Sign in to follow this  
ShankerOne

Friday the 13th the Lost Chapters Fan Film

Found this one out in the wild the yesterday and figured I'd toss it up here as I know some others have posted about fan films and might be interested. Shocker I know, but they're gunning for an October 13, 2017 release (looks over at canceled F13 movie). Not a lot to go on but here's a link to the IndiGoGo page, the teaser, and a link to the news story.

• Like 1

I have to admit I have fan-funded Friday the 13th projects fatigue. I've heard this exact pitch a few times now.

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I have to admit I have fan-funded Friday the 13th projects fatigue. I've heard this exact pitch a few times now.

Sure you're not just crowd funded out in general?:P 

• Like 1

Just now, ShankerOne said:

Sure you're not just crowd funded out in general?:P 

This is definitely possible.

I wish them luck with it, I didn't back 'Never Hike Alone' but thought it was worthy of support. This one is still just an idea, I think they need to provide a little more than a girl in a cliche 80's get-up finding a machete to show they're capable of doing the Friday the 13th story any justice.

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This is definitely possible.

I wish them luck with it, I didn't back 'Never Hike Alone' but thought it was worthy of support. This one is still just an idea, I think they need to provide a little more than a girl in a cliche 80's get-up finding a machete to show they're capable of doing the Friday the 13th story any justice.

Yeah that's how I see it. A pitch but not a lot of substance. Anywho, figured some of the fan film folk on the forum might want to keep an eye on it and see how it turns out. Who knows, maybe it'll end up being half decent. Some of these fan films end up being pretty good.

• Like 1

They have a $15,000 goal, so I'll take it this is an ambitious project. I've only seen a few good Friday fan films, but like to be optimistic. 

5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

They have a $15,000 goal, so I'll take it this is an ambitious project. I've only seen a few good Friday fan films, but like to be optimistic. 

$15k seems a bit much considering they didn't really sell folks on their credentials. I'll be surprised if they get it.

$550 raised so far and only a month left; They won't make it. But still, I'm a sucker for these fan films, even if most of them suck.

33 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

$550 raised so far and only a month left; They won't make it. But still, I'm a sucker for these fan films, even if most of them suck.

That's kind of the issue. Most do suck but if they attack a project with an original or interesting concept most people will get behind it. This one doesn't really look like it provides anything.

If someone made a fan film that continued from the end of Part 8 it would be funded for sure. Or Jason vs. a shark.

$15,000. 

Highest backers: The producer with $55,the producers parents with $110,and someone else related to the producer with $110.

I'm not joking around,the last names all match up under the backers.

"This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not meet its goal."

1418755652_jimcarreygag.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Or Jason vs. a shark.

Don't even kid.

The producers may actually pull shit like this. I can see it now. The game gets F13 reputation and excitement for the IP up to new heights. The movie guys realize they are idiots who cancelled an F13 movie that would have landed on an F13 in October. Time is short. What to do?

Get the Asylum to make Jason vs Shark and air that fucker on Syfy. 

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Don't even kid.

The producers may actually pull shit like this. I can see it now. The game gets F13 reputation and excitement for the IP up to new heights. The movie guys realize they are idiots who cancelled an F13 movie that would have landed on an F13 in October. Time is short. What to do?

Get the Asylum to make Jason vs Shark and air that fucker on Syfy. 

You would be amazed some of the stuff you just might find Jason fighting online. :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

You would be amazed some of the stuff you just might find Jason fighting online. :lol:

Those are the cats who did Sarah Conner vs Jason. I wish they would keep making those crossover battles. I find them cool. 

Spoilers for above video below!!!

With that said, Scorpion should have used his hax for an easy win. Ah well, the stupid are weeded out. 

As someone doing their own Fan film all I can say is that it's encouraging to see other filmmakers throwing their hats into the ring. Love'em or hate'em, at least the fans are trying to do something that the studios refuse to do. I mean, we have this game because fans took the initiative. We may not be getting the 90 minutes of super slick body count kills, but you never know what kind of surprises some of these films could have in store. 

I actually had a chance to talk to Tony a little bit this past week. He's a good kid with the right intentions and he and his team are very receptive to the criticism they've gotten so far. Last I spoke with them they were working on expanding their teaser so it shows more of what they are up to. It will most likely take another trip through crowdfunding to get what they need to finish, but there is a learning curve when it comes to a marketing standpoint.

Risinggrave if you like crossover battles, there is another Friday Fan Film launching soon that may peak your interest: https://www.instagram.com/frightfights/?hl=en

• Like 1

I mass tweeted the indie go go page to a lot of people

On 5/10/2017 at 2:18 AM, bewareofbears said:

That's kind of the issue. Most do suck but if they attack a project with an original or interesting concept most people will get behind it. This one doesn't really look like it provides anything.

If someone made a fan film that continued from the end of Part 8 it would be funded for sure. Or Jason vs. a shark.

There is a pretty good one that takes place after 8 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqI9G_1lkFI

Please do not double post. Edit your post if you need to add something.