Sign in to follow this  
Sikboy1029

Please give the radio a few tweaks

If someone turns the radio on the cabin should show red on vision until it's turned off. As a way to offset this taking out power should kill the radios, too. I don't think it did in the beta.

• Like 1

The radios could be running on batteries though...  In fact, I don't remember ever seeing a power cable running from them when I looked at one. 

• Like 2

As I said, it would be more for balance. If you want to nitpick none of the lamps had cords either :P Plus it would encourage repairing more. A LOT of people ignored repairing the generators in beta.

I'm not nitpicking. Lamps don't use batteries, radios do... Having them shut off by the power being out just doesn't make sense.

Dude that totally was splitting hairs. I suggested a mechanic to actually make the radios more useful and to encourage repairing and all you said was "there were no cords" and not all radios used batteries in the early 80s, either. and don't use the " doesn't make sense" line in a discussion about a game with a supernatural serial killer. If you don't like the idea that's cool, just don't argue game logic.

That could prove harmful to counselors though?

Imagine being a counselor and seeing that the power in a cabin was killed. You sneak towards it and manage to repair the power box, power comes back, but if the balance you suggested happened, it also turns back on when the power is turned back on.

So even though you've done nothing wrong and didn't even know if the radio was turned on or not before, by repairing the power box, you also turn on the radio and make yourself a huge target by making the cabin bright red.

I think I prefer how it is right now

• Like 1

I can argue anything I want, and just cause the premise of the character doesn't make sense doesn't mean the world around it shouldn't... By that logic, why not make the guns shoot lasers?  And what camp wouldn't have battery powered radios to take to the lake in the 80's? My mom had a battery powered radio back then and we were pretty damn poor back then. If you really want me to discuss game logic, how about the fact that highlighting the house strengthens the sense power of the already very powerful Jason player. The radio is one of the few deterants the counselors have that last longer than 5-10 seconds.  Giving Jason players the heads up on what house the radio is coming from just weakens an already weaker player class. Having them run on cabin electricity only increases that advantage by allowing Jason the completely remove them from the equation entirely.  

23 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

That could prove harmful to counselors though?

Imagine being a counselor and seeing that the power in a cabin was killed. You sneak towards it and manage to repair the power box, power comes back, but if the balance you suggested happened, it also turns back on when the power is turned back on.

So even though you've done nothing wrong and didn't even know if the radio was turned on or not before, by repairing the power box, you also turn on the radio and make yourself a huge target by making the cabin bright red.

I think I prefer how it is right now

I considered that too, it would also make it where you would want to search a whole group of cabins and then hit the radio in the last one before you leave. You have to admit right now radios are pretty useless. Much like firecrackers and flare guns before their tweaks. I just hope the devs see this and do something to make them useful

I don't think Jason needs anymore balancing.  All he needs to do is go in and hit the radio and it's gone for good.  I don't see why you'd worry about taking out the power at that point when you can just destroy it forever.

Maybe a repair skill would come in handy refix the radio, but I'm guessing that's further down the line.

If the radio made the cabin red taking out the power/radios would eliminate the decoys without having to go smash each individual one until power was fixed, that was my thinking. And that's why I'd think it would encourage generator repairing, too. Obviously Jason should still break them when convenient :)

I feel like the radio isn't really a gamechanger friends can just use a 3rd party program to talk anyways, if anything the radio should transmit what other players are saying in proximity and should have a toggle on off feature so lets say a player is hiding under the bed and Jason walks by but he forgot to turn off his radio so now some goober shouts out "Hey I got the keys!". Now the radio is an asset as-well as a tool that you need to remember you have or else risk giving your position away.

This topic is about the radio that plays music :D using an external voip takes a lot of the fun out of it imho