Sign in to follow this  
Zombie79

Hello all you Friday Fans!

Hi to all you fans out there who are as excited for the game as I am! I've been a Friday fan for as long as I've lived and, unlike most, I loved the 80's Friday game (don't judge me - I was a kid and desperate for more Jason action)! 

I only wish I had gotten involved with the whole campaign and pre-Order sooner. I had no idea what cool stuff they were offering, so I missed out on all the perks and the pre-order stuff, and it just kills me.  What a bad fan I am! But I will still be waiting with baited breath for the premiere of the game and I am willing to spend whatever money it takes to get all of the DLC!  The game just looks so amazing! 

As far as my favorite Friday films go, I'm really partial to the first four because of that awesome 80s feel that couldn't be replicated in later sequels. I just loved the grittiness of them. Then again, I love Jason Lives for being so clever, and while the later entries weren't as great as they could've been because the MPAA, Kane Hodder is king. Who am I kidding? I love all of them!

Is there anyone other than me that really hopes that the Kickstarter goal of a remade 80s Friday the 13th game will be realized? That would be too cool!

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you weren't around for the Kickstarter and Slasher Backer...you're not a bad fan at all! :) Hope you have a good time here and with the game itself.

I think the idea for a remake of the 1989 LJN game got nixed because it was just this awesome spaghetti jumble of licensing issues. But if ever there was a chance, I agree, it'd be fun to have the devs do something! Heck, even an LJN Jason skin for this game would be entertaining.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

22 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you weren't around for the Kickstarter and Slasher Backer...you're not a bad fan at all! :) Hope you have a good time here and with the game itself.

I think the idea for a remake of the 1989 LJN game got nixed because it was just this awesome spaghetti jumble of licensing issues. But if ever there was a chance, I agree, it'd be fun to have the devs do something! Heck, even an LJN Jason skin for this game would be entertaining.

DamonD7 - Thanks for the response, and I'm sure you're right! I remember reading that LJN got wrapped into so many different companies that it basically doesn't exist any more, and so finding the rights chain (and working out what is probably a dead license with New Line) is just the beginning of the potential legal issues. A guy can dream though! :)

I know no matter what I'm going to love the game - I can't believe we're so close (and yet so far away)! I feel totally over-indulgent but I'm actually buying an Xbox One (I've never even PLAYED an Xbox, lol) for the sole purpose of playing the game. I've really got to figure out what other games are cool for the system... I heard "Alien Isolation" was pretty good. I'm honestly more of a Nintendo person. 

Even if I don't end up with Savini Jason ever (I doubt it, but ya never know), I can't wait for all the future DLC including new Jasons! It's going to be great!!

OK.. I'm rambling. heh.

23 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Hope in into the discussions we enjoy new blood ;)

I absolutely will!  ?