1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

This was in another thread,but appropriate for this one too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ayAvY-x5PU&t=5m21s&feature=youtu.be

Jason animations. More specifically,Part VII Jason using the pick axe and an axe. Its.....something.

This just shows that if we cannot choose multiple weapons in the game, i'll be pissed. Because there seems to be no reason not to.

49 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This just shows that if we cannot choose multiple weapons in the game, i'll be pissed. Because there seems to be no reason not to.

I've explained this before:

P7 is the placeholder mocap Jason, not the animated model.

Exactly,that video pretty much show that every Jason models can all use each weapons.

I would have added the videos that Paul Phoenix made where he took the Part 6 model and a counselor model,then did different kill animations with it,but it seem he deleted them or those were taken down.

37 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Exactly,that video pretty much show that every Jason models can all use each weapons.

I would have added the videos that Paul Phoenix made where he took the Part 6 model and a counselor model,then did different kill animations with it,but it seem he deleted them or those were taken down.

It doesn't.

It shows that they used J7 as a placeholder for animating the models, not that they modeled all the Jasons with each weapon.  Notice in all the scenes of Mocap, they used J7.  That's because, well, first of all, that's Kane Hodder's first Jason, so it would make sense for them to use that so Kane could see his Jason up there.  Kane says this many times.  "It's really cool that I can wear this stupid looking suit and move around, but when I look at the screen, that's Jason.  Me."

I think they took a signature weapon for each of the Jasons from the movies. Jason 2 wielded a pick axe in his climax. Jason 3 was 'killed' by a wood axe. Jason 6's fence post. Jason 7 where his machete became his signature weapon. Part 8 where he killed the deck hand with a fireaxe. Part 9 is the only one that really doesn't make sense, I guess the feller's axe fit the motif of some of the scenes though he wasn't in it long enough to really kill with a weapon.

You'd also have to look that the weapon choices have their own unique kills for that particular model. If they were to swap out the skins they would need to pay to re-animate the kills for each Jason, Jason 2 was the placeholder for Savini's pitchfork kills, but beyond those two kills which were put in for promotional purposes, I'd think it would cost quite a bit to swap that out for everyone. tbh they should leave things as-is for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrifterWolf said:

Jason 6's fence post. 

Gahhh this friggin fence post. I get that it brought him back to life,and he killed the couple with it early...But he ditched it quick for the machete and proceeded to cut off three heads and also impale the motorbike couple.....It might just be me,but I equate Part VI Jason with the machete more than any other Jason,even over Part VII,who barely used it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

Gahhh this friggin fence post. I get that it brought him back to life,and he killed the couple with it early...But he ditched it quick for the machete and proceeded to cut off three heads and also impale the motorbike couple.....It might just be me,but I equate Part VI Jason with the machete more than any other Jason. 

Another reason we should be able to choose weapons. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Guys remember in the beta when we leveled up and unlocked kills on a per Jason basis? How would that work if we could swap weapons? It seems like they would have to re work the whole system, wouldn't make much sense doing the corkscrew kill with a fire axe, would it? I do believe the other Jasons shown using other weapons were just for that, show.

7 minutes ago, Sikboy1029 said:

Guys remember in the beta when we leveled up and unlocked kills on a per Jason basis? How would that work if we could swap weapons? It seems like they would have to re work the whole system, wouldn't make much sense doing the corkscrew kill with a fire axe, would it? I do believe the other Jasons shown using other weapons were just for that, show.

Thats where environmental kills come in. 

2 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Gahhh this friggin fence post. I get that it brought him back to life,and he killed the couple with it early...But he ditched it quick for the machete and proceeded to cut off three heads and also impale the motorbike couple.....It might just be me,but I equate Part VI Jason with the machete more than any other Jason,even over Part VII,who barely used it.

It wouldn't be unique otherwise.

Which is why I am opposed to J7's "unique weapon" being a machete considering it was one of the most common weapons used in the franchise.

plus, those kills man.  I don't care how iconic the machete is man.  If it means not getting those spear kills I'll pass.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Thats where environmental kills come in. 

Those kills are shared across all Jasons, not the weapon kill unlocks, afaik. We'll know soon enough.

1 minute ago, Sikboy1029 said:

Confirmed in the Unreal interview, each Jason has their own unique weapon, so that's that.

I wasn't able to view it- any decent news from it? And that sucks.

1 minute ago, Sikboy1029 said:

Counselors don't start with maps, that was the only other piece of new info

Interesting- do they have to find them or are they revealed as they move through the map?

6 minutes ago, Sikboy1029 said:

This makes me happy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Interesting- do they have to find them or are they revealed as they move through the map?

You have to find them, like a walkie talkie

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sikboy1029 said:

Hoo.. that's an interesting change. Between the maps, Jason's traps, The change to the phone, The change to sense... it seems the games are going to unfold MUCH more slowly.

This is a very interesting core change. I wonder if they changed any other major core features...

I'm still hoping the radios get knocked out with the lights, even if they don't have cords (cuz that matters :rolleyes:)

15 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Hoo.. that's an interesting change. Between the maps, Jason's traps, The change to the phone, The change to sense... it seems the games are going to unfold MUCH more slowly.

This is a very interesting core change. I wonder if they changed any other major core features...

Sounds almost like a different game than the beta, should be interesting.

12 minutes ago, Sikboy1029 said:

I'm still hoping the radios get knocked out with the lights, even if they don't have cords (cuz that matters :rolleyes:)

Radios usually have batteries in them, at least in the 80's when you were camping. Even at cabins, usually power is limited.

Having to find a map at the start, or risk trying to do it blind/with your mini-map only, does change the early game up.

Makes it even more a good idea to head right for the nearest cabin when you start, instead of jogging around the woods.

I would also like to point out that at the end of the announcement trailer,we see Part 6 Jason using a machete slashing at the 'early',now it could also be just for show and replicating that moment in the beginning of Part 6,but again i still think that animating all Jason models with different weapons would be fairly easy.

This whole 'placeholder' thing is a terrible excuse that is pretty much irrelevant anyway considering the things we have seen from previous trailers.

All Jason models are basically using the same mocap datas and 'skeletal structure from Kane Hodder,only the body shape is not exactly 100% the same,like the shoulder or the waist might be different a bit,but overall they all have the same size,the same walking animation,the same running or powerwalk animations,they can all do similar kills like the fireplace environmental kill or the sleeping bag kill or the crushing face against a wall or door kill,if all models can do the same things then that mean that they all share the same 'skeleton'/mocap datas.

They dont even need to ask Kane to reput the mocap suit for weapon animation,they only need to slightly adjust each models with the axe,machete,pickaxe and spear animation datas and there ya go it's done,wont even cost a cent to do.

And like i said,what's the point in having the farmer pitchfork or the tribal spear in the virtual cabins if they arent going to be in the actual game...

The 'placeholder' excuse is invalid.

8 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

I would also like to point out that at the end of the announcement trailer,we see Part 6 Jason using a machete slashing at the 'early',now it could also be just for show and replicating that moment in the beginning of Part 6,but again i still think that animating all Jason models with different weapons would be fairly easy.

This whole 'placeholder' thing is a terrible excuse that is pretty much irrelevant anyway considering the things we have seen from previous trailers.

All Jason models are basically using the same mocap datas and 'skeletal structure from Kane Hodder,only the body shape is not exactly 100% the same,like the shoulder or the waist might be different a bit,but overall they all have the same size,the same walking animation,the same running or powerwalk animations,they can all do similar kills like the fireplace environmental kill or the sleeping bag kill or the crushing face against a wall or door kill,if all models can do the same things then that mean that they all share the same 'skeleton'/mocap datas.

They dont even need to ask Kane to reput the mocap suit for weapon animation,they only need to slightly adjust each models with the axe,machete,pickaxe and spear animation datas and there ya go it's done,wont even cost a cent to do.

And like i said,what's the point in having the farmer pitchfork or the tribal spear in the virtual cabins if they arent going to be in the actual game...

The 'placeholder' excuse is invalid.

Yep, there's literally no good reason for Jasons to not be able to use different weapons.

Seeing Part 6 use a machete would technically be false advertising if he wasn't able to in-game.

• Like 1