Krypt

Gun and Illfonic next project after Fri the 13th

i was thinking after this game is successful because we are all going to support it and it's healthy enough maybe gun might considered doing a predator game, maybe 2 predators vs a group of marines and the two predators have to work together to kill all the marines, if anybody can pull it off its these guys, hardly anybody can pull of a symmetrical game but this small team have managed to knock it out of the park, hell AAA games like evole flopped so..

38 minutes ago, Krypt said:

i was thinking after this game is successful because we are all going to support it and it's healthy enough maybe gun might considered doing a predator game, maybe 2 predators vs a group of marines and the two predators have to work together to kill all the marines, if anybody can pull it off its these guys, hardly anybody can pull of a symmetrical game but this small team have managed to knock it out of the park, hell AAA games like evole flopped so..

I imagine the Predator license is held by whoever holds the Alien license. I may be wrong. Either way, I think some company likely has the rights already. Unfortunately for any company, you rarely get to choose your next project unless it's a completely original idea.

Stay with this game for a long while, adding patches and tons of DLC.

Then do a Halloween game with the Haddonfield neighborhood as the base map. Similar asymmetrical gameplay as F13. Jarvis becomes Dr. Loomis, etc.

Would be a smash hit. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 8:22 PM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Stay with this game for a long while, adding patches and tons of DLC.

Then do a Halloween game with the Haddonfield neighborhood as the base map. Similar asymmetrical gameplay as F13. Jarvis becomes Dr. Loomis, etc.

Would be a smash hit. 

That may be possible. They did get Michael, Laurie and Haddonfield for DBD IIRC.

34 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

That may be possible. They did get Michael, Laurie and Haddonfield for DBD IIRC.

Yep.

Myers versus seven babysitters. Houses replace cabins. Loomis replaces Jarvis. Still can call the police.

Another smash hit in the making.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Yep.

Myers versus seven babysitters. Houses replace cabins. Loomis replaces Jarvis. Still can call the police.

Another smash hit in the making.

Who owns the rights to that? Is that still Trancas and Akkad?

If this game continues to prove a success, Halloween would want to follow through. after all they feel Friday the 13th ripped them off in the moves after all.

People would have a blast playing as Mr. Loomis. I'd also throw Laurie in as a second callable character.

6 hours ago, Jason Lives said:

Who owns the rights to that? Is that still Trancas and Akkad?

If this game continues to prove a success, Halloween would want to follow through. after all they feel Friday the 13th ripped them off in the moves after all.

People would have a blast playing as Mr. Loomis. I'd also throw Laurie in as a second callable character.

I think the Akkad son still has the rights to this after his father passed away.

Yes, Laurie would be a must-addition!!!

On 5/25/2017 at 3:06 PM, antonz said:

I want them to do nightmare on elm street next.

Hell yes! You really could do so much with the environment and "powers" for Freddy. 

1 minute ago, Kashyyyk said:

Hell yes! You really could do so much with the environment and "powers" for Freddy. 

Mate, Freddy is the king of evil in my book. If they get the rights/licences and launch a Kickstarter,  my bank manager is going to hate me.

I would think it would be harder to conjure up a Nightmare on Elm Street game if its going to be visceral killing like F13 the Game is.  Unless the victims enter a dream world where they have to survive, since most of Freddy's killings were done through the dreams of his victims.  The game idea itself would be great, but its one that could be easily messed up if done the wrong way.

3 hours ago, sparkhazel said:

I would think it would be harder to conjure up a Nightmare on Elm Street game if its going to be visceral killing like F13 the Game is.  Unless the victims enter a dream world where they have to survive, since most of Freddy's killings were done through the dreams of his victims.  The game idea itself would be great, but its one that could be easily messed up if done the wrong way.

Agreed. Match could start with players going to sleep for the night instead  campers around a fire. Much thought would have to go into it but i think they could pull it off. Would love to see Freddy make it to the main stage in a game.  I was disappointed in the NES version.