wes

Jason Stat Screen Revealed

11 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Traps, stun, beat, repeat.

The harder it is, the more fun and challenge it is.

:lol::lol::lol: It's not going to be that easy. If it was that easy do you not think the beta players in December would've figured it out, (they battered and battered a willing Jason player who stood there for an entire game length using the some of the tactics you mentioned... and no dead Jason) - or the developers would've worked out that potential flaw during their 10,000th playtest. It's obviously not as easy as a round of Streetfighter! :)

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

:lol::lol::lol: It's not going to be that easy. If it was that easy do you not think the beta players in December would've figured it out, (they battered and battered a willing Jason player who stood their for an entire game length using the some of the tactics you mentioned... and no dead Jason) - or the developers would've worked that out that potential flaw during their 10,000th playtest. It's obviously not as easy as a round of Streetfighter! :)

You keep saying it's not going to be easy... easy difficulty is for kids... that means nothing lol In Beta we could just keep wacking Jason every-time he picked up someone. Forcing him to slice... game is over very quickly and we just repeat. You seem to think that surviving overrides fun... it don't. During Beta it was hilarious seeing Jason's DC because the game was not under his control.

11 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Traps, stun, beat, repeat.

The harder it is, the more fun and challenging it is. Like i said... there no if's and but's... If he has a simple health point system... i am not running from him, if i die after hitting him, nothing lost, my team mates have a better chance (Especially when all 7 of of us all go the strongest councilor) and then we just coordinate on teamspeak. Rince and repeat. None of us are going to bother with stealth... all 7 going strongest Councillor and Cordinated on voice vs 1 random pubby Jason.

If I'm playing Jason you won't have a chance. Bring on the Buggzys >:D
You see a smart Jason player won't let councillors get the upper hand. Health pool or not, Jason still comes out on top, and if you wanna waste game after game only to die in the first 30 seconds than by all means 

Just now, dandop1984 said:

If I'm playing Jason you won't have a chance. Bring on the Buggzys >:D
You see a smart Jason player won't let councillors get the upper hand. Health pool or not, Jason still comes out on top, and if you wanna waste game after game only to die in the first 30 seconds than by all means 

Then we die in 30 seconds... We had fun. Are you when every game is like that for Jason!? lol

Just now, Babalonkie said:

You keep saying it's not going to be easy... easy difficulty is for kids... that means nothing lol In Beta we could just keep wacking Jason every-time he picked up someone. Forcing him to slice... game is over very quickly and we just repeat. You seem to think that surviving overrides fun... it don't.

soooooooo...you died. Keep trapping, smacking, and stunning. Easy mission accomplished for Jason and some quickly earned XP. :lol:

Then we die in 30 seconds... We had fun. Are you when every game is like that for Jason!? lol

Yes that seems like a great time playing Jason, and racking up that eazzzy XP >:D

7 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

soooooooo...you died. Keep trapping, smacking, and stunning. Easy mission accomplished for Jason and some quickly earned XP. :lol:

Grats on you... you got XP... still not going to change the exploit in game play. HP = Troll Jason... Last long or quick... that's still going to be the Meta and it will be reveled very early, when us Beta players do it to newcomers.

3 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Grats on you... you got XP... still not going to change the exploit in game play.

It's not an "exploit", :lol: it's just someone you quickly realise is shit at the game and is a nice opportunity to earn XP from. I wouldn't even view it as trolling, just someone who can't play the game. :) It's like playing GTA with a handgun and trying to take a tank down with it because you've realised the tank is destructible. I'd just laugh and end you. :lol:

• Like 4

Jason player being trolled: Kill everybody but one person via slashes. Stand still until last person runs off*. Slowly stalk them until they think they may win. Kill final person. Laugh as the rest of the players have to watch 18 minutes because they died super early. 

*If last person doesn't run off, shift away and play a weird take of hide and seek. 

6 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

It's not an "exploit", :lol: it's just someone you quickly realise is shit at the game and is a nice opportunity to earn XP from. I wouldn't even view it as trolling, just someone who can't play the game. :) It's like playing GTA with a handgun and trying to take a tank down with it because you've realised the tank is destructible. I'd just laugh and end you. :lol:

Only with HP Jason is not indestructible. I think you should add me on steam, you can be the Jason and il put the results up on youtube!?

Jason player being trolled: Kill everybody but one person via slashes. Stand still until last person runs off*. Slowly stalk them until they think they may win. Kill final person. Laugh as the rest of the players have to watch 18 minutes because they died super early. 

*If last person doesn't run off, shift away and play a weird take of hide and seek. 

Your assuming your playing with random people that want to survive over have fun.

Your assuming your playing with random people.

Well outside of a few buddies, that is going to be my case. I'm doubtful I'll have all my pals playing at once for "private" matches. 

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Well outside of a few buddies, that is going to be my case. I'm doubtful I'll have all my pals playing at once for "private" matches. 

But many people will. You will often join lobbies with people working together and then once others see a amusing technique or just gets bored... expect it to multiply. If you leave a option in a game and advertise it... it will be exploited.

But many people will. You will often join lobbies with people working together and then once others seen a amusing technique or just gets bored... expect it to multiply.

Well if they all try to kill me when I finally become Jason, I'm gonna kill a few to hopefully get them into running. Even if it's down to one player and I, I'm gonna milk my time as J. 

14 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Well if they all try to kill me when I finally become Jason, I'm gonna kill a few to hopefully get them into running. Even if it's down to one player and I, I'm gonna milk my time as J. 

But what if you are up against a group that don't care about dying? Either a quick game or a long tedious game... what if it becomes a common theme? if you say great good XP... XP means nothing if 8/10 games becomes hunting and trolling Jason. Think that will be fun after a week or two? Not using much of the Jason abilities, not running around, not hunting, not using special kills. it's a feature that could kill all other features of the game. it looks great on paper playing the game the way it's supposed to be played... but your supposed to account for people who find a different way of playing and either restricting it or removing it. Like Alien:isolation... it was scary and a challenge but only because you couldn't kill the Alien... I would not of found that game at all scary if i knew i could kill it.

3 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Only with HP Jason is not indestructible. I think you should add me on steam, you can be the Jason and il put the results up on youtube!?

Your assuming your playing with random people that want to survive over have fun.

I'm on PS4.

Nothing wrong with having fun...like you quite rightly say, you'll get bored quickly of dying all the time. Trying to "exploit" an "exploit" that isn't an "exploit". :lol: It'll just be a nice XP boost - all online games have players like that in the first few weeks. :lol: There's always a "Sesame Street demographic" at launch. If you're ever on GTA on PS4, give me a shout...I'll look out for you and your buddies - no doubt you'll be the lobby trying to shoot my fighter-jet out of the air with shotguns. :lol:    

• Like 2

Ahhh the grind... good times. Frustratingly tedious. This game is tons of fun, I would only grind if it's a much faster method to unlocking all the counselors. 

Once I have Tiffany I'll be good to go. 

31 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

But what if you are up against a group that don't care about dying? Either a quick game or a long tedious game... what if it becomes a common theme? if you say great good XP... XP means nothing if 8/10 games becomes hunting and trolling Jason. Think that will be fun after a week or two? Not using much of the Jason abilities, not running around, not hunting, not using special kills. it's a feature that could kill all other features of the game. it looks great on paper playing the game the way it's supposed to be played... but your supposed to account for people who find a different way of playing and either restricting it or removing it. Like Alien:isolation... it was scary and a challenge but only because you couldn't kill the Alien... I would not of found that game at all scary if i knew i could kill it.

I'm not getting ahead of myself as far as Jason having HP. I don't see him falling to hits. My comments are if my turn to be Jason comes up, and people attack me, I'll drag the game out until they D/C or until I've had my fun. 

*Posts reply on topic* *Comes back later to see a whole page of people arguing* This is probably just going to instil more arguing but... Babalonkie, the devs are fans of the movies, do you really think they'd implement a simple HP Bar for Jason where if it hits 0 he dies? No, they wouldn't, they've said in their playtests that it takes 100+ matches to successfully kill Jason, and they're the ones who MADE THE GAME, so we can expect it to take anywhere from 500+ matches too 1000+ matches (Note the + so it could be even longer) to successfully kill Jason, it will probably take months fot people to figure it out, and then it'll take co-operation, skill, and ALOT of luck to pull it off, so calm down and stop overreacting okay? On a side note, anyone got any ideas what the apple kill for J9 might be? As well as the far right-side kill J7 has equiped?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm not getting ahead of myself as far as Jason having HP. I don't see him falling to hits. My comments are if my turn to be Jason comes up, and people attack me, I'll drag the game out until they D/C or until I've had my fun. 

And they would do the same. You under estimate trolls.

*Posts reply on topic* *Comes back later to see a whole page of people arguing* This is probably just going to instil more arguing but... Babalonkie, the devs are fans of the movies, do you really think they'd implement a simple HP Bar for Jason where if it hits 0 he dies? No, they wouldn't, they've said in their playtests that it takes 100+ matches to successfully kill Jason, and they're the ones who MADE THE GAME, so we can expect it to take anywhere from 500+ matches too 1000+ matches (Note the + so it could be even longer) to successfully kill Jason, it will probably take months fot people to figure it out, and then it'll take co-operation, skill, and ALOT of luck to pull it off, so calm down and stop overreacting okay? On a side note, anyone got any ideas what the apple kill for J9 might be? As well as the far right-side kill J7 has equiped?

I am not here to cause trouble i am here to point out something i can see that's going to happen in certain circumstances on release. I have said my point. Myself and others will achieve nothing debating it. If it's there on release... i will show you all and there will be a "I told you so" attached lol

16 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

And they would do the same. You under estimate trolls.

I am not here to cause trouble i am here to point out something i can see that's going to happen in certain circumstances on release. I have said my point. Myself and others will achieve nothing debating it. If it's there on release... i will show you all and there will be a "I told you so" attached lol

Well to be fair, the games I play have means of dealing with trolls. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think that trolls will likely be dealt with here, too. 

10 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Well to be fair, the games I play have means of dealing with trolls. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think that trolls will likely be dealt with here, too. 

Vote Kick wont work if dealing with a group.

4 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Vote Kick wont work if dealing with a group.

I'm thinking more a system where people who are constantly reported for bad behavior may be dealt with or to have internal systems where certain actions have consequences. For example a game I play bans people who D/C. The first time may be 20 minutes. Do it often enough and you won't be playing for hours. To my understanding if your rep is bad enough, even the console may punish you. I believe I read that with a bad enough rep, you couldn't stream and possibly couldn't play with others. Though I may be wrong. 

Just now, Risinggrave said:

I'm thinking more a system where people who are constantly reported for bad behavior may be dealt with or to have internal systems where certain actions have consequences. For example a game I play bans people who D/C. The first time may be 20 minutes. Do it often enough and you won't be playing for hours. To my understanding if your rep is bad enough, even the console may punish you. I believe I read that with a bad enough rep, you couldn't stream and possibly couldn't play with others. Though I may be wrong. 

Rep will be tied to XP, ultimately not doing much in punishing people. Also you cant punish someone who is using built in assets correctly... even if it's breaking the META. Especially after someone pointed out the problem before release...

5 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Rep will be tied to XP, ultimately not doing much in punishing people. Also you cant punish someone who is using built in assets correctly... even if it's breaking the META. Especially after someone pointed out the problem before release...

I'm thinking more people who leave prior to when a game ends. Desertion. 

For example, I am Jason. Others attack me. No issues. No rules being broken. I kill all but one or two of the people not smart enough to run. Now they are stuck watching the game. If they desert there seems to be punishment in they don't get any accrued XP for the round. What if the next step is taken? Deserters who desert X games over a certain period can't play for Y hours.

Something that simple would help keep the trolls in check. At least in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm thinking more people who leave prior to when a game ends. Desertion. 

For example, I am Jason. Others attack me. No issues. No rules being broken. I kill all but one or two of the people not smart enough to run. Now they are stuck watching the game. If they desert there seems to be punishment in they don't get any accrued XP for the round. What if the next step is taken? Deserters who desert X games over a certain period can't play for Y hours.

Something that simple would help keep the trolls in check. At least in my opinion.

Yeah that has been/being addressed i believe. But you cant apply the same system as the game wont be able to detect it and a voting system will get abused. Also devs punishing people for "Out Witting" a Jason would be a deathbed for the game by critics and slowly the community..