This is me just bouncing an idea around to see what you all think. So, don't get super bent out of shape because it doesn't adhere to the movies. I looked and didn't see anything similar so here it is. 

What if they added a young Jason to play as? He would be a new playable Jason and would have to have a completely different play style and abilities. Think how creepy it would be to be chased around the woods by some deformed killer child.

STATS

Strengths

Can run - same speed as slowest counselor 

Sense - lasts longer

Hide - can hide like counselors 

Weaknesses 

Water Speed - This Jason is very slow in the water

Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal less damage with his weapon against counselors.

Less Hit Points - This Jason has lower HP than other Jasons

ABILITIES  

Shift modified to a fast run. Just creepier

Leap replaces Stalk. Can leap a good distance to close gap or if in range jump on counselor. 

Stalk would be a permanent passive ability that only cues music if seen and stops once he's so far away. 

Young Jason would also be able to climb through windows. He's not a brute he can't just bust through a door. Unless maybe he leaps into it.

WEAPON

Scissors (Updated - SexDrugs&Tea)

Sickle

Would probably require a lot of time to work out how to do it, but would be creepy and awesome to be chased by a fast child Jason. 

Edited by Brigadius
Modified from feedback
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheManBetweenTheMan said:

This is really dumb. Slow in water? A sickle? What..

Yea Child Jason should be  SUPER FAST in water after all Jason was a great swimmer as a child that's why he didn't drown!!

I think it's a very interesting idea, kids creep me out. I am not sure about the sickle though. Maybe scissors? Summer camps usually have an arts and crafts table.

Other than that, I think the strenght and weaknesses make sense and I like the change to shift.

I think it's a cool killer concept, but I'm not really sure how much it would fit in with the game. And they're probably going to prioritize other canon Jasons/killers (Pam and Roy) over an idea like this, even though I think it's pretty cool.

Maybe they could recycle the modification you made to the Shift ability and the « Can hide like counselors » strenght for a potential teenage Jason?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheManBetweenTheMan said:

This is really dumb. Slow in water? A sickle? What..

Very constructive criticism. 

Weapon is debatable but he's small and not going to be able to weild large weapon. A small Blade or something would be fine but would like something more unique. There are already 3 axe wielding Jason's. 

And, as I remember it, he drown so slow in water makes perfect sense. 

But thanks for trying

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Very constructive criticism. 

Weapon is debatable but he's small and not going to be able to weild large weapon. A small Blade or something would be fine but would like something more unique. There are already 3 axe wielding Jason's. 

And, as I remember it, he drown so slow in water makes perfect sense. 

But thanks for trying

Alright i'm just guessing that you're basing child Jason off what we saw in 1. And as I recall the most memorable scene of him is jumping out of the water and drowning Alice(know it is a "dream" but it's what people know.)

20 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Yea Child Jason should be  SUPER FAST in water after all Jason was a great swimmer as a child that's why he didn't drown!

LMAO, I just responded to other comment and it took me a second to realize you weren't serious. 

Like the scissors idea.

I can see it being far less important than other canon but thought it could add a creep factor and gameplay expansion.

But could you imagine locking down a cabin and some creepy child crawls out from under the bed. 

• Like 1

Cool Idea....Yes but lots of Money peeps ! Mocap Cost !  Child killing Adults !  I think MPAA would take issue with this.

19 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Cool Idea....Yes but lots of Money peeps ! Mocap Cost !  Child killing Adults !  I think MPAA would take issue with this.

Yeah, would probably cost a bit. 

I don't think it would change the esrb. The game wouldn't be getting any more gory and as it would be dlc i don't think it would change the overall rating on the game. Because, if you buy the game it would come as it is now not with the extra content. 

Too much lore stretching.  Don't get me wrong, there is a LOT of lore stretching here but... Jason wasn't a killer when he was a kid.  He has no reason to kill.  And for Jason, the reasoning behind his killings makes his character.

Furthermore, I don't find a kid chasing me to be scary.  Lil' squirt wouldn't be able to do anything against almost grown adults.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Yeah, would probably cost a bit. 

I don't think it would change the esrb. The game wouldn't be getting any more gory and as it would be dlc i don't think it would change the overall rating on the game. Because, if you buy the game it would come as it is now not with the extra content. 

Anything to do with children and death is not a good thing to them. There are a few threads if you search in regards to children as it was asked if they could add the kids that are there for summer camp to the game and it was abruptly answered with a big fat no ! Nudity..NO ! I think we are lucky with what is being allowed at this point from esrb.

• Like 1

The ESRB would definitely not let that fly. They have major hang ups on children being killed. It's why all the kids in Skyrim are unkillable and why every person in GTA is at least a teenager or older.

Couldn't you just replace young Jason with zombie Pamela from Part 3 and have the same idea? Would be able to take liberties with mocap stuff(since Betsy is old and wasn't zombie Pam anyway) and no dead children. Also, Pamela is now in the game and not human so she can be ridiculously overpowered like Jason.

Edit- I don't like either idea, but I am trying to make it work. 

On paper this seem like an interesting concept,but in the end it might not work gameplay wise and also the fact that the devs cant put children in the game because of the ESRB like Ralph said.

Seriously,im not sure why someone decided to make a topic like this,we know that the answer will be no because of obvious reason.

Unless...Darrin Howard is back.

I was somewhat hoping Tom Savini would do something similar to this- basically a look between Part 1 and 2, potentially maskless and somewhat of a feral teenage/young adult Jason covered in gross stuff from the lake. Sweaterface was probably closer to what I expected but I hate the idea of him wearing his Mom's sweater on his face.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MutantTaco said:

Lol the counselers beating midget Jason with baseball bats.

I lol'd. Watching them use the bear trap exploit on him, beating him with baseball bats and axes and teabagging him. The visual imagery is almost worth having this made. (But not really)

Sorry... but no. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth for several reasons.

One, child Jason had a very minor role in the series as a whole, and I can't see players controlling a child on top of counselors trying to kill him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

The ESRB would definitely not let that fly. They have major hang ups on children being killed. It's why all the kids in Skyrim are unkillable and why every person in GTA is at least a teenager or older.

Surely there are games where children are killed. What dying light with the zombie children. Jason isn't a normal person. 

8 hours ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Too much lore stretching.  Don't get me wrong, there is a LOT of lore stretching here but... Jason wasn't a killer when he was a kid.  He has no reason to kill.  And for Jason, the reasoning behind his killings makes his character.

Furthermore, I don't find a kid chasing me to be scary.  Lil' squirt wouldn't be able to do anything against almost grown adults.

As I said in original post it does keep with the lore. I understand his reasons for killing because of his mother, but Gunn is the creator and is surely free to take some liberties as they did with Savini Jason.

At the very least it would be an interesting mod for someone who likes to experiment. I not planning on getting it on PC but I would definitely watch some gameplay if anyone ever made a mod like this. 

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I was somewhat hoping Tom Savini would do something similar to this- basically a look between Part 1 and 2, potentially maskless and somewhat of a feral teenage/young adult Jason covered in gross stuff from the lake. Sweaterface was probably closer to what I expected but I hate the idea of him wearing his Mom's sweater on his face.

I wouldn't be opposed to a young teen Jason either but I think a child would be creepier.

Some of you ask why this is even here. It's a discussion that can lead to changes or improvements. Some may like it some might not. But the point is to talk and get the creative process flowing. If you don't like it that's fine but one discussion can lead to another and create something everyone would like to see. As you can see some people actually think it's an interesting concept even if it doesn't fit with lore and nothing comes of it. I won't be upset if I never see this in the game but never having mentioned it would be a loss to the community. So, that is why this is here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a young teen Jason either but I think a child would be creepier.

I'm thinking "inside the box." A smaller Jason would require more motion capture for everything from movement to kills so it's hard to get behind anything requiring that much work without it being Mrs. Voorhees. We may never but I think we'd more likely to see a feral young adult Jason simply because it could use all previously captured movements.

Personally I'd like to see the young Jason implimented in way where he aids Pamela. Let's say she doesn't swim so when a counselor enters water the player controlling Pamela can take control of a young Jason underwater for a jump scare kill.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm thinking "inside the box." A smaller Jason would require more motion capture for everything from movement to kills so it's hard to get behind anything requiring that much work without it being Mrs. Voorhees. We may never but I think we'd more likely to see a feral young adult Jason simply because it could use all previously captured movements.

Personally I'd like to see the young Jason implimented in way where he aids Pamela. Let's say she doesn't swim so when a counselor enters water the player controlling Pamela can take control of a young Jason underwater for a jump scare kill.

See this why these topics exist. 

So would a Pamela have a young Jason in tow all the time. Because that would be creepily awesome.  Or can you switch back and forth between them at will. Say you command one to wait on one side of the cabin and the other circles around to the other side to box in a counselor. But they would have to be in fairly close proximity can't have one waiting on other side of map.

I could see a lot of possibilities out of something like this. 

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

See this why these topics exist. 

So would a Pamela have a young Jason in tow all the time. Because that would be creepily awesome.  Or can you switch back and forth between them at will. Say you command one to wait on one side of the cabin and the other circles around to the other side to box in a counselor. But they would have to be in fairly close proximity can have one waiting on other side of map.

I could see a lot of possibilities out of something like this. 

I don't think you could really have them knowingly work together because if Pamela knew Jason was there, she'd take him home and be done.

My thought is basically she wouldn't swim and the player would control the young Jason only underwater- it could be an ability of hers. The only issue with her not swimming is she can't make it to that weird little island but her head and sweater is there so it doesn't make much sense anyway.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't think you could really have them knowingly work together because if Pamela knew Jason was there, she'd take him home and be done.

My thought is basically she wouldn't swim and the player would control the young Jason only underwater- it could be an ability of hers. The only issue with her not swimming is she can't make it to that weird little island but her head and sweater is there so it doesn't make much sense anyway.

Not a bad idea. 

I do find the movies slightly confusing in this area though. Are all Jason's technically undead Jason's other than the Jason impersonators or did Jason somehow survive his drowning and Pamela was just so pissed off she finally snapped and started killing people? If it's the latter the two working together could work.

It could be like the prequel that never was where she worked with him for revenge. Nobody's ever heard of it because they were so successful that there were no survivors to talk about it. lol. 

It's all just talk but with a little creative thinking I'm sure there are many gaps in the story that can be filled with an expanded story. I know the original was supposed to be a stand alone movie with no sequels and Jason was just supposed to be an innocent victim. But with the sequels came some continuity issues and that opens it up a bit for further change to fill the gaps. 

29 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Not a bad idea. 

I do find the movies slightly confusing in this area though. Are all Jason's technically undead Jason's other than the Jason impersonators or did Jason somehow survive his drowning and Pamela was just so pissed off she finally snapped and started killing people? If it's the latter the two working together could work.

It could be like the prequel that never was where she worked with him for revenge. Nobody's ever heard of it because they were so successful that there were no survivors to talk about it. lol. 

It's all just talk but with a little creative thinking I'm sure there are many gaps in the story that can be filled with an expanded story. I know the original was supposed to be a stand alone movie with no sequels and Jason was just supposed to be an innocent victim. But with the sequels came some continuity issues and that opens it up a bit for further change to fill the gaps. 

I think if she'd known he was alive, in any form, her rage would have subsided because she replaced her love for her son with vengeance. For the most part, it would be difficult to get any hardcore Friday the 13th fan on board with a concept where they're working together. I'm not keen on it myself because it takes away Mrs. Voorhees' drive.

On a side note, I thought it was weird in the remake where he comes out of the woods after his Mom's head is chopped off when he could've jumped out a minute or two earlier and said "Hey Mom, I got lost in the woods- sorry about that."

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I think if she'd known he was alive, in any form, her rage would have subsided because she replaced her love for her son with vengeance. For the most part, it would be difficult to get any hardcore Friday the 13th fan on board with a concept where they're working together. I'm not keen on it myself because it takes away Mrs. Voorhees' drive.

It's not an unreasonable theory that he somehow survived the drowning, because he is a grown man. If he came back to life after his mother's death or during the moment of it he should in theory be a child. 

Did she know he was alive? Signs seem to point to no. But she is bats**t crazy, so maybe she has dementia and she forgets he survived. lol. Or maybe she just lost it after his supposed death and she hallucinates he's there, but he actually is there but she just sees him as a child always.

The former would probably rule out them working together. While the latter might have them working together although unbeknownst to Pamela. 

There's just so many unanswered questions in the backstory almost anything is possible over the 20 years after his accident. 

Also if they added her as a killer, and didn't want a duet killer team of mom and son, he could still be an ability. Used like earlier mentioned to surround the cabin.  Supernatural like, she herself would be unaware of jason he would be like a mobile bear trap. You use him to immobilize player switch back to Pamela as she approaches he fades away. I like this less though. 

The main game could stay true to series while added content or modes could take some liberties. But always keep the core as that is where the game comes from. Anything added after that is player optional so if they don't want to play that content they can play core content only. 

1980_double_5.jpg