On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, Jason Voorheê̄s said:

Apparently by the known players they said only the 80's so no 2009 or Uber Jason :(

Well, JgtH came out in the 90s, and we already have that one.

Why would the devs say they want to include Grendel as a map but exclude Uber Jason? Makes no sense. Of course we're gonna get Uber Jason at some point.

Actually both Uber Jason and Grendel were part of the [$5,400,000] stretch goal, Jason in Space. If the devs had to choose between Uber Jason and Jason X, I feel they'd choose Uber Jason because that's the one they chose for the goal. If they would be able to make both, super awesome. In that case, the surgical machete would be a better fit for Uber Jason.

38 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Actually both Uber Jason and Grendel were part of the [$5,400,000] stretch goal, Jason in Space. If the devs had to choose between Uber Jason and Jason X, I feel they'd choose Uber Jason because that's the one they chose for the goal. If they would be able to make both, super awesome. In that case, the surgical machete would be a better fit for Uber Jason.

What did they end up raising for the Kickstarter?

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, looked it up. 823k. That's a bit shy. Didn't they say they had 75k players on launch day? So if 12k were backers, that means 63k new purchases, figure another 2.5 mil, minus let's say 20% to Microsoft/Valve/Sony (I actually have absolutely no idea what their cuts are, but this is just a thought exercise), leaving us at 2.8 mil.

So we're about halfway there! Just need another 75,000 people to buy the game!

And holy shit, 70% for development means only 576k for a good year and a half, and I'm assuming that includes salaries for 9 people, plus all of the development expenses, plus business costs? Does Gun and Illfonic have other revenue streams that kept them going during this time? You really have to hand it to them for delivering this game as quickly as they did, and on top of that adding extras from the stretch-goal list that weren't even met.

Gun Media also raised money during the backerkit. I think they stopped doing the stretch goals after Kickstarter with the exception of single player, and that was because they made some sort of investments.

2 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

What did they end up raising for the Kickstarter?

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, looked it up. 823k. That's a bit shy. Didn't they say they had 75k players on launch day? So if 12k were backers, that means 63k new purchases, figure another 2.5 mil, minus let's say 20% to Microsoft/Valve/Sony (I actually have absolutely no idea what their cuts are, but this is just a thought exercise), leaving us at 2.8 mil.

So we're about halfway there! Just need another 75,000 people to buy the game!

And holy shit, 70% for development means only 576k for a good year and a half, and I'm assuming that includes salaries for 9 people, plus all of the development expenses, plus business costs? Does Gun and Illfonic have other revenue streams that kept them going during this time? You really have to hand it to them for delivering this game as quickly as they did, and on top of that adding extras from the stretch-goal list that weren't even met.

I know, man. That's why I keep tipping my hat to these guys...they delivered with this game in a way that you wouldn't have thought they could, and for that they deserve all the kudos in the world. I do hope more & more people buy the game because I really want to see them keep adding to this. It's so much fun but imagine how much greater it'll be as time elapses & they get to truly expand on everything. It's gonna put pretty much any other horror based game to shame.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Jason Voorheê̄s said:

Ok i speak for us :)

On-Topic: Jason X would be to much of an imbalance thats why I said we because he already is upgraded and there would be 100% more unrealistic with such a Character added.

or they could add Jason X but don't buff him more than he already is, just having the skin would be fine by me

I'm personally more interested in Uber Jason of the two.

I'd give him +grip, +weapon strength, +destruction, and -water speed, -running, -sense

On the other hand, we don't have part 4 yet and he could use a Hacksaw.

13 hours ago, Bmoney08 said:

or they could add Jason X but don't buff him more than he already is, just having the skin would be fine by me

Just make Jason X a skin of Part 7. I'd be cool with that and even pay for it.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, Daneasaur said:

Just make Jason X a skin of Part 7. I'd be cool with that and even pay for it.

I wouldn't pay for a skin....i would rather have a new model with different kills.

I'd be fine with Jason X in the game as long as it's pre-Uber Jason. Uber Jason in my opinion would need to be exclusively playable on it's own map or something, it would just seem goofy having a cyborg Jason that's insanely OP running around unless you were on a space ship.

7 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I'd be fine with Jason X in the game as long as it's pre-Uber Jason. Uber Jason in my opinion would need to be exclusively playable on it's own map or something, it would just seem goofy having a cyborg Jason that's insanely OP running around unless you were on a space ship.

Hmm, maybe Uber Jason could be a "power up" state for normal Jasons that have been injured in the match.

19 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

It's no more outlandish than using ANY jason on the crystal lake map, considering Jason wasn't the killer at that time.

Exactly. Imo, that's part of the fun of the game. I WANT to play as Uber Jason in Higgins Haven, Packanack or Crystal Lake. They shouldn't start limiting certain Jason's to certain maps. That'd also be limiting the fun.

• Like 1

Maybe you unlock Uber Jason at level 101 and he's literally invincible, and the only way you can down him is to actually kill him w/ Tommy and Pamela's sweater. 100% stun resistance, can't be knocked down, etc.

Uber Jason being able to killed with a sweater and Tommy Jarvis makes zero sense. He needs a whole new kill system initiated.

And considering so many people have hit level 101, I think it'd be better if they have him become unlockable at a higher level or from spending CP to get him. As badly as I want Uber Jason, when the time does come I would like to be able to do some work to get him. If it's the level 101 thing, I'll have him the moment they drop the update.

13 hours ago, Emperiex said:

Exactly. Imo, that's part of the fun of the game. I WANT to play as Uber Jason in Higgins Haven, Packanack or Crystal Lake. They shouldn't start limiting certain Jason's to certain maps. That'd also be limiting the fun.

Agreed; it breaks canon, but the whole game does anyway and it's actually pretty fun to be able to play around like that.

In the future, I want a (rather puzzled) Baghead Jason stomping around the decks of the Grendal. While Uber Jason throws people threw the windows of Packanack Lodge.

Some players will enjoy being able to use the specific Jasons for specific maps, but that's all to the good as well.

Giving people options, that's all it's about. The more, the better.