Jump to content
ZeroCool22

Let's talk about NO PRE ORDER bonuses.

Recommended Posts

We already see a lot of ppl saying in STEAM comments "Why Pre Order it, if we get no Bonuses/Extra Stuff".

And can't blame them, usually Pre Orders give you some kind of Bonus like an insentive for Pre Order it.

Let's put an Example, BATTLERITE, i know it's not the same genre but it' comes fro ma "indie/small team" too:

Iy97o0p.jpg

That's a good damn bonus lol, even if that was an EA, the insentive can apply to an a Pre Order too.

I'm not talking about the Savini Skin, that's for backers to feel specials and it's totally fine.

On the other hand, they could just add on Pre Order description: "If you Pre Order the game, you get 2 Jason's variant or 2 MAP's for free when they come out for free!", or something else.

just something to make the Pre Order more appealing for the ppl.

ktXpuHY.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I think preordering is one of the shittiest practices to become the industry standard.. Im kind of glad this game doesn't incentivize it.

I don't mind backing a game, in a sense its basically like investing. But preordering is just a way to bolster a games sales numbers before the reviews hit in case the game flops. It minimizes the damage of failure and lets companies get away with publishing garbage with impunity. Preordering is why so many big developers can make shitty cash grab sequels with no real value and not go out of business.

Things like saying, oh its gonna run out and you wont have a copy! Are basically pointless now that we live in the steam/amazon age. Preordering should go the way of the dinosaurs and die.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Things like saying, oh its gonna run out and you wont have a copy! Are basically pointless now that we live in the steam/amazon age. Preordering should go the way of the dinosaurs and die.

I'm sure that guy was being sarcastic, and mocking at the Pre Order lack of insentive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZeroCool22 said:

I'm sure that guy was being sarcastic, and mocking at the Pre Order.

I was using that as a general example of things folks use to defend preordering... Did someone actually say that on steam? o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

I was using that as a general example of things folks use to defend preordering... Did someone actually say that on steam? o.O

User Marshma011ow in the screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZeroCool22 said:

User Mashma011ow in the screenshot.

LOL I missed that one. Nice memes kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, there are preorder bonuses.

1. People who preordered got access to the two exclusive to preorder DLC's. The Tom Savini Jason Skin DLC, and the Counselor's Clothing Pack DLC. People that didn't preorder will not be able to get either of those DLC's.

2. They already announced that people who preordered will receive the single player portion of the game for free, once released.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ShaunAburame said:

Um, there are preorder bonuses.

1. People who preordered got access to the two exclusive to preorder DLC's. The Tom Savini Jason Skin DLC, and the Counselor's Clothing Pack DLC. People that didn't preorder will not be able to get either of those DLC's.

2. They already announced that people who preordered will receive the single player portion of the game for free, once released.

That's for Backers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ZeroCool22 said:

That's for Backers.

Which is why people that wanted some type of preorder bonus SHOULD HAVE become a backer, and preordered before April 1st.

The bonuses were available for well over a year, so don't get mad at the developers that they didn't include those backer preorder bonuses for the final two month before release.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ShaunAburame said:

Which is why people that wanted some type of preorder bonus SHOULD HAVE become a backer, and preordered before April 1st.

The bonuses were available for well over a year, so don't get mad at the developers that they didn't include those backer preorder bonuses for the final two month before release.

If you read the thread, i already pointed that out. I'm talking about "current" Pre Orders and the fact if they want could add something Extra to make it more appealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

Um, there are preorder bonuses.

1. People who preordered got access to the two exclusive to preorder DLC's. The Tom Savini Jason Skin DLC, and the Counselor's Clothing Pack DLC. People that didn't preorder will not be able to get either of those DLC's.

2. They already announced that people who preordered will receive the single player portion of the game for free, once released.

Not quite.

There was a Kickstarter that included those at a certain tier. All pre-orders on BackerKit are just the game- the skin and counselor clothing pack needing to be purchased seperately. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Not quite.

There was a Kickstarter that included those at a certain tier. All pre-orders on BackerKit are just the game- the skin and counselor clothing pack needing to be purchased seperately. 

Of which i have already purchased everything... so they would have to create/reveal something else, make my purchase redundant or keep it as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm glad that when the "preorder" purchases in backerkit were a thing, the money was going RIGHT to the devs to create the game, and thus, the people who put funds directly into the game's creation get something extra for their support.

The whole "preorder this shit now because you're a gullible twat" is diffused when you remember that all AAA games nowadays will release a "game of the year" version that has ALL the DLC in it already, and will be selling at the price of the game in the first place.

Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice, MKX, all of them had preorder incentives, generally being something Locked on the disk. Heck, they are doing it with Injustice 2 with Darkseid.

The only recent games i saw that had preorder incentives that were worthwhile were Shadow of the Beast, which had a free Theme for your ps4, Digimon Cyber Sleuth which had bonus digimon (and never had a post launch release), and the soundtrack to two games when Digimon Next 0rder came out, but do you see a trend with most of those?

The bonus incentive is something that often isn't IN the game. THAT is what I see as preorder incentive, not lopping off parts of a game to sell it back to the customer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those non backers your late to the party !  You get Single Player for free.  Besides you had a year to get the savini skin and clothing packs.  Those were perks for backers and were offered to non backers through backer kit . There will be tons of DLC coming for this Game because of it's popularity. This is an independent gaming company that is putting this out not big companies like EA or Ubisoft  that have millions to offer pre order incentives. Bottom line is if you don't want to pre order the game then don't.  F13 will have a free theme through PSN after release . Don't know about xbox but I would think it would be the same. Noob complaints when they weren't here from the beginning like most of us and are just catching up.  Annoying to say the least. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the single player mode launching this summer for preorders/backers only? That may have changed but I believe they originally said that that would be for backers and preorders only, so if that's the case and they keep a griping, tell em that. Unless it's changed. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the single player mode launching this summer for preorders/backers only? That may have changed but I believe they originally said that that would be for backers and preorders only, so if that's the case and they keep a griping, tell em that. Unless it's changed. :P

A valid point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the single player mode launching this summer for preorders/backers only? That may have changed but I believe they originally said that that would be for backers and preorders only, so if that's the case and they keep a griping, tell em that. Unless it's changed. :P

single player is available for everyone who buys the game. Early backers get single player free without paying the increased price of $40 for a digital copy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JPops said:

single player is available for everyone who buys the game. Early backers get single player free without paying the increased price of $40 for a digital copy. 

Ok. May want to have someone tweak the Steam page with the single player announcement. It still has the poster that says backers and preorders get it free. If that extends beyond preorders that may need tweaking. Not really a huge oversight but you know someone will blow a gasket.

I left out the free to backers and preorders but available to buy post-launch for everyone else. What I assumed anyay. Bad wording on my part.

3Xf31li.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you preorder the game it comes to you if you don't preorder the game then you have to go all the way to the shops then by the time they get home the people that preorder it we'll be at there like 10th round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Well if you preorder the game it comes to you if you don't preorder the game then you have to go all the way to the shops then by the time they get home the people that preorder it we'll be at there like 10th round 

lol no...You can still buy digital without a pre-order as soon as the game is released. It's also apparently only 3.2 GB, so the download wouldn't take long, even on a pretty bad connection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Please, you get a massive bonus if you pre-order.

 

 

I read this as "massive boner" the first time...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...