Sign in to follow this  
Arakos

Sense ability (Just Blips and Fear?)

Hello there,

i hope you can help me with four questions about the sense ability and fear.

1. So.. we know that Jason can sense the counselors fear (which one let them light up red), but how it works on the buildings, does the buildings light up everytime when a counselor entering or just if one of them have fear? (really hopes just if they have a high fearlevel...)

2. Will the counselors "REALLY" just lights up when the fearlevel is high or maby too randomly with a lesser chance?
Will Vanesse with the lowest stealth show up everytime as Chrismastree with red lights or just if shes scared?

3. You see can notice on the minimap that you make noises as counselor with white circles, but the circles become bigger the more noise you makes... Can Jason see your blips from a farther distance or will he see them everytime no matter from what distance while sense is activated?

4.(one more question!) The counselor have one or two perks that allow you to avoid Jasons sense ability with xx% chance, but what it means?
  When the perk success, is Jason not able to see your blips while his sense is activated or you dont will light up?

(sorry when my english is too bad)

Thank you for reponses!:)

I was under the impression that counselors and buildings only glow red with a sufficiently high fear level.

The perks were kind of vague. I assume that low profile gives counselors a 50% chance to not glow red only when crouched, while level-headed gives a 15% chance no matter what.  Otherwise, I don't see why level-headed is more expensive than low profile.

• Like 1

in the beta it seemed like the building lit up even if there was no fear involved. But there are perks that allow you to evade the sense ability with about a 50% chance of working as in you could be standing right in front of him but it won't light up. The way fear works is I believe the more fear you have the farther away jason can sense you.

Short answers - Yes, High fear, Depends on the game progress and Yes.

Jason can Sense someone when they're making a lot of noise, experiencing high fear or both.

If someone's in a building and they're good at keeping quiet and not too scared, then the building won't light up red when Jason uses Sense.
There could be lots of players in the same building even and it won't turn red, so long as they're all quiet and calm.

If a person or even a single person in a group is making a lot of noise and/or is scared, then the building will light up. AJ and Deborah carefully searching a building won't appreciate it if Buggzy comes charging in running around!

The range of Jason's Sense ability depends on game progress. At the start of a game the range isn't so big. He gets more powerful as time goes on and it eventually extends out to cover the whole map.

As for counselor perks, I believe you're right. It'll be a % chance to not be detected when Jason has his Sense active.

Hope this helps and someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

Here's Wes's post, talking about the adjustments to Sense due to feedback after the Beta:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

If someone's in a building and they're good at keeping quiet and not too scared, then the building won't light up red when Jason uses Sense.

There could be lots of players in the same building even and it won't turn red, so long as they're all quiet and calm.

If a person or even a single person in a group is making a lot of noise and/or is scared, then the building will light up. AJ and Deborah carefully searching a building won't appreciate it if Buggzy comes charging in running around

Thank you all for the help guys!

So you think that the building light up too when the counselors just make so much noises or you mean that he will see you cause of the blips in the house??

I really hope for a good ingame tutorial which one explain every game features and basics.

Technically I think white blips are noise and red blobs/outlines are fear. But a building will light up red for either thing.

11 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Technically I think white blips are noise and red blobs/outlines are fear. But a building will light up red for either thing.

Are you sure about this?

I hope it would just light up if they have a high fear level, but thank you very much.

I didn't actually play the Beta, but watched a lot of footage and I think that's right. Unless anyone can correct me.

• Like 1

does swimming slower make less noise? do you light up if you make noise or is it just visual sound cues?

Don't know about swimming speed.

But I remember it as you light up red from fear effects and give off the white sound blips if you're making noise.

On 5/3/2017 at 1:09 PM, DamonD7 said:

Noise doesn't cause the building to glow red. Only when you sense fear in the cabin does it glow red.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DEATH said:

Noise doesn't cause the building to glow red. Only when you sense fear in the cabin does it glow red.

I hope that you're right, thanks :)