What's the point of let all the windows closed?
I mean, jason can't pass through. If it is closed, it makes difficult to run from jason if you need to go through it...
Furthermore, Jason can break them being closed or opened.

Is there any advantage to leave windows closed? Or whenever i enter in the houses should I open all the windows to help with a future escape?

48 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

I mean, jason can't pass through. If it is closed, it makes difficult to run from jason if you need to go through it...

Is there any advantage to leave windows closed? Or whenever i enter in the houses should I open all the windows to help with a future escape?

I might be wrong but I think it's so you don't give away to Jason that you might be in there? So if he sees a noise blip up ahead and morphs there, he's going to know that the cabin with the window open is most probably where the counsellor is. If you close it behind you it's not going to be obvious to Jason which cabin you are in if he knows you are in that area. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, BertieB3 said:

I might be wrong but I think it's so you don't give away to Jason that you might be in there? So if he sees a noise blip up ahead and morphs there, he's going to know that the cabin with the window open is most probably where the counsellor is. If you close it behind you it's not going to be obvious to Jason which cabin you are in if he knows you are in that area. 

That's pretty much the only reason to leave a window open :) Or to possibly prevent throwing knives coming flying through, but I bet they'd just break the glass and still carry on their trajectory into the counsellors anyway.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

Maybe they dampen sound if closed, so you can talk without giving off blips. 

I say they should let him shift through open windows. There's a reason to keep them closed. but it's not a very popular idea.

The windows start closed, it makes sense logically. No one in the camp would KNOW a killer is coming. So why would the windows be open? None of those windows have bug nets on them, keep that shit closed! If a fly gets in my room i'm gonna kick somebodies ass...

From a game play perspective it provides a setup time to make houses secure. You have to open the windows and barricade the doors. It prevents survivors from automatically having a barricaded house without prep time or risk, you have to set that shit up in advance.

And from Jasons perspective it has the potential to harm campers who are unprepared and forced to dive through a window. It also acts as a barricade that injured survivors have to deal with to get to some semblance of safety. I was actually quite happy with the way cabins have to be set up to properly work as a Juke shack against Jason.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

The windows start closed, it makes sense logically. No one in the camp would KNOW a killer is coming. So why would the windows be open? None of those windows have bug nets on them, keep that shit closed! If a fly gets in my room i'm gonna kick somebodies ass...

From a game play perspective it provides a setup time to make houses secure. You have to open the windows and barricade the doors. It prevents survivors from automatically having a barricaded house without prep time or risk, you have to set that shit up in advance.

And from Jasons perspective it has the potential to harm campers who are unprepared and forced to dive through a window. It also acts as a barricade that injured survivors have to deal with to get to some semblance of safety. I was actually quite happy with the way cabins have to be set up to properly work as a Juke shack against Jason.

I think what he was saying was why is there an option to close it again once you've opened it rather than why do they start off shut instead of just constantly being open lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BertieB3 said:

I think what he was saying was why is there an option to close it again once you've opened it rather than why do they start off shut instead of just constantly being open lol

Sandbagging of course. How else do you kill someone for those sweet sweet car keys?

Plus those glorious times when you're bearing down on someone and, in their terror, they accidentally start opening and closing windows and doors from spamming the button.

Always comedy gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Sandbagging of course. How else do you kill someone for those sweet sweet car keys?

What the hell is sandbagging? Lol

Like, block them off.

Although I also like sandbagging being used to describe no-selling a joke or comment, heh.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BertieB3 said:

What the hell is sandbagging? Lol

based on the context i would say it's like seeing someone drowning and you toss them a sandbag instead of a life preserver.

• Like 2

A guy in a guide about fear says that open windows would maby increases the Fear for a little bit, but i dont know if its true.

Best response I can give after watching many hours of Beta footage:

1. If they're open, Jason knows someone is in the cabin or was since they all default as closed.

Other plausible reasons (especially based on post-beta changes)

2. Dampen noise for proximity chat.

3. Protect against thrown knives.

Beyond that, it would seem that "open" or "closed" is more a matter of preference and douchery to other players.

I always opened all the windows and locked/bolted the doors, used an open window to leave.  Or if he's chopping down a door I would go out the other way hoping he would continue chopping.  I tried to keep an eye out when in the one door cabins. If he smashed all the windows I would end up hurting myself trying to leave.  I admit to locking other counselors out.  They would be screaming let me in, as I never understood why they just didn't climb in through the open unbroken window? That was always the worst though, having Vanessa come clomping over when you're trying to hide and bringing Jason with her then running off for him to kill you.

As Jason I just would smash everything to be sure.  

I wonder if they are going to leave it like it was in beta where if he broke an open window it made it a closed broken window. Because that didn't make any sense. Also I hope the kill where he throws you through an open window and you just die is fixed. If he does that kill with the window open you should be able to get up and run away. 

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I wonder if they are going to leave it like it was in beta where if he broke an open window it made it a closed broken window. Because that didn't make any sense. Also I hope the kill where he throws you through an open window and you just die is fixed. If he does that kill with the window open you should be able to get up and run away. 

Closed broken window?  I always was able to go through if it was broken.  Hurt myself a bit but was always able to pass through it.  

3 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Closed broken window?  I always was able to go through if it was broken.  Hurt myself a bit but was always able to pass through it.  

Yeah, it's still passable but if you slide the window open and it's broken there shouldn't be any glass to hurt you because it was open already. The broken part is on the other side of the opening. 

3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Yeah, it's still passable but if you slide the window open and it's broken there shouldn't be any glass to hurt you because it was open already. The broken part is on the other side of the opening. 

Ahhh I see what you're saying now.  I'm sure they just decided that if Jason smashes it the whole thing is messed up. If they didn't have the whole window broken I would just see everyone opening all the windows and the smashing of them would become pointless. 

8 hours ago, Gdain said:

Ahhh I see what you're saying now.  I'm sure they just decided that if Jason smashes it the whole thing is messed up. If they didn't have the whole window broken I would just see everyone opening all the windows and the smashing of them would become pointless. 

what about the window environmental kill when the windows open?

3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

That one is a bit goofy but not sure how coding works for environment kills.  No clue on how long it would take to "fix" that.  Anyone out there know about this stuff lol?

i mean I guess they could just fix it where Jason slams your head down against the window instead of throwing you out it.  But I'm looking forward to throwing someone(or be thrown lol)out of the upper cabin levels windows. 

10 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

lets just pretend jason crushed their wind pipe before throwing them through the window.

7 minutes ago, EscoNitz said:

lets just pretend jason crushed their wind pipe before throwing them through the window.

Lol works for me

13 minutes ago, EscoNitz said:

I guess, would be funnier if he's like, "I got you, I got you, ahahahaha" and throws you through an open window and you promptly get up and run away. 

I'm just head cannon-ing it that, if the window is open, they're getting thrown across the shards as they go.
In reality it was probably easier doing that than doing the mo-cap and putting in an alternate kill.

Throwing a counselor out of an upper-level floor window is definitely on my Jason bucket list.

19 hours ago, BertieB3 said:

Exactly!

Summing up, we should let them close to avoid 1. Flying knives and 2. Muffle the sound from Jason (this rly works?  I mean knives dont pass through the glass? And Jason dont need to listen the campers he got the sense ability) 

Therefore, I think its better to let them opened...