3 hours ago, FlameRiderSD said:

god damn like i hope they do it soon i already feel kinda bored with the kills

First of all not trying to bible thump but gods got nothing to do with gun and Illfonic not getting what you want in the game. And second  I would be willing to bet that everything you want to see happen is the same thing everyone else wants too, and  I bet even more that gun and illfonic know this too,!!! And will add this to the game along with dynamic Weather and even more cool stuff!!! they said this will be the end-all be-all Friday the 13th game! I for one believe them.  They wanted to add all this to the game before release money was all that was holding them back well we all know money should not be an issue anymore let's get it #F 13army @gunn media holdings @illfonic! We all want to be playing this game for the next 15 yearsWe all want to be playing this game for the next 15 years

Just now, FlameRiderSD said:

i hope this game lasts as long as legos are made (Which is like 50 more years)

Ha. Future archaeologists will find Nokia phones with batteries still charged. 

Even if they never allow Jason to switch weapons, I'd still like to see him be able to context kill with them if they're nearby when he grabs a counselor. Like imagine a shotgun or flare gun context kill... or the fireplace poker like in the movies!

Edit: I mean the hot poker through the chest... I just discovered the outdoor campfire poker he shoves down a counselor's throat.

14 hours ago, Rotterdam909 said:

Needs more machete 

Preferably part 9 with a machete instead of a giant battleaxe.

Just gonna drop this in here and see how y'all react. Credit goes to @Brigadius. We can clearly see the regular pitchfork weapon, not to mention this used to actually be a thing.

4ah4.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Just gonna drop this in here and see how y'all react. Credit goes to @Brigadius. We can clearly see the regular pitchfork weapon, not to mention this used to actually be a thing.

4ah4.jpg

Never actually seen this screenshot prior. They really dropped the ball with this.

I think if there where just weapons around the map or in his shed for Jason can only see/ pick up to change it up. Maybe for the first pass of this implementation is just use all the different weapons and animations that are already created for the game and worry about new ones down the road. Whatever weapons you hold has those specific kills that you can preset in customization screen.  All animations should be able to work on any of the Jason rigs. 

or...

If maybe Jason is only set to one weapon as it is now, but all the other weapons are around the map placed as "environmental kills". For instants there is a pitch fork at the barn area and Jason can do one of the Savini Kill, but only in that spot. Axe stuck in a tree stump. A Fire axe hanging on the wall. etc... Weapons that players cant use or reach.  I would be down to stuff like that if you can't change weapons in the menu. 

4 minutes ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

I think if there where just weapons around the map or in his shed for Jason can only see/ pick up to change it up. Maybe for the first pass of this implementation is just use all the different weapons and animations that are already created for the game and worry about new ones down the road. Whatever weapons you hold has those specific kills that you can preset in customization screen.  All animations should be able to work on any of the Jason rigs. 

or...

If maybe Jason is only set to one weapon as it is now, but all the other weapons are around the map placed as "environmental kills". For instants there is a pitch fork at the barn area and Jason can do one of the Savini Kill, but only in that spot. Axe stuck in a tree stuff. A Fire axe hanging on the wall. etc... Weapons that players cant use or reach.  I would be down to stuff like that if you can't change weapons in the menu. 

I like both of those suggestions. But they seem like a lot more work to pull off than just a "select your weapon" menu.

I think it should work like the screenshot above. Just select the weapon you'd like to use, then all executions exclusive to the weapon you can now use with any Jason. I can't see how the animations would be a problem since the original trailer had Jasons using different weapons than what we see now.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to pick your weapon in the selection scene based on the current unlocked ones.  Say if you have the first two Jason unlocks you could choose to equip them with either a machete or the axe.  The kill unlocks would follow the weapon.

Additionally it would be pretty cool to allow Jason to pick up specific weapons around the game as sort of a consumable kill.  If not near an environmental kill and a counselor is grabbed hitting "e" will perform a kill animation with the consumable.  Jason could only pick up and carry one at a time.

examples could be: A survival knife, hedge clippers, circular saw blade, hacksaw, hatchet, screwdriver, hay hook, etc.

Perhaps the use of an environmental kill or a consumable kill could be performed on any counselor with full health, but to perform any other kill type on a counselor they need to be at less than full health.  It would make window smashing more important, health spray something that wouldn't necessarily be saved until you can't run, as well as give more meaning to the break free perks.  Just a few thoughts.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Never actually seen this screenshot prior. They really dropped the ball with this.

Why was it taken out if it was in the game?

7 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Why was it taken out if it was in the game?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huge mistake if you ask me though. My best guess is possible conflicting animations. Like a running Jason with a two handed weapon like a spear or pitchfork. But this is something mocap and new animations would fix which is a small price to pay for more gameplay variety.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huge mistake if you ask me though. My best guess is possible conflicting animations. Like a running Jason with a two handed weapon like a spear or pitchfork. But this is something mocap and new animations would fix which is a small price to pay for more gameplay variety.

I agree that it can be fixed. Two handed weapons can be carried in one hand when running.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

part 3's weapon is two handed

7 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

part 3's weapon is two handed

Ah shit you're right. 

I still don't understand why they decided against the weapon select.

Jason is seriously lacking in customization and once you unlock part 9 there is nothing to look forward to in terms of unlockables.

Maybe in the future they can pull out weapon selection as an update to bring interest back to the game later.

10 minutes ago, Jason Voorheê̄s said:

Who agrees with the whole alt skin having different weapons concept?

With what we're proposing, you could use any weapon with any skin and Jason.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

With what we're proposing, you could use any weapon with any skin and Jason.

No not everyone just the ones who do know had a machete or another weapon throughout the moves ya know?

Just now, Jason Voorheê̄s said:

No not everyone just the ones who do know had a machete or another weapon throughout the moves ya know?

Well again with what we're suggesting you can have it both ways. For instance, instead of being forced to have a goofy battleaxe for part 9 you can switch weapons to a machete. something he actually used in the movies. And if you'd like to give part 9 an spear or pitchfork you can as well.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Well again with what we're suggesting you can have it both ways. For instance, instead of being forced to have a goofy battleaxe for part 9 you can switch weapons to a machete. something he actually used in the movies. And if you'd like to give part 9 an spear or pitchfork you can as well.

Um alright.