So i am wondering if there arr gonna any cheats where you dont need to find the keys or fix anything you can just get in thr car and go or a counselor  has invincibility  tons of games have them

1 minute ago, anthonymorales said:

So i am wondering if there arr gonna any cheats where you dont need to find the keys or fix anything you can just get in thr car and go or a counselor  has invincibility  tons of games have them

You're right. Tons of games do have them. But not this one and there shouldn't be any. Ever. Maybe you'll find yourself in a hacked lobby once or twice but with dedicated servers don't hold your breath.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You're right. Tons of games do have them. But not this one and there shouldn't be any. Ever. 

Agreed, should not have any. Would defeat the purpose and fun of this game

I'm more concerned about "hacking" on PC. Cheats that only could allow you to have all items, but see through walls, a "highlight Jason" hack, etc...

PC games are unfortunately prone to 3rd party cheats. Fighting them can be a challenge, and devs have to be proactive about it. Otherwise the experience for other players can be ruined really fast.

This is why I spent the extra money and bought a copy for Xbox One as well. So if the PC version is infested with cheaters, I can still enjoy a clean experience on a console. That, and who knows which platform will have the most players...consoles will likely sell more than PC.

9 minutes ago, anthonymorales said:

Its bound to have them sooner or later

Are you talking about single player or multiplayer?

The way you describe in your OP is typically from single player games - and that would completely defeat the purpose of playing a game like this.

There's a strong possibility of PC hacking - but the "cheats" wouldn't work as your described, either. It'd be like I said in my first post of this thread: Wallhacks, "always see counselors", "always see Jason", damage modifiers, aimbots...You don't typically see "have all items" or invincibility cheats in multiplayer games.

So no, it's not bound to have them sooner or later. At least not as you're describing.

28 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Cheat codes?

In a multiplayer online game?

Not for the online portion i am talking about single player  mode

25 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Are you talking about single player or multiplayer?

The way you describe in your OP is typically from single player games - and that would completely defeat the purpose of playing a game like this.

There's a strong possibility of PC hacking - but the "cheats" wouldn't work as your described, either. It'd be like I said in my first post of this thread: Wallhacks, "always see counselors", "always see Jason", damage modifiers, aimbots...You don't typically see "have all items" or invincibility cheats in multiplayer games.

So no, it's not bound to have them sooner or later. At least not as you're describing.

I meant to single  player mode

29 minutes ago, anthonymorales said:

Not for the online portion i am talking about single player  mode

You don't need cheats for Jason Voorhees. He is OP enough.

Which is a good thing.

I never understood the point of cheats. What is the point of playing a game about strategy (Single player or Multiplayer) if you're just going to remove the strategy?

I hate to say it, but the Single Player portion of this is probably gonna be nothing more than MP with bad bots as counselors.

I guess that could be appealing if you're really bad online and want to be able to enjoy the game in some way...But this is just a way to appease all the people who are demanding a single player mode. I don't know why devs feel the need to pander to that. Nothing wrong with a MP only game. Just do what you do - and do it well.

People are gonna be sorely disappointed (and that's fine). I think a lot of people are under the impression that there's gonna be this Survival / Horror Campaign like an Outlast or Resident Evil. Granted, that would be extremely cool, it's just not what this game is doing. I don't think people realize the SP is YOU playing as Jason right now.

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I hate to say it, but the Single Player portion of this is probably gonna be nothing more than MP with bad bots as counselors.

I guess that could be appealing if you're really bad online and want to be able to enjoy the game in some way...But this is just a way to appease all the people who are demanding a single player mode. I don't know why devs feel the need to pander to that. Nothing wrong with a MP only game. Just do what you do - and do it well.

People are gonna be sorely disappointed (and that's fine). I think a lot of people are under the impression that there's gonna be this Survival / Horror Campaign like an Outlast or Resident Evil. Granted, that would be extremely cool, it's just not what this game is doing. I don't think people realize the SP is YOU playing as Jason right now.

Hmm... I was under the impression that the Single Player was going to be slightly more than that. Mainly because I don't think bots would require such a large amount of money. Then again, I haven't programmed AI yet in my Game Dev class. :P

5 minutes ago, iFruit 9iX said:

Hmm... I was under the impression that the Single Player was going to be slightly more than that. Mainly because I don't think bots would require such a large amount of money. Then again, I haven't programmed AI yet in my Game Dev class. :P

They've already confirmed that Jason AI would be far too expensive. So we know that we'll be playing as Jason, and not as counselors.

I suppose they can structure it into some form of Campaign...But I think it's gonna be nothing more than the MP portion against Bots. Counselor AI wouldn't be overly complicated to program (can almost be "recorded" like a ghost of real players). While the AI bots scramble to complete objectives, repairs things, etc...you as the player (Jason) just need to "cut" the recording of the bots. That's really not complicated at all.

I haven't programmed since high school (12 years ago lol). But it wouldn't be hard to do that.

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

They've already confirmed that Jason AI would be far too expensive. So we know that we'll be playing as Jason, and not as counselors.

I suppose they can structure it into some form of Campaign...But I think it's gonna be nothing more than the MP portion against Bots. Counselor AI wouldn't be overly complicated to program (can almost be "recorded" like a ghost of real players). While the AI bots scramble to complete objectives, repairs things, etc...you as the player (Jason) just need to "cut" the recording of the bots. That's really not complicated at all.

I haven't programmed since high school (12 years ago lol). But it wouldn't be hard to do that.

Guess only time will tell. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

People hacking and ruining everything for everyone else has been my concern since day one.  That's part of the reason why I also got the PS4 version.  Hackers on PC ruin games, PS4 I haven't had any issues. I know the devs said if people get caught hacking it's a LTB, which is great but those bastards keep coming back somehow, Star Wars Battlefront is a perfect example.  People get "banned" and they are back in a few matches.  None of my friends really game so I'm always at the mercy of the random lobby. I have no friends lol.  

5 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I've heard using the Konomi code will give you 99 lives.  Try it out. 

I call BS. Should be 13. :P

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

They stated previously that single player mode includes the 20 minute match, scenarios from the films you play out, and scenarios the devs come up with. 

9 minutes ago, Gdain said:

People hacking and ruining everything for everyone else has been my concern since day one.  That's part of the reason why I also got the PS4 version.  Hackers on PC ruin games, PS4 I haven't had any issues. I know the devs said if people get caught hacking it's a LTB, which is great but those bastards keep coming back somehow, Star Wars Battlefront is a perfect example.  People get "banned" and they are back in a few matches.  None of my friends really game so I'm always at the mercy of the random lobby. I have no friends lol.  

If you're on PC, I'm sure a bunch of us will party up and play when the game comes out. Always welcome to join.

I'm looking forward to playing this game with a familiar group. Back when the original Gears of War was popular, we had this group of 12 or so of us who played together (game was 4 v 4). We'd party up nightly and play. Often times you'd have to wait for an open spot to get to play with us (lol not me, I was the host) Always the same people. Was really fun/competitive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I wouldn't mind "cheats" as options for "custom games" i.e. private matches, but including them runs the risk of making it easier for hackers to activate them in public matches.

The only "cheat" i'm interested in is big head mode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I've heard using the Konomi code will give you 99 lives.  Try it out. 

Yeah lol i will

• Like 1