Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What's the point of let all the windows closed?
I mean, jason can't pass through. If it is closed, it makes difficult to run from jason if you need to go through it...
Furthermore, Jason can break them being closed or opened.

Is there any advantage to leave windows closed? Or whenever i enter in the houses should I open all the windows to help with a future escape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

What's the point of let all the windows closed?
I mean, jason can't pass through. If it is closed, it makes difficult to run from jason if you need to go through it...
Furthermore, Jason can break them being closed or opened.

Is there any advantage to leave windows closed? Or whenever i enter in the houses should I open all the windows to help with a future escape?

I might be wrong but I think it's so you don't give away to Jason that you might be in there? So if he sees a noise blip up ahead and morphs there, he's going to know that the cabin with the window open is most probably where the counsellor is. If you close it behind you it's not going to be obvious to Jason which cabin you are in if he knows you are in that area. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BertieB3 said:

I might be wrong but I think it's so you don't give away to Jason that you might be in there? So if he sees a noise blip up ahead and morphs there, he's going to know that the cabin with the window open is most probably where the counsellor is. If you close it behind you it's not going to be obvious to Jason which cabin you are in if he knows you are in that area. 

That's pretty much the only reason to leave a window open :) Or to possibly prevent throwing knives coming flying through, but I bet they'd just break the glass and still carry on their trajectory into the counsellors anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

What's the point of let all the windows closed?
I mean, jason can't pass through. If it is closed, it makes difficult to run from jason if you need to go through it...
Furthermore, Jason can break them being closed or opened.

Is there any advantage to leave windows closed? Or whenever i enter in the houses should I open all the windows to help with a future escape?

Maybe they dampen sound if closed, so you can talk without giving off blips. 

I say they should let him shift through open windows. There's a reason to keep them closed. but it's not a very popular idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The windows start closed, it makes sense logically. No one in the camp would KNOW a killer is coming. So why would the windows be open? None of those windows have bug nets on them, keep that shit closed! If a fly gets in my room i'm gonna kick somebodies ass...

From a game play perspective it provides a setup time to make houses secure. You have to open the windows and barricade the doors. It prevents survivors from automatically having a barricaded house without prep time or risk, you have to set that shit up in advance.

And from Jasons perspective it has the potential to harm campers who are unprepared and forced to dive through a window. It also acts as a barricade that injured survivors have to deal with to get to some semblance of safety. I was actually quite happy with the way cabins have to be set up to properly work as a Juke shack against Jason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

The windows start closed, it makes sense logically. No one in the camp would KNOW a killer is coming. So why would the windows be open? None of those windows have bug nets on them, keep that shit closed! If a fly gets in my room i'm gonna kick somebodies ass...

From a game play perspective it provides a setup time to make houses secure. You have to open the windows and barricade the doors. It prevents survivors from automatically having a barricaded house without prep time or risk, you have to set that shit up in advance.

And from Jasons perspective it has the potential to harm campers who are unprepared and forced to dive through a window. It also acts as a barricade that injured survivors have to deal with to get to some semblance of safety. I was actually quite happy with the way cabins have to be set up to properly work as a Juke shack against Jason.

I think what he was saying was why is there an option to close it again once you've opened it rather than why do they start off shut instead of just constantly being open lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BertieB3 said:

I think what he was saying was why is there an option to close it again once you've opened it rather than why do they start off shut instead of just constantly being open lol

Sandbagging of course. How else do you kill someone for those sweet sweet car keys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus those glorious times when you're bearing down on someone and, in their terror, they accidentally start opening and closing windows and doors from spamming the button.

Always comedy gold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Sandbagging of course. How else do you kill someone for those sweet sweet car keys?

What the hell is sandbagging? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like, block them off.

Although I also like sandbagging being used to describe no-selling a joke or comment, heh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BertieB3 said:

What the hell is sandbagging? Lol

based on the context i would say it's like seeing someone drowning and you toss them a sandbag instead of a life preserver.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A guy in a guide about fear says that open windows would maby increases the Fear for a little bit, but i dont know if its true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best response I can give after watching many hours of Beta footage:

1. If they're open, Jason knows someone is in the cabin or was since they all default as closed.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Other plausible reasons (especially based on post-beta changes)

2. Dampen noise for proximity chat.

3. Protect against thrown knives.

 

Beyond that, it would seem that "open" or "closed" is more a matter of preference and douchery to other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always opened all the windows and locked/bolted the doors, used an open window to leave.  Or if he's chopping down a door I would go out the other way hoping he would continue chopping.  I tried to keep an eye out when in the one door cabins. If he smashed all the windows I would end up hurting myself trying to leave.  I admit to locking other counselors out.  They would be screaming let me in, as I never understood why they just didn't climb in through the open unbroken window? That was always the worst though, having Vanessa come clomping over when you're trying to hide and bringing Jason with her then running off for him to kill you.

As Jason I just would smash everything to be sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they are going to leave it like it was in beta where if he broke an open window it made it a closed broken window. Because that didn't make any sense. Also I hope the kill where he throws you through an open window and you just die is fixed. If he does that kill with the window open you should be able to get up and run away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I wonder if they are going to leave it like it was in beta where if he broke an open window it made it a closed broken window. Because that didn't make any sense. Also I hope the kill where he throws you through an open window and you just die is fixed. If he does that kill with the window open you should be able to get up and run away. 

Closed broken window?  I always was able to go through if it was broken.  Hurt myself a bit but was always able to pass through it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Closed broken window?  I always was able to go through if it was broken.  Hurt myself a bit but was always able to pass through it.  

Yeah, it's still passable but if you slide the window open and it's broken there shouldn't be any glass to hurt you because it was open already. The broken part is on the other side of the opening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Yeah, it's still passable but if you slide the window open and it's broken there shouldn't be any glass to hurt you because it was open already. The broken part is on the other side of the opening. 

Ahhh I see what you're saying now.  I'm sure they just decided that if Jason smashes it the whole thing is messed up. If they didn't have the whole window broken I would just see everyone opening all the windows and the smashing of them would become pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gdain said:

Ahhh I see what you're saying now.  I'm sure they just decided that if Jason smashes it the whole thing is messed up. If they didn't have the whole window broken I would just see everyone opening all the windows and the smashing of them would become pointless. 

what about the window environmental kill when the windows open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

what about the window environmental kill when the windows open?

That one is a bit goofy but not sure how coding works for environment kills.  No clue on how long it would take to "fix" that.  Anyone out there know about this stuff lol?

i mean I guess they could just fix it where Jason slams your head down against the window instead of throwing you out it.  But I'm looking forward to throwing someone(or be thrown lol)out of the upper cabin levels windows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

what about the window environmental kill when the windows open?

lets just pretend jason crushed their wind pipe before throwing them through the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EscoNitz said:

lets just pretend jason crushed their wind pipe before throwing them through the window.

Lol works for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EscoNitz said:

lets just pretend jason crushed their wind pipe before throwing them through the window.

I guess, would be funnier if he's like, "I got you, I got you, ahahahaha" and throws you through an open window and you promptly get up and run away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just head cannon-ing it that, if the window is open, they're getting thrown across the shards as they go.
In reality it was probably easier doing that than doing the mo-cap and putting in an alternate kill.

Throwing a counselor out of an upper-level floor window is definitely on my Jason bucket list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BertieB3 said:

I think what he was saying was why is there an option to close it again once you've opened it rather than why do they start off shut instead of just constantly being open lol

Exactly!

Summing up, we should let them close to avoid 1. Flying knives and 2. Muffle the sound from Jason (this rly works?  I mean knives dont pass through the glass? And Jason dont need to listen the campers he got the sense ability) 

Therefore, I think its better to let them opened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...