Sign in to follow this  
Skufflz

Savini Jason Skin Codes.

Well I guess we will just have to watch our emails.  Hopefully the day before ?

33 minutes ago, Turtle said:

d25156ea9012f7e5d003c5fa27fe6253.png

Well- uh. Now I'm not so sure lol

My brain hurts. The devs aren't even on the same page. Different info everywhere.

• Like 2

OK, I think I've done enough of stirring the pot haha. As long as I get my code by the time the game has launched, I'll be happy :). If someone who bought the game that day plays before we receive our codes, we riot!!!!

• Like 2

Yeah it'd be nice if everybody got their shit straight and then disseminated the info. It doesn't take long to do. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Turtle said:

OK, I think I've done enough of stirring the pot haha. As long as I get my code and it works by the time the game has launched, I'll be happy :). If someone who bought the game that day plays before we receive our codes, we riot!!!!

Fixed it for you. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babalonkie said:

So what i can ascertain from the messages is...

Early May 26th 2017

Cat_matrix_deja_vu.gif

Terminator-Smile.gif

Yes! What we have learned is that we have learned nothing. We know that they know that we know that they know we would rather have the codes before launch to avoid any potential disasters. And we know that they know that we know that they know that we know that. But I'm not sure they know just how much we hope they know that we know that they know that we want a smooth launch. And they certainly know that. Right?

So what all that means is that with all our knowledge combined it has set us back three days. :blink:

• Like 2

Randy is the actual guy in charge of handling the codes, so he's the gospel here when it comes to this.

• Like 1

Here's the thing, codes should be sent out on launch day. That is the targeted release and when codes should be sent. The official answer is the 26th. Is there a chance this process could start a little earlier? Maybe, however to confirm that it will happen and then have it not happen, well then you would just feel lied to. Deception is not anyone's goal here. Officially you will receive your codes 05/26/17. That is the only answer that matters. If you manage to get a code early, even if unlikely put a check mark in the win column.

Not shooting any messengers here but:

If people who haven't backed this game since the beginning are able to fire up steam/Xbox marketplace/PS store and buy the game ASAP/early while we keep checking this forum wondering when "launch day" is for the biggest supporters....

Fuck us,right?

And because of the sudden backpedaling,I'd guess that Randy spoke about early codes without all the information aka he was on page 13 while someone else is on page 48,with another dev on page 125.

• Like 2

I watched the stream the other night when Randy said everyone would get their codes early so they could preload.  For some reason, I am thinking he said the day before ... but I could be mistaken. 

At any rate, my guess is that he is in charge of ensuring the keys are distributed.   He knows when he is going to do it - hence, why he said we would get them early. 

As far as the Twitter account goes, I'm also not surprised they are saying something different.  A rule of thumb when providing customer service ...

Over promise, under deliver = Zero ... under promise, over deliver = Hero. 

I'm sure we will get our codes early.   I am guessing the Twitter response is likely the official generic CYA response while Randy knows what is really up since he is probably in charge of the distribution. 

• Like 1

As an Xbox gamer who was not aware of this I really hope there is a way to buy this skin for a couple bucks. They should have put the game in the coming soon section with this as a pre order bonus.

11 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

As an Xbox gamer who was not aware of this I really hope there is a way to buy this skin for a couple bucks. They should have put the game in the coming soon section with this as a pre order bonus.

Nothing officially as this was a backer exclusive. And trying to buy or sell secondary market on the forums here will earn you a ban. You'll have to do that elsewhere. 

This was a bonus to those who wanted it. People had well over a year to order it. It's crummy that you missed out, but it is what it is. 

17 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

I'm an xbox gamer as well and i got the skin. It's been available for a year and a half. If you missed it, sorry but thats your loss. That was a skin exclusive to backers (as an additional purchase). If you want one your best chances are give aways or explore other markets (ebay).

EDIT: due to launch issues the game will not be in the coming soon section. That would  have added an additional month to the release time and lead to plenty of pissed off backers. Myself included.

18 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Couple of bucks? It'll be more like  $60-$70. 

21 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

If you would like more information, we go into specifics here:

2 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Couple of bucks? It'll be more like  $60-70. 

That seems more appropriate.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:14 PM, Babalonkie said:

Terminator-Smile.gif

I just used this in another post to come here and see it again. Strange coincidences.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Sorry chromeXskull but there is absolutely no way you'll be able to get the Savini Jason for a few dollars. Anyone who sells them (which is not condoned, as stated by Ben) certainly wouldn't let him go for a few dollars.

If you're familiar with a game called PU Battlegrounds, you can do a bit of Googling and find that there was a trench coat and other bits that came with a deluxe edition pre-order. That deluxe edition sold out quick, and now only about 3-4 weeks later the trench coat itself (not even the other bits included) sells for £145+, which is easily $185+. F13 isn't PU Battlegrounds, but I'm betting that if anyone's gonna sell the Tom Savini Jason then it's going to be expensive. Best option is win one in a giveaway. 

I'm also primarily an Xbox gamer, but I heard about F13 through E3 nearly a year ago. The Tom Savini Jason was available even before E3; it's unfortunate you missed it but it was always meant to be a 'thank you', exclusively designed for those of us who backed the game without even knowing if it would ever get completed. It would be seriously uncool if the developers offered it to everyone as a pre-order bonus.

• Like 1

I wasn't implying I want to buy it off of someone for a couple bucks I was saying it would be nice to have it as DLC at some point with the option to buy it for $5 or something. Like I said I had no idea about this skin until recently and that sucks for me I guess.

Just now, chromeXskull said:

I wasn't implying I want to buy it off of someone for a couple bucks I was saying it would be nice to have it as DLC at some point with the option to buy it for $5 or something. Like I said I had no idea about this skin until recently and that sucks for me I guess.

Afraid you're out of luck on that one. The clothing pack and Savini were a limited run and were incentive rewards first for Kickstarter and then for Backer Kit to help fund the game's development. They were up for a year and a half and even had a pretty steady countdown reminder to the end of purchase on their Twitter, YouTube and the site. And the devs have said that would be the last chance to buy one. At this point your only option is going to be the gray market, which isn't all that reliable and overly priced, or you can keep up with some of the streamers that bought extras to giveaway. CharminXSoft Gaming is one of the ones that did that.

Aside from that, I'm afraid you missed the boat.

There's a steam Savini Jason code just gone up on ebay. Be interesting to see the final price on it.

34 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

There's a steam Savini Jason code just gone up on ebay. Be interesting to see the final price on it.

well good to know codes are being sent out today.  Waiting on mine.  I wouldn't be surprised if it hit at least $50