Sign in to follow this  
GraveKeeper

Favorite Friday the 13th/Jason Movie

What is your favorite Friday the 13th/Jason movie and why? Now I put jason movie because I'm not sure I can consider Jason Goes to Hell (even though they call it the final friday) part of the series, not franchise. Then there is Jason X, and freddy vs jason. All choices are valid even the original with pamela vorhees. Which movie is your favorite and why? I'm just curious and having fun hearing everyone's opinions, Also the Reboot is also valid. So shall I start?

Friday The 13th - Part 7: The New Blood. Why? Well the clincher for me has always been Jason's appearance which is undead Jason at it's best (also most powerful) and Kane Hodder's portrayal...his movement and posture seem to convey a presence for Jason I didn't see before.

Honestly though, if Hodder had been behind the Mask in Part 6 that one probably would win...ah if only.

1 hour ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

Part 6. It was the first Friday I saw and I loved it.

Not the first one I saw but it's probably my favorite. Funny to say that since Kane Hodder is my favorite portrayal of Jason.

Jason Lives.  Jason finally having a rival in Tommy was pretty cool.  Much like having Dr. Loomis helped Michael and the Halloween movies.  

Probably Jason Lives. It was the first one I saw, back around '91, and remains the one I like the most.

Although I rate Part II really highly as well. It does a lot to properly set up the Jason and slasher tropes of the series, has several characters I like and Ginny is great.

After that...Part III. It has its flaws, but the last fifteen minutes of so of the Chris-Jason showdown is fantastic and really elevates the whole thing.

Jason X -- because it is so much *FUN*. It's over-the-top and silly, but it still has the F13 vibe and pays homage to the series in numerous ways. (Kane Hodder still plays the best Jason behavior, the great holographic Crystal Lake scene, the machete callbacks, the sequel-bait neo-Crystal-Lake ending). It basically fuses the plot of Scott's Alien and Cameron's Aliens, then replaces the xenomorphs with Jason.

Now that I think of it, I kind of wonder what the earlier films would have been like if Hodder had been Jason back then.

I can't pick a favorite, depends on my mood. My most watched are Parts 3 and 6. Unpopular opinion, but I honestly don't see the big deal with Hodder other than he played Jason the most(in my least watched films of the franchise) and he's...big. I do prefer living Jason to undead Jason and thought Brooker played the best living incarnation. Jason was demented in 3 and he did it well, in a way I don't think Hodder could have pulled off due to his physique.

Brooker is my favourite of the living Jasons as well. Though Kane's my favourite undead version.