On 5/3/2017 at 0:45 AM, bewareofbears said:

Would be pretty cool if Mrs. Voorhees was in and someone phoned the cops, she could interact with the cops before the counselors do causing the cops to leave. (Sabotage) "Oh no, everything's fine. A juvenile prank unfortunately."

I'm not a fan of the sabotage idea. If Pamela could remove/disable car batteries and approach or call the cops to make them leave, then the counselors priority would shift from escaping to trying to kill Pamela. Counselors priority should never be to attack the killer, it should be to escape. Pamela should still be kind of OP against counselors like Jason is to encourage counselors to stay away from her as well. Her buffs could be instead of high health or defense, give her sprinting speed and more powerful ranged ability such as the bow and arrow that I came up with. She can also still have the same attack speed as Jason compared to counselors, so she'd still be deadly in combat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'm not a fan of the sabotage idea. If Pamela could remove/disable car batteries and approach or call the cops to make them leave, then the counselors priority would shift from escaping to trying to kill Pamela. Counselors priority should never be to attack the killer, it should be to escape. Pamela should still be kind of OP against counselors like Jason is to encourage counselors to stay away from her as well. Her buffs could be instead of high health or defense, give her sprinting speed and more powerful ranged ability such as the bow and arrow that I came up with. She can also still have the same attack speed as Jason compared to counselors, so she'd still be deadly in combat.

Why not have both?

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Having the sabotage idea at all, even if Pamela has more ranged ability, makes the counselors priority to kill Pamela rather than escape. 

yeparoni

They should definitely introduce Pamela and the Roy Burns Jason in the DLC though as extra killers.

I made stats for a part 4 Jason and a new counsellor idea, go check it out

I have edited the OP to change up or add more detail to the stats. It came to my attention that there are differences between certain strengths. For example, Part 7 Jason has a shorter sense COOLDOWN while Part 6 Jason has a longer sense DURATION. At first I thought stats like these were the same thing. With that in mind I present to you my updated stats.

Part IV: The Final Chapter

Weapon: Meat Cleaver

+Can Run

+Water Speed

+Sense Cooldown (Part 7 Jason is the only other Jason with a sense cooldown)

-Morph

-Defense

-Traps (I figured -Destruction would be too annoying so I replaced it with -Traps)

Part V: Roy Burns

Weapon: Curved Machete(AKA Panga Machete) or Meat Cleaver

+Stalk Duration

+Sense Duration

+Morph

-Can't Run

-Less Hit Points

-Stun Resistance

Jason X

Weapon: Future Machete

+More Hit Points

+Weapon Strength

+Stun Resistance

-Can't Run

-Defense (Has more hit points than other Jasons but has a harder time blocking attacks in combat.)

-Sense Cooldown

Uber Jason

Weapon: Upgraded Machete

+Defense

+Grip Strength

+Destruction

-Can't Run

-Water Speed

-Traps

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Part V: Roy Burns

Weapon: Curved Machete(AKA Panga Machete)

+Stalk Duration

+Sense Duration (

+Morph

-Can't Run

-Defense

-Stun Resistance

maybe have low hp?  It's Roy after all not Jason.  But he did take a beating.  If they did do a part 5 what about the mask coming off part in the game?  Players knock it off and it's Roy underneath?  Part 5s ending always reminded me of a Scooby Doo episode lol. 

• Like 2

Roy should definitely have less hit points.

And when his mask is knocked off. It should be Roy's face with the plastic mold around his head.

38 minutes ago, Gdain said:

maybe have low hp?  It's Roy after all not Jason.  But he did take a beating.  If they did do a part 5 what about the mask coming off part in the game?  Players knock it off and it's Roy underneath?  Part 5s ending always reminded me of a Scooby Doo episode lol. 

From what I understand, "-Less Hit Points" is simply fewer hit points and "-Defense" is a combination of fewer hit points and less chance to block attacks. I suppose Roy and Part IV Jason could have either of these and both would work based on their respective movies. I figured Roy did have trouble blocking the chainsaw at the end of Part V. But I went ahead and swapped the stats for those characters anyway.

And yes it would have to be Roy underneath the mask. Maybe he could get a new kind of stat? Like he's more frightening with his mask on but when it's knocked off counselors fear doesn't spike as much?

55 minutes ago, Gdain said:

• Like 1

I decided to add Michael Myers to the list. Maybe a guest character DLC in the future?

Michael Myers

+Destruction (Chopped down a door in Halloween H20 pretty quickly.)

+Grip Strength (Can crush skulls in Halloween 4, 6, and 8.)

+Stalk Cooldown (Unlike every Jason with a +Stalk, which is a longer stalk duration, I give Michael something different. His stalk is the average duration, but he can use it more often.)

-Can't Run (Obviously)

-Defense (He gets hit all the time and doesn't ever really block anything in the movies.)

-Stun Resistance (When Michael goes down, he's usually down for a while.)

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I decided to add Michael Myers to the list. Maybe a guest character DLC in the future?

Michael Myers

+Destruction (Chopped down a door in Halloween H20 pretty quickly.)

+Grip Strength (Can crush skulls in Halloween 4, 6, and 8.)

+Stalk Cooldown (Unlike every Jason with a +Stalk, which is a longer stalk duration, I give Michael something different. His stalk is the average duration, but he can use it more often.)

-Can't Run (Obviously)

-Defense (He gets hit all the time and doesn't ever really block anything in the movies.)

-Stun Resistance (When Michael goes down, he's usually down for a while.)

With Michael Myers being in Dead by Daylight, there's zero chance. I highly doubt any other slasher villain with make it in and I'm alright with that. I know we're just talking fantasy but I can guarantee there will be no Shape.

Pamela and Roy are the closest we may see to new killers down the road, possibly more original designs or something unexpected like NES Jason or FvJ Jason.

16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

With Michael Myers being in Dead by Daylight, there's zero chance. I highly doubt any other slasher villain with make it in and I'm alright with that. I know we're just talking fantasy but I can guarantee there will be no Shape.

Pamela and Roy are the closest we may see to new killers down the road, possibly more original designs or something unexpected like NES Jason or FvJ Jason.

While I hate MANY things about DBD They did Myers pretty well in that game. He can currently be played as an almost silent killer, with the way I have him built with that games perks I can get within about 6ft of a survivor before the heartbeat kicks in. Its pretty fucking spooky, I've made some guys who have played that game for 1000+ hours shit bricks with him.

With that said I think I wouldn't want Myers in this game.. it would basically be a different model with the same ability's. I'm not like adamantly opposed to it or anything, just seems like a bad fit when we already have Jason. Jason and Myers are REALLY similar in their methods, the only real difference being that Myers uses more subtlety and Jason enjoys the Brute Force method more.

Edited by Nothingface
put would instead of wouldn't
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

While I hate MANY things about DBD They did Myers pretty well in that game. He can currently be played as an almost silent killer, with the way I have him built with that games perks I can get within about 6ft of a survivor before the heartbeat kicks in. Its pretty fucking spooky, I've made some guys who have played that game for 1000+ hours shit bricks with him.

With that said I think I wouldn't want Myers in this game.. it would basically be a different model with the same ability's. I'm not like adamantly opposed to it or anything, just seems like a bad fit when we already have Jason. Jason and Myers are REALLY similar in their methods, the only real difference being that Myers uses more subtlety and Jason enjoys the Brute Force method more.

Yea, Michael Myers is part of the reason I'm interested in Dead by Daylight when it hits consoles. That's what big licenses will do I guess, bring in the casual gamer. I think Myers deserves his own game someday with more of a focus on stealth.

For crossovers, I think we'd be more likely to see Ash from Evil Dead randomly show up before another slasher icon. I hope not, despite liking Evil Dead. I guess I just really to play the Friday the 13th game.

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

For crossovers, I think we'd be more likely to see Ash from Evil Dead randomly show up before another slasher icon. I hope not, despite liking Evil Dead. I guess I just really to play the Friday the 13th game.

The way I see it as long as the crossover is something that touched the series I would not mind seeing them, since they are a part of history in a way. So long as they don't overshadow the Friday the 13th content.

Sorta like how that one Predator game (concrete jungle) had Aliens show up as a enemy for one level. A fun cameo that doesn't over stay its welcome.

What if there was DLC where you could body swap like in Jason Goes to Hell? You could just reuse Kane's animations on a counselor ;) It would totally change the game's feel but might be fun trying to spot the possessed counselor.  Maybe throw in Duke as a Tommy Jarvis type? 

f13-part9-duke.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LawDog said:

What if there was DLC where you could body swap like in Jason Goes to Hell? You could just reuse Kane's animations on a counselor ;) It would totally change the game's feel but might be fun trying to spot the possessed counselor.  Maybe throw in Duke as a Tommy Jarvis type? 

f13-part9-duke.png

I'd be down for that. So far the main issues with features like these is seeing how it can affect gameplay. Whether it somehow makes it unplayable or if one role is too OP. But, I really hope this makes it.

All you would be doing model swapping with what ever counselor you've last killed as Jason. He can have his own balanced stats or just copy and paste Jason Goes to Hell's stats. The only difference would be not know it was Jason right away. It might be challenging to code but it would require little to no new graphics unless they put in Duke. 

Just now, LawDog said:

All you would be doing model swapping with what ever counselor you've last killed as Jason. He can have his own balanced stats or just copy and past Jason Goes to Hell's stats. The only difference would be not know it was Jason right away. It might be challenging to code but it would require little to know new graphics unless they put in Duke. 

Well, it wouldn't work so well if I was in a party with my friends and I was the only one who played as Chad, and let's say Jason kills me and becomes Chad, then there is no point. It takes away from the whole point of body swapping. Unless they enforce game chat. But that wouldn't work on PC and people would still find ways around it. Also, in the movie, Jason only body swapped because he didn't have his.

1 minute ago, iFruit 9iX said:

Well, it wouldn't work so well if I was in a party with my friends and I was the only one who played as Chad, and let's say Jason kills me and becomes Chad, then there is no point. It takes away from the whole point of body swapping. Unless they enforce game chat. But that wouldn't work on PC and people would still find ways around it. Also, in the movie, Jason only body swapped because he didn't have his.

Ah good point. It would defiantly need to be workshoped some more for sure. It could be worth it just to see Chad preform some of those gruesome Kane kills though XD

• Like 1