So, I assume the basement area where Chuck got killed will not be accessible simply because it doesn't really add benefit to the game, but for hardcore fans of the movie, I'm sure most of us would like to see it accessible, so what if Jason cuts the power to Higgins and you have to find a fuse to bring the power back on which would require going to the basement and putting it in the fusebox?

They have already added a fuse to fix the phone, so it can't be that difficult to do. In this way Higgins is a huge place and has multiple ways to escape Jason, so you would definitely want to fix the power.

I'm not sure it would be that much different from the phone as far as Jason camping the spot, because he wouldn't want to wait out the clock for one person and especially if the cops have already been called.

Like I said it probably won't be in the game, but I'm watching part 3 right now and just had the idea and wanted to share it for opinions.

• Like 4

But power is cut outside of house currently if you put fuse box in basement than that would mean Jason is in the basement. Which means the power can stay off because I'm not going down there to fix it. I would like the basement in the game though. 

Honestly even if it served absolutely no purpose, I would still go down to the basement just for the thrills. I would be screaming my head off when you'd start seeing Jason's legs coming down the stairs haha.

I'll be satisfied with the second story of the barn though, but the basement would also be cool

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

But power is cut outside of house currently if you put fuse box in basement than that would mean Jason is in the basement. Which means the power can stay off because I'm not going down there to fix it. I would like the basement in the game though. 

Not neccesarily, if Jason cuts the power you obviously won't turn the power on right then and there, you would try to get away first and hope he chases you or gets on someone else's trail. The only time you would turn the power back on is if you thought you were safe. Again, there could be a lot of flaws with this, but just an idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Honestly even if it served absolutely no purpose, I would still go down to the basement just for the thrills. I would be screaming my head off when you'd start seeing Jason's legs coming down the stairs haha.

I'll be satisfied with the second story of the barn though, but the basement would also be cool

Yeah, definitely hoping for the second story of the barn.

In the movie it appeared that the basement only had one entrance/exit and was narrow enough that Chuck didn't have a hope of evading Jason. If the basement is added, they would need to make some changes to make it playable. They'd have to make it bigger with at least two ways to enter & exit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skynyrd said:

Yeah, definitely hoping for the second story of the barn.

Mmm, me too.

My concern is that the ladder climbing (for Jason, too) would've been too much of a hassle to do. My hope is that, given it's a big part of the Part III final battle, they'd find a way to do it. So I'm really hoping, here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Mmm, me too.

My concern is that the ladder climbing (for Jason, too) would've been too much of a hassle to do. My hope is that, given it's a big part of the Part III final battle, they'd find a way to do it. So I'm really hoping, here.

Honestly, I sort of don't expect it to be accessible, but I'm hoping.

I hope they add it but it has no play factor. As Voorhee's a jolly good fellow notes, it would need another exit if you had to go down there to fix things. If it was there just for accuracy and no other exit was added, I'd be fine with it. 

I dunno, same with gratuitous sex/drug use, I wouldn't want to run down into an enclosed space when I know Jason could trap me at any second... that would be friggin terrifying.

"Hey Tiffany, the fuse for the phone is downstairs in the basement!'

"...I'm out..."

I really hope the basement is there. It'd be a logical spawn for the gas/battery or the power, if they wanted to put a box down there. They could also add a hiding spot or two- if they're gonna have Hero locations like Higgins and Packanack, why not go all out :P? Packanack better have those stairs..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Packanack better have those stairs..

Can you imagine running out of stamina?

Also, a discarded wheelchair at the bottom would make a nice easter egg.

• Like 1

Even if its a set of stairs up to the top floor of the barn I'd be happy. Although perhaps if a Lazarus or Manhattan map is on the cards...ladder implementation can be a thing at some point?

As far as the basement stairs go I'd be happy if they widened them. I believe some said the steps onto the Part II ranch look wider than in the movie. Most probably a gameplay decision...again, I'm fine with. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone would mind if it was widened. I wouldn't even mind if maybe there was a chute exit, not sure if that needs a new animation or not. If they do widen it maybe you don't even need an extra exit, you just need to be good at juking.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:56 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In the movie it appeared that the basement only had one entrance/exit and was narrow enough that Chuck didn't have a hope of evading Jason. If the basement is added, they would need to make some changes to make it playable. They'd have to make it bigger with at least two ways to enter & exit.

Not necessarily, having one way in and out could really add tension. If the power goes out, you know Jason is down there, which gives you incentive to leave the area and go elsewhere. If Jason stays down there too long waiting, you run the risk of other escape methods being worked on. Its a gamble on both sides.

So its been a few moments, and you're still upstairs. Is he waiting in stalk down there? Did he leave, is it worth fixing it, or should I just go about hiding or going elsewhere?

Additionally, I really hope the 2nd floor of the Barn is open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Not necessarily, having one way in and out could really add tension. If the power goes out, you know Jason is down there, which gives you incentive to leave the area and go elsewhere. If Jason stays down there too long waiting, you run the risk of other escape methods being worked on. Its a gamble on both sides.

So its been a few moments, and you're still upstairs. Is he waiting in stalk down there? Did he leave, is it worth fixing it, or should I just go about hiding or going elsewhere?

This is exactly how I had it pictured playing out.

15 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

I don't think I've seen anyone repair the power before. Is there a point other than turning the lights back on? Does it increase composure? Because the only thing i really see it doing is letting Jason know you are there because the power is back on after he disabled it.

13 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I don't think I've seen anyone repair the power before. Is there a point other than turning the lights back on? Does it increase composure? Because the only thing i really see it doing is letting Jason know you are there because the power is back on after he disabled it.

All of the other lights in the game help composure, so I would think turning the power on would have the same effect. Not completely sure though.

There are several benefits to keeping the lights on.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:19 AM, Brigadius said:

Depending on the character I was playing, I would try to repair when possible. Lights = less fear, and you never know if you will have to hunker down in a camp ground or not, so best to keep them lit when possible. Also if the phone is in that camp ground/building, I think the power has to be on for it to work? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

Depending on the character I was playing, I would try to repair when possible. Lights = less fear, and you never know if you will have to hunker down in a camp ground or not, so best to keep them lit when possible. Also if the phone is in that camp ground/building, I think the power has to be on for it to work? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't say for sure. But in real life phones work when power is out. They receive power from the phone line itself I believe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Can't say for sure. But in real life phones work when power is out. They receive power from the phone line itself I believe.

In real life sure, I dont know about in game; I could swear I saw a stream where the person on the phone was cut off midway at the same time the power was cut to the lights.

Like I said, could be wrong...guess well find out in a couple days :)