GunMedia_Ben

Favorite Final Girl? (Or Guy)

Okay, 

So...we consistenly have a Friday the 13th movie playing in the office at any given time. I just finished up Jason Lives, and I remain convinced my favorite final girl is Megan, played by Jennifer Cooke. She's a badass, takes charge and happens to kick a lot of ass in the movie. That and her driving skills were pretty awesome.  

MsSNher.jpg

Who's your favorite survivor? Tommy? Tina? 

• Like 1

I like Tina because she brought the pain to Jason. Also she chose to confront him as opposed to being forced to. Beat Down Tommy from a New Beginning is my favorite male survivor, because he struck me as an accurate portrayal of how someone would react to survivin Jason: little messed up in head, on guard & withdrawn, makes sure to have a weapon at all times &  learned how to lay the beat down quickly. I just wish he had actually gotten to combat that Jason as opposed to tripping out.

• Like 2

Megan and Tommy are my favorites. I view Tommy as Jason's arch rival. Friday the 13th's 4 - 6, even though 5 didn't have Jason in it, are like WWE PPV's where Cena wrestles Randy Orton over and over again in the main event. Tommy just has Jason's number and I love him for it. 

Megan is also one of my favorites for all of the reasons mentioned above AND the fact that she took on Jason while partnering up with his rival, TOMMY! 

Just my 2 cents!

Tommy is an easy choice for the guys. For the girls, that's a little more tough, because I like pretty much all of them. It would probably be a tie between Ginny, Megan and Tina.

I would pick rennie... It's an odd choice I know but ever since I was little rennie has reminded me of someone that I know and she seems like a character who knows her morals she mostly defeated Jason by emotionally overcoming her fears of him rather than physically defeating him which that's the first time I've seen that because Alice couldn't even emotionally overcome her trauma according to Part 2 which some say got her killed

Just a little help if needed . I hate to not decide , but I hate to decide ...

5CDa8Nu.jpg

Sign me up for Rowan! Lol but seriously I never really had a favorite. Usually in any movie I find myself siding with the "Villain" but in horror movies I am kind of like run for your life! Oh you are so dead! Lol

• Like 1

Chris Higgins (Part 3)

She had a very long and intense cat-and-mouse sequence with Jason where she held her own pretty well; that basically is enough to seal the deal for me.  She also has that backstory memory which would make her the first Final Girl to actually meet Jason, 2 years prior to the weekend events which encapsulates Parts 2-4.  She's the only Final Girl to defeat human Jason (Parts 2-4).  She was the first person to bring a group of friends to Crystal Lake for strictly partying, none of this preparing for camp work stuff.

Chris+Higgins+01.jpg

• Like 3

As far as Final girls go. I wonder how Alice would actually fair, if she actually did go up against Jason cause yeah He killed her, but she never ever saw it coming. Shes famous for dispatching Mrs Voorhees. How do you guys think shed fair against Jason with at least some warning?

• Like 2

Ginny, followed by Alice. Just based on character.

They're both good-looking gals (and still are!), but I wouldn't necessarily put them at the top of the list there.

13946811_gal.png

Whenever I see these Friday girls showing... um, so much, it makes me think they're sort of "auditioning." I dunno. Either way, she still looks great!

Mine is Chris also. The prissiness, chase scene and fight is just so great you have to love her. I love the scene when Shelly first plays a trick and she comes storming in all serious and huffy.

As far as Final girls go. I wonder how Alice would actually fair, if she actually did go up against Jason cause yeah He killed her, but she never ever saw it coming. Shes famous for dispatching Mrs Voorhees. How do you guys think shed fair against Jason with at least some warning?

I always wondered why they killed her off so quickly....until IMDB came along. I think she would have been a great survivor, but I'm glad things happened the way they did(not in Adrienne King's real life, but the series). At the time it seemed it was almost expected that the hero/heroine reprise their role. Her opening death scene set the tone for Jason to come...long before the iconic hockey mask. The idea that somebody could be so brutal was only a fear in most people's minds and to actually see it was terrifying. Today this type of violence is everywhere, but back in the early eighties brutal violence, F-words, and nudity were all things that were censored from main stream entertainment. For any of the younger generation Friday the 13th fans who want to get an idea what it was like, check out "Siskel and Ebert's" review of the films from back in the day. Here is their review of "Friday the 13th The Final Chapter" http://youtu.be/c5bWkv0eV3M

Will Rollins from FREDDY Vs. JASON

freddy-vs-jason.jpg

Runner up would be Steven Freeman from Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.

johndlemay.jpg?w=676

Will Rollins from FREDDY Vs. JASON

freddy-vs-jason.jpg

Runner up would be Steven Freeman from Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.

johndlemay.jpg?w=676

I think Freddy vs. Jason would be the only time where I'd be okay with just the guy surviving. He was alright, but that girl really annoyed me!

I think Freddy vs. Jason would be the only time where I'd be okay with just the guy surviving. He was alright, but that girl really annoyed me!

ha ha ha.  I find all the final girls in the Friday movies annoy me.  

freddy-vs-jason-boobs.gif

i quite enjoyed her performance...

freddy-vs-jason-boobs.gif

i quite enjoyed her performance...

You enjoyed her boobs...not the her performance, otherwise you would have picked a different pic to show her.  It's okay though, were all human.  I do the same thing sometimes but with guys.  Then I wake up and the fantasy is over and I can really judge their acting skills.  It's amazing after you clear your head. ;)  (hidden joke there if any of you get it! )

i could say something similar about a post you made on this page too, but i dont wanna insult you like you insulted me.