13 hours ago, Skynyrd said:

They don't have the rights to those Jason's, so they won't be in the game.

I was wandering what rights would be involved for NES jason? I know that new line has the rights to jason voorhees toys and thats how we got the NECA figure from that game. But the game its self used to be owned by an activision? owned studio? I'm sure they had to have Paramounts permission to do that game. So who would it be that stops them from using NES jason's likeness in this game? TY if anyone knows.

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I was wandering what rights would be involved for NES jason? I know that new line has the rights to jason voorhees toys and thats how we got the NECA figure from that game. But the game its self used to be owned by an activision? owned studio? I'm sure they had to have Paramounts permission to do that game. So who would it be that stops them from using NES jason's likeness in this game? TY if anyone knows.

No idea, but I do know that they've said that the papers and documents of the rights are probably locked away somewhere and more than likely lost.

8 hours ago, Skynyrd said:

No idea, but I do know that they've said that the papers and documents of the rights are probably locked away somewhere and more than likely lost.

If I remember right, Wes said in that podcast from a week or so ago that the remake Jason is pretty much a definite no. He said they've been looking into NES and Freddy vs. Jason with the latter being something that may be possible depending on the game's success. None of these are exact quotes and taken from my pretty shitty memory though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

If I remember right, Wes said in that podcast from a week or so ago that the remake Jason is pretty much a definite no. He said they've been looking into NES and Freddy vs. Jason with the latter being something that may be possible depending on the game's success. None of these are exact quotes and taken from my pretty shitty memory though.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the NES version.

38 minutes ago, TwiZtedHate said:

I rather have Jason X, then FVJ Jason he looked dumb in that film. 

I want any and all available Jasons, including Roy. I would happily take the remake and FvJ ones too.

The more, the betterer.

• Like 2

I have to be honest. I hate the look of FvJ to the point that I really hope he isn't involved. Outside of that, I'm open to anything. 

• Like 2

FvsJ. Jason X pre-Uber, and NES Jason are the only ones I'd want added at this point.

I really want Final Chapter Jason !  His Facial Features are so much different from part 3 plus he was the last of the human J's

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 7:54 AM, Risinggrave said:

I have to be honest. I hate the look of FvJ to the point that I really hope he isn't involved. Outside of that, I'm open to anything. 

Same.

I'll be honest I despise the direction Jason's look took in Freddy vs. Jason that for some reason bled over into the remake. Jason never wore sweaters and overcoats before.

250?cb=20150705213711

I don't see why Platinum Dunes took this look for the remake rather than the button-up work shirts and pants from most of the other films or why anytime he appears in a video game like Mortal Kombat he has that dumb coat on. I hate it.

As for any future skins I'd say hands down Jason X has a unique, but not dumb look in his normal appearance. Uber J works as well. After that we gotta get Final Chapter in this.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:51 PM, Jason Lives said:

I'll be honest I despise the direction Jason's look took in Freddy vs. Jason that for some reason bled over into the remake. Jason never wore sweaters and overcoats before.

I don't see why Platinum Dunes took this look for the remake rather than the button-up work shirts and pants from most of the other films or why anytime he appears in a video game like Mortal Kombat he has that dumb coat on. I hate it.

As for any future skins I'd say hands down Jason X has a unique, but not dumb look in his normal appearance. Uber J works as well. After that we gotta get Final Chapter in this.

Personally I like Jason in a tattered coat. Its frankly the way I see him in my head when I think Jason.

http://crike99.deviantart.com/art/VOORHEES-167996298

http://tpollockjr.deviantart.com/art/Jason-Voorhees-113164697

I don't see why wearing a coat instead of a buttoned shirt is that big a deal considering he use to wear overalls and a sack before that. I mean its not as big a jump as becoming a cyborg or a demon fetus.

27 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Personally I like Jason in a tattered coat. Its frankly the way I see him in my head when I think Jason.

I don't see why wearing a coat instead of a buttoned shirt is that big a deal considering he use to wear overalls and a sack before that. I mean its not as big a jump as becoming a cyborg or a demon fetus.

My only issue with the coat is it makes him look generic, he doesn't stand out the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

My only issue with the coat is it makes him look generic, he doesn't stand out the same.

Stand out from what exactly? Other horror villains or just general design?

Regardless, In the case of MKX I would agree to him looking generic. The coat and the rest of his clothes are too clean to me in that game. I prefer his clothing to be more tattered and ruined looking to give him this sorta homeless zombie woodsman feel (like hes been like this for a long time).

latest?cb=20131109081132

For instance I really like how Terrordrome did it, because not not only did they get the zombie woodsman feel but his clothes also look like they took water damaged from being in the lake. By comparison the green shirt doesn't have as much personalty to me, it feels too normal.

1 minute ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Stand out from what exactly? Other horror villains or just general design?

Regardless, In the case of MKX I would agree to him looking generic. The coat and the rest of his clothes are too clean to me in that game. I prefer his clothing to be more tattered and ruined looking to give him this sorta homeless zombie woodsman feel (like hes been like this for a long time).

latest?cb=20131109081132

For instance I really like how Terrordrome did it, because not not only did they get the zombie woodsman feel but his clothes also look like they took water damaged from being in the lake. By comparison the green shirt doesn't have as much personalty to me, it feels too normal.

I'd say just in general. If you cover his face with a thumb he looks like a Vietnam veteran more than a woodsman. 

I guess I take issue with him wearing a coat when he's undead- kind of pointless. I know he has one in the remake, when he's not undead, but again- he's wearing a coat in summer. It serves no purpose and just cheapens the appearance of the character for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I'd say just in general. If you cover his face with a thumb he looks like a Vietnam veteran more than a woodsman. 

I guess I take issue with him wearing a coat when he's undead- kind of pointless. I know he has one in the remake, when he's not undead, but again- he's wearing a coat in summer. It serves no purpose and just cheapens the appearance of the character for me.

I never really thought about his clothes from a practical point of view since in this case I'm talking about a zombie who just never changes clothes. Once hes undead I don't think Jason cares what he wears anymore (except for his face). 

*shrug* Guess I just like the style of the coat more.

20 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

well he is a cold blooded killer

• Like 2

Yea, I stand with bewareofbears on this one. The more the merrier. I would have suggested a Create-A-Jason, but I would cringe at all the noncanon Jason's that people would make. But it does lead me on to possible ways of getting around copyright. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

well he is a cold blooded killer

Took me a moment to see what you did there.    : P

6 hours ago, iFruit 9iX said:

Yea, I stand with bewareofbears on this one. The more the merrier. I would have suggested a Create-A-Jason, but I would cringe at all the noncanon Jason's that people would make. But it does lead me on to possible ways of getting around copyright. :rolleyes:

I'd love create-a-Jason but the playerbase would make a joke of it and it would ruin the game for me. :(

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 0:08 AM, JasonVsWindows said:

I respect everyone's personal opinion so I'd never say you were wrong, but I'm not sure why that's the look that makes you think of Jason when he never wore it in any solo Jason film in the original series. Ronny Yu wanted to make Jason look more sympathetic, so that's exactly what he did for Jason in Freddy vs. Jason. He made him out to look like a downtrodden homeless man with soulful eyes. I mean it's not so much the jacket I have issue with, as I kinda liked the jacket itself in the remake more than the one he had in FVJ, my bigger problem is the tattered sweater or dirty tee he wears under it. Give me a Jason with his classic buttoned up work shirt with a decent looking jacket over and maybe we can talk. He sort had that look in Jason X with a ripped orange prison jacket over his normal work shirt.

sackhead_fridaythe13th.jpg

I would even take the plaid shirt and overalls again over the sweaters and dirty tees. It just doesn't sit right with me. And you have to remember he only wore the plaid and overalls for one film. He first donned the classic work shirt and pants in the same film he donned the iconic hockey mask for the first time. It's like it was the look he was meant to have and he stuck with that combo for 7 more films and over 20 years.

I'm probably just a picky guy, but you can make changes to it a lot even, don't mess with the general idea of the look.

226924_full.jpg

That's my Jason.

47 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

I respect everyone's personal opinion so I'd never say you were wrong, but I'm not sure why that's the look that makes you think of Jason when he never wore it in any solo Jason film in the original series. 

It's simple really Freddy Vs Jason was my gateway into horror movies so it was how I first experienced the character. And outside the moives I kept seeing this look for him like in the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics, or the mini Funok figure of Jason I have (same set as my avatar), and if you type Jason Voorhees into the search bar on Deviant Art a majority of the images have a coat (link)

In the end it the its just the one I got more exposure to and the kind of design I personally like more.

I think of this

Image result for family guy jason voorhees

Over this

Image result for family guy jason voorhees

Don't get the wrong idea I'm not bashing his old duds or anything, its just my own history and taste with the character.

• Like 1