Darrin Howard

Crystal Lake Diner, bar, hometown grocery store.

Will there be Hometown diner,bar,grocery store like in Friday the 13th part 1,2,3 part 3 starts out at a small town grocery store .Im told by the old timers in real life every small village had their own small towne grocery store and bakery in the 1970s and 80s.Will the diners,grocery store s be in the game.

• Like 1

The game is set on the campground. All of that is in town.

Your right i was just thinking of different stories that could happen.The grocery store may be kind of silly.I was thinking of story scenarios.Like the game Skyrim and Rage.

Yeah. Not saying they won't be in the game, just it doesn't look like it to me.

Your right i was just thinking of different stories that could happen.The grocery store may be kind of silly.I was thinking of story scenarios.Like the game Skyrim and Rage.

As far as I know it is going to be more like a PvP type map . Bigger then say Call of Duty maps , but nothing like the size of Skyrim . I believe there will be no loading screens as well , so that tells you about how big and complex the area can be . Which on Unreal 4 engine is still quite considerable . I believe the map on the computer screen is just a part of the main map , but they have been using the map on the upper left when they show anything , so far . Of course until it is done and we see it , we won't know for sure . Hope this helps.

If6BUWt.jpg

So there will be Highins Haven including barn etc? Jarvis's and Shepherd's?

I think the different map layouts are each part of a larger total map.
each would be the size of a medium or big Battlefield map and together they form the full scale lake.
like each map is a different camp around the full sized like.

i made a mock up to further show how i think it could be set up to have different maps / camps around just one lake.

aTBmGQL.jpg

just an idea of course of how it could be.

• Like 1

OR to be closer to where Camp Crystal Lake is supposed to be located (Sussex County, New Jersey)
This is one of the local lakes sliced into 8 pieces which all could work as single maps for the game, combined making up the entirety of the lake and surroundings, which different settings:

iisaOiz.jpg

(just a few of them)
Top Left: Swampy on the lake coast and forest
Top Right: More houses, bigger camp
Bottom Left: big landmass, open fields and scattered farms
Bottom second from left: Landmass into the river, creating kind of a choke point on the map, some fields.
Bottom third from right: less land, structured camp layout, Island
Bottom last on the right: sandy shore part, more luxurious high society camp grounds

again... just an idea for examples of how to use just one big location, divided into different maps with different feeling locations all suited for different play styles too

This is my take on it . The fly by video doesn't show a number of places on the map . I would advise subscribing to Gun Media on youtube , they have a ton of videos that answer a long list of questions and instead of reading you get to listen to them or see them .

EBe3GF1.png

i know all the videos and THAT video doesnt show a map at all. it shows small locations that can appear on a map probably.

with the mentioned "randomized" element of the game, the map will look at least slightly different each time to start a round. roads / paths are different, cabins are in different places, some locations dont show up this specific round when they were there in the last round.
but it would still be cool to have at least a few different "basic structures" (one with more water and an island, one with fields, one with more buildings, etc) of a map. and each of those basic structures takes its locations from a big pool of places that are scattered throught the map that is selected.

for example you have

Base Map 1
Base Map 2
Base Map 3
Location 1

Location 2
Location 3
Location 4
Location 5
Location 6

Round 1 is: BM 1 + L1 + L2 + L3
Round 2 is: BM 2 + L4 + L5 + L6
Round 3 is: BM 3 + L1 + L3 + L5
Round 4 is: BM 1 + L2 + L4 + L6
and so on.... aka..... exatly: RANDOMIZED

Thank you all for showing the maps.I think your right this game may not be that big.But im sure it could get the funds to put the bar and one of the diners that are close crystal lake wooded area.

i know all the videos and THAT video doesnt show a map at all. it shows small locations that can appear on a map probably.

with the mentioned "randomized" element of the game, the map will look at least slightly different each time to start a round. roads / paths are different, cabins are in different places, some locations dont show up this specific round when they were there in the last round.

but it would still be cool to have at least a few different "basic structures" (one with more water and an island, one with fields, one with more buildings, etc) of a map. and each of those basic structures takes its locations from a big pool of places that are scattered throught the map that is selected.

for example you have

Base Map 1

Base Map 2

Base Map 3

Location 1

Location 2

Location 3

Location 4

Location 5

Location 6

Round 1 is: BM 1 + L1 + L2 + L3

Round 2 is: BM 2 + L4 + L5 + L6

Round 3 is: BM 3 + L1 + L3 + L5

Round 4 is: BM 1 + L2 + L4 + L6

and so on.... aka..... exatly: RANDOMIZED

If other maps are Stretch Goals , why do you think there will be more then 1 map ? Have they said there will be ?

further example:
in the promo picture you used:

EBe3GF1.png

you have 9 Locations on 1 Map.

lets say this Map has the total of 9 Spots for locations:

here these locations are Graveyard, Tunnel, Sign Post, Main Lodge, South Cabins, North Cabins, Boat Dock, Archery Range, Campfire Circe, Graveyard.
seemingly those are fixed but what i those were random every time.
maybe the Campfire Circle is where the South Cabins are, the North Cabins are where the Boat Dock is, The Main Lodge is where the Campfire was, The South Cabins are where the Main Lodge was.
The Graveyard and the Sign Post are something completely different and the Tunnel is the Boat Dock (after all there is a river leading to the lake....)

So instead of just these 9 Locations in the picture you have..... lets say 25.
then you have for this map alone a MASSIVE number of possible set ups.
someone should do the math on this haha. 
and when you consider my previous idea of more maps, each with a different number of spots for locations (maybe a smaller map has only 6 locations, maybe a bigger one has 12 or 15).
The amount of Variations of scenery become MASSIVE.

Here's an idea: they include the stores as the place you buy cosmetic skins and upgrades for your counselors. Would be much cooler than just having a plain old menu and add more to the game's faithfulness to the series.

further example:

in the promo picture you used:

EBe3GF1.png

you have 9 Locations on 1 Map.

lets say this Map has the total of 9 Spots for locations:

here these locations are Graveyard, Tunnel, Sign Post, Main Lodge, South Cabins, North Cabins, Boat Dock, Archery Range, Campfire Circe, Graveyard.

seemingly those are fixed but what i those were random every time.

maybe the Campfire Circle is where the South Cabins are, the North Cabins are where the Boat Dock is, The Main Lodge is where the Campfire was, The South Cabins are where the Main Lodge was.

The Graveyard and the Sign Post are something completely different and the Tunnel is the Boat Dock (after all there is a river leading to the lake....)

So instead of just these 9 Locations in the picture you have..... lets say 25.

then you have for this map alone a MASSIVE number of possible set ups.

someone should do the math on this haha. 

and when you consider my previous idea of more maps, each with a different number of spots for locations (maybe a smaller map has only 6 locations, maybe a bigger one has 12 or 15).

The amount of Variations of scenery become MASSIVE.

I understand how it would work , but no one has said 25 locations , or 9 locations . That is why I said " my take " ... or what I think . Now random , yes we agree on that , but seriously random could also mean only 4 of those 9 locations are randomly placed , alternating only from where they were to where the others are  . I am just looking at it from a less point of view . Your view I would much rather have of course , but getting my hopes up could leave me feeling burned . Happy New Year by the way . :)

just to make it clear: i'd be happy with this game even if it was always the same map with always the same locations. everyone normal would hate it probably due to lack of content, i would still love it because i can kill kids as Jason or try to survive the night from him.

they could release it with only that and i would be playing the heck out of it :)

EDIT: Nidhogg is a great example for this. it features minimal gameplay and MAXIMUM fun. you have just a handful of room variations: one with doors, one with conveyor belt floors, one with 2 different levels and grass that makes the enemy hard to see, one with breaking floor tiles.
then the movement is minimal too. Run, Jump, Duck. 
Fighting is minimal too. you can only Stab in three different heights: lower torso, chest, head and you can throw your sword.

if you lost your sword you can punch.

THATS ALL.

and the game is fucking amazing and always a ton of fun!

• Like 1

I was thinking of story scenarios Like what one of the women decide to go to the store and their car breaks down,then they spot a green jeep and try to get help but its miss Voorhees in the jeep .

If the game gets funded well maybe we can ask for another map.But i do know that one of the diners and bar was located in crystal lake wooded area in the movies

the game IS funded. everything pledged on the slasher backer now is EXTRA to get more stuff done and into the game.

• Like 2

Many of us hope the single player stretch goal can be met. At $840,675.45 we are currently over halfway from the required amount, $1,625,000.

• Like 1

we most definitly get additional maps before we get singleplayer.

best you can hope for is the addition of BOTS you can play on your own. but a full fledged singleplayer is something very expensive and time / manpower consuming AND is also even harder to get right with a rather simple franchise like F13 but that has been extensively discussed here on the forum already

we most definitly get additional maps before we get singleplayer.

best you can hope for is the addition of BOTS you can play on your own. but a full fledged singleplayer is something very expensive and time / manpower consuming AND is also even harder to get right with a rather simple franchise like F13 but that has been extensively discussed here on the forum already

Exactly, The single player modes that can be obtained through the slasher backer is a bots mode and a challenge mode. There will not be a campaign with a story included. The vision is a 7v1 multi-player game. They will not be straying top far away from that idea.