to sending out the keys in waves to backers so they can preload the game.

But allowing the steam preorder people to potentially play the game first AND sending out all the codes the day of launch really does seem completely foolish and a slap in the face to the people who helped get the game off the ground to begin with. I'm not opposed to sending out the codes to backers in waves over the next two days. They should not have to wait over steam pre orders though.

What's the story for consoles ? I know they can't get pre orders but us backers that are already good to go should have this option as well.  I guess I'm not surprised though !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TWarner said:

What's the story for consoles ? I know they can't get pre orders but us backers that are already good to go should have this option as well.  I guess I'm not surprised though !

We're just gonna have to buy it on midnight.

Thats what i'm doing on console at least. I still need to wait for Savini and clothing pack codes though.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

We're just gonna have to buy it on midnight.

Thats what i'm doing on console at least.

I don't need to buy it I was an original Kickstarter Backer.

• Like 3

Just now, TWarner said:

I don't need to buy it I was an original Kickstarter Backer.

You'll have to wait on the codes then. i gotta do the same for Savini and clothing pack.

Just now, raisedbywolveswithbeards said:

How come steam buyers are able to preload but backers haven't got the codes to preload yet?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You'll have to wait on the codes then. i gotta do the same for Savini and clothing pack.

Ya I guess so.  I have both of those as well. They should have put out a post in regards to pre loading for anyone and have it for all not just PC. I rarely get pissed on here but this makes my blood boil a bit !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raisedbywolveswithbeards said:

How come steam buyers are able to preload but backers haven't got the codes to preload yet?

Maybe they are required to put the codes out at a certain time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gents said:

Maybe they are required to put the codes out at a certain time.

I don't want to sound like  I am throwing my toys out of the pram when I say this but I would like to think the people who supported this project before it hit steam on kickstarter and backerit would be getting the ability to preload before people buying it on steam.

It would put people's minds at rest that they will receive a code for the day of launch because we all know how these things can go wrong when sending out lots of keys.

If even one person misses out on playing the game because of a key not being sent on the day of release whilst someone who purchases on steam is playing it, well, that would be pretty bad for people who have supported this project from the beginning imo.

I am not saying of course that people will miss out on getting a key, simply saying you never know.

Personally speaking, if I knew I could have preloaded it on steam right now and had the piece of mind of knowing I will be playing it the second it is launched rather than worrying about getting a key on launch day, well, I would have just purchased on steam.

• Like 1

Ben will be here shortly to tell us to quit our belly aching.

maybe i'm being petty, but my internet isn't stellar i would like to preload what i can. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, raisedbywolveswithbeards said:

I don't want to sound like  I am throwing my toys out of the pram when I say this but I would like to think the people who supported this project before it hit steam on kickstarter and backerit would be getting the ability to preload before people buying it on steam.

It would put people's minds at rest that they will receive a code for the day of launch because we all know how these things can go wrong when sending out lots of keys.

If even one person misses out on playing the game because of a key not being sent on the day of release whilst someone who purchases on steam is playing it, well, that would be pretty bad for people who have supported this project from the beginning imo.

I am not saying of course that people will miss out on getting a key, simply saying you never know.

Personally speaking, if I knew I could have preloaded it on steam right now and had the piece of mind of knowing I will be playing it the second it is launched rather than worrying about getting a key on launch day, well, I would have just purchased on steam.

Yeah, I totally get you. I think the keys should have been sent out long ago... I'd be in the same postion if I had deicded to buy the game eariler... But I missed the deadline for the kickstarter. If keys aren't sent out till release, at least its only 3.7 gigs or something like that to download.. So it should be fairly quick with a decent connection. Maybe they could compensate backers some how though if that happens.

• Like 2

Well not that this eases feelings but the game is roughly 3.5GB you should be able to install it in a very small amount of time. Is pre-loading for such a small file really a deal breaker?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JPops said:

Well not that this eases feelings but the game is roughly 3.5GB you should be able to install it in a very small amount of time. Is pre-loading for such a small file really a deal breaker?

I'm ok with it for the most part.  I think the issue is that people who backed the game from the start figured they would be the first to get their keys and start their DL.  It is what it is I guess.  I just hope we get our keys before the servers go up. 

Just now, Gdain said:

I'm ok with it for the most part.  I think the issue is that people who backed the game from the start figured they would be the first to get their keys and start their DL.  It is what it is I guess.  I just hope we get our keys before the servers go up. 

I can understand if expectations were not met. I can understand that people are upset things did not follow their expectations. I know everyone is anxious to get in there and play and that's a very good thing. We are not too far from that moment, sharpen your machetes folks it's almost time to go to camp!

• Like 4