Sign in to follow this  
MelonWizard

Weapons for the Jasons

I recall seeing in a kill montage that J3 had a pitchfork and so did J2.

J2 with pitchfork: 1:11

J3 with pitchfork: 1:24

J3 with a poker:1:38

J3 with a pickaxe: 1:53

J2 with spear: 2:07

Having the Jasons only be able to use a preset weapon is a pretty bad idea- hopefully they're just staying quiet on it but fuck I hate that Part 9 has an over-inflated novelty balloon axe.

• Like 1

Maybe its part of the unlock progress system level up then u can choose weapons for each jason

Now that i looked at the Jason stat thread it does show they all have one weapon listed so im pretty sure we wont be able to choose weapons

7 hours ago, MelonWizard said:

I

J2 with pitchfork: 1:1

J3 with pitchfork: 1:24

J3 with a poker:1:38

Notice the J3 pitchfork is in the barn. I think that's an environmental weapon. Also, the J2 pitchfork kill looks like the kill we saw of the Savini Jason, so it would not surprise me if they actually were showing that off without revealing the Savini Jason.

Also the poker is not a poker. That's a marshmallow stick; it's an environmental kill beside campfires.

I hope we are able to swap weapons. J6 used a machete more than any other Jason in the series and J7 used the axe on at least 2 different kills, that I remember. Plus the image of J7 with the axe is engrained in my head from the image from the NES cover. If nothing else I hope that they at least give each Jason the choice to use the iconic machete.

f13-videogame-box.jpeg

• Like 1

I personally think that at release, we won't be able to swap weapons. I believe it's a matter of making sure that all of the Jason's have their weapon with the correct animations and stuff like that. Each jason is a bit different, and may need new animations to compensate for stuff we as players don't really notice. I'd say we will get an update after release that will allow different weapons, but at release I think they are focused on executions, and the execution of those executions being flawless! 

I also think that if at release we dont have weapon swap that we will probably get it in a update,i hardly believe that what we saw in those trailers (J3 using pitchfork or pickaxe and J2 using tribal spear) were just placeholders,it's probably not as difficult to take a certain Jason model and implement the mocap datas for a specific weapon (even Paul Phoenix did it with the models he took from the virtual cabin),the devs probably decided to go with 1 weapon per Jason for the release to test things out first,to make sure everything is stable,then once everything seem to work they will add in other weapons for every Jason in a patch/update.

If those are indeed placeholders,then what.s the point in having the pitchfork and tribal spear inside the virtual cabin then ? Shouldnt those be edited out since they wont be in the actual game ?

That's why the 'placeholders' argument doesnt make sense.

1 hour ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

That's why the 'placeholders' argument doesnt make sense.

Haven't thought about that. Good point. As you and apple stated, i believe each Jason will have one unique weapon per skin. I hope we'll eventually be able to swap but it does not look like it right now. It makes sense for part seven to use an axe or part nine to use a machete. Or hell especially three using a pitchfork. But it doesn't look like it at the moment. I wish they would be more clear on that but oh well.

Side note: The devils pitchfork is the only weapon that makes sense staying exclusive to one skin.