wes

Jason Stat Screen Revealed

15 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Now that we have the stats for those Jason,might add what i think Part 4 stats would be if/once he's added after the game release.

positive: -can run (tough he will be a bit faster than part 2 and 3,making him the fastest of the Jason)

-either weapon strenght or grip strenght

-destruction (breaking walls/doors faster)

negatives: -slower shift cooldown (to better balance it out,since he's the fastest runner)

-less stun resistance

- less hp (Jason health condition was less good in Part 4 because of all the abuse he received from Part 2+3 and because it was a cold+stormy night)

So basically,this Jason would be for a more risky kind of playstyle,you can be agressive with him,but will be less good in a fight against counselors.

Great stats! I agree that J4 should be a bit faster than at least part 3, because Ted White runs like hell when he chases Trish in the end of The Final Chapter.

I like the destruction strength for savini jason helps for breaking down stuff early game before rage activates

2 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

So here is what i understood from those stats...

Part 2:This Jason is pretty much the hunter/trapper version,since he can put more traps and morph around the map a bit more.

Part 3:This Jason as a more agressive style tough he will need to be careful since he can get stun more often.

Part 6:This Jason also as a more agressive style but also is good at tracking peoples and long range attacks (cemetary pole as longer reach and he can throw more darts than the other Jason variants)

Part 7:This one im not sure wich type i should put him in,he's good at tracking peoples,good swimming speed,but i think his best point is his grip strenght,if he can get succeed in getting hold of a counselor of course.

Part 8:This one is kind of an hybrid,players can be quite sneaky with him.but they can also be more agressive if they want when it come to doors/walls,one thing for sure he's going to be very good at getting around when it come to cabins/buildings and water.

Part 9:This one is also an hybrid,players can be very sneaky especially if combining stalk with shift,but also quite agressive since because of shift and stun resistance,he's more of a ground type,by that i mean that he will be better in open space and cabins,but less good in water.

Tom Savini Jason:This one is pretty much full on agressive,he doesnt give a s*** about doors/walls,he will shift more often and his devil pitchfork do much more damage + since this is a spear type weapon it as a longer reach.

Great work, very much appreciated.

10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I don't think that would be meta anyway because Jason still seemingly cancels out all hits on him by simply grabbing the counselors and without a pocket knife...he wins since he can't be hit in the grab animation.

Like I said, we don't know. But you can choose to be pessimistic, I'll remain optimistic.

I thought if he grabs a counsellor and another counsellor hits him with a weapon he drops the counsellor? I've seen it happen in loads of gameplay videos. Is this not the case??

10 hours ago, HodderFodder said:

Destruction looks fun.

I'm not thrilled that 6 is the only one that starts with throwing knives. Those are what prevent looping/constant running, and if you have to scavenge for them by default that's going to be a pain.

While the "can't run" issue doesn't bother me as much, I dislike that 7 can't run AND has a slow Shift cooldown.

Agree, every Jason should start with some throwing Knives.

What is the difference between defense and less hit points? For what I can read, they are quite similar but I can be very wrong, of course.

Help me out with this.

Question: What's stalk?

Is that the ability that takes away the tense music and the Jason blip off of the map...or something?

Blimey, the Savini Jason is everything I wanted him to be pretty much. 

You'll notice that NONE of his powers are weak. His stalk, morph and sense are all normal. His shift is buffed though, so if he's on you, you're gonna have a bloody tough time getting away, ESPECIALLY with buffed weapon damage. If he comes at you shift stabbing, you better be able to escape fast or you're screwed. 

To top it off, you're not even going to be able to escape him by barricading the doors. If I remember correctly, it took about 3 attacks to break an unbarricaded, locked door. Probably about 5 to break a barricaded one. If we assume that with the destruction stat he can break an unbarricaded, locked door in 2 hits and a barricaded one in 3/4, it's literally only going to be about 10-15 seconds at most to escape. 

I think his grip strength weakness will be the only reprieve players will get when being chased, it's one of the few chances to escape (depending on which counsellor they're playing as). He'll be easy to outrun in a boat, but he'll probably still be fast enough to catch normal swimmers :)

AND what's even better is he suffers no kind of defensive debuffs and no trap or knife weaknesses, so he'll probably spawn with like 3/4 traps and at least 2 knives. 

• Like 1

^ His improved weapon damage means that softening up counselors with a couple of blows first will be a great idea, to weaken them and help off-set his weaker grip strength, rather than just trying to grab fresh people who can struggle better. So you can play that way and use one strength to help out a weakness.

I think he'll probably be slower in the water than swimmers, otherwise the negative stat would be pretty worthless. My thinking is that +Water Speed means quicker than the boat, which is goddamn scary, then I figure the un-mentioned neutral level for Water Speed is the same as swimmers, then -Water Speed is slower.

That'll be the hope against him, though water options will be limited. He's gonna be a tough one when he's on your heels.

14 hours ago, JasonVsWindows said:

This another reason I think Roy should be added in later. He could help balance out the human zombie thing a bit.'

Problem is Roy never ran in his film either. He was very much like the undead Jasons. Maybe you could give him a fast fast walk, which Part 6 should have as well.

Part 4 Jason ran though.

Lets just say for finality sake.

Lets say with a DLC or two, this was the final choosable villains

Pamela, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Roy, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10 and Savini. You're still talking about 4 running characters versus 7 that are undead/don't run. A bit more of an even ratio, but still sorta lopsided. I guess if they decided to add a teenage Jason, he could run. Which would make 5 who can run and 7 that can't. A bit more even.

15 hours ago, Babalonkie said:

Even if the HP is tied to killing him but only part of the requirement... i already know what i am going to try and do.. Lower his health and stun/trap him in the lake... and that's all i am going to try as a councilor.

What if your playing against good Jasons and you die 5 minutes into every match, because all you wanna do is try to kill him?

You just rage out, wait for Tommy or wait until the match is over, but I feel like your just assuming the devs are incompetent and won't see any developing gameplay, which is already contrary given the updates, the Jason players will all be terrible and this is going to be the meta of something we don't even know the details of yet.

4 hours ago, BertieB3 said:

I thought if he grabs a counsellor and another counsellor hits him with a weapon he drops the counsellor? I've seen it happen in loads of gameplay videos. Is this not the case??

You were seeing counselors escape his grab. I'm fairly certain in beta, he couldn't be stopped by other counselors when grabbing others. Obviously that might've changed since beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

You were seeing counselors escape his grab. I'm fairly certain in beta, he couldn't be stopped by other counselors when grabbing others. Obviously that might've changed since beta.

Thanks for the reply. If you go to 12:50 on this video you can see him hit Jason and he drops the counsellor. He even gets XP for hitting him. I've seen loads of videos of this happening. They can't all be escaping right at the same time he gets hit surely?? The counsellor isn't even struggling anymore either so it seems as if they weren't able to break free and jason was walking somewhere for an environment kill but was saved by the counsellor hitting Jason?

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Problem is Roy never ran in his film either. He was very much like the undead Jasons. Maybe you could give him a fast fast walk, which Part 6 should have as well.

Roy may have never ran in his movie but I don't think that really matters. He's still human so seeing him run wouldn't be as out of place as the zombie Jason's running.

I don't think we need to be quite that anal about movie details. If we were then only a remake Jason would be able to leave bear traps, Part 2 Jason would not be able to punch a hole in a man chest, and Part 9 wound't have that axe. I think it would be a bit foolish to make Roy like a majority of the other Jason's when you don't need to.

10 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

With Part 8 having a higher stalk,higher swiming speed and higher door/wall breaking,im sure splatterhouse and Bewareofbears are gonna enjoy playing their favorite Jason,even i actually feel even more appealed to play him now,Part 8 will be quite the sneaky bastard,doors/walls will be less a problem for him and counselors better start rowing fast once they try to escape with the boat.

(A reminder,my favorite human Jason are Part 3+4 and favorite zombie Jason are Part 6 and 8)

FYI the boat will be a motorboat not a row-boat, as in the XIII trailer Deborah was riding in a motorboat before Jason drowned her, the boat she was in is the boat that can be found in the item room of the virtual cabin.

I love it, and I love having more information before the game's release.

I have a doubt... What does mean "CP: 9,988,200"?

25 minutes ago, SurvivalGirl said:

I love it, and I love having more information before the game's release.

I have a doubt... What does mean "CP: 9,988,200"?

CP is used to buy things such as kills, they have 9,988,200 CP because they're the devs so they can buy everything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

your playing against good Jasons and you die 5 minutes into every match, because all you wanna do is try to kill him?

You just rage out, wait for Tommy or wait until the match is over, but I feel like your just assuming the devs are incompetent and won't see any developing gameplay, which is already contrary given the updates, the Jason players will all be terrible and this is going to be the meta of something we don't even know the details of yet.

IF a simple HP system is implemented for Jason... The fun challenge now is to kill him and work with 6 others on TeamSpeak... That IS what i am going to do, Dying means nothing lol

I am telling you what me and many others are going to do as councilors (IF it is believed that Jason has a simple Health point system regardless of the amount in the pool)... i am not saying "what if" and "what about this result", That IS the goal. What is for sure is it's going either be a fast boring game or a long annoying game for the Jason (Who we will make a Public Joiner), He will not get to stalk, He will not get to search, He will not get to tease, there will be zero role-playing, no panic chasing, he will not get to utilize any glory kills and would be the META until addressed, I would not go near playing as Jason with a barge pole until then.

1 hour ago, The Preppy Guy said:

FYI the boat will be a motorboat not a row-boat, as in the XIII trailer Deborah was riding in a motorboat before Jason drowned her, the boat she was in is the boat that can be found in the item room of the virtual cabin.

I made a mistake there,but it doesnt matter anyway,all im saying is that counselors will have to be very careful and hurry once they are in the boat,because Part 8 Jason gonna catch up to them pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, The Preppy Guy said:

CP is used to buy things such as kills, they have 9,988,200 CP because they're the devs so they can buy everything.

Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Actually as long as you caught him before he started a kill animation you could save your friends with a smack from a weapon.

37 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Actually as long as you caught him before he started a kill animation you could save your friends with a smack from a weapon.

Ahh, I thought you could. Thank you

i'll be playing this game with my brother and my plan was for us to stick together so if one of us got grabbed, the other could quickly free them by hitting Jason before he killed us, was worried I couldn't do that haha :) 

2 hours ago, Babalonkie said:

IF a simple HP system is implemented for Jason... The fun challenge now is to kill him and work with 6 others on TeamSpeak... That IS what i am going to do, Dying means nothing lol

I am telling you what me and many others are going to do as councilors (IF it is believed that Jason has a simple Health point system regardless of the amount in the pool)... i am not saying "what if" and "what about this result", That IS the goal. What is for sure is it's going either be a fast boring game or a long annoying game for the Jason (Who we will make a Public Joiner), He will not get to stalk, He will not get to search, He will not get to tease, there will be zero role-playing, no panic chasing, he will not get to utilize any glory kills and would be the META until addressed, I would not go near playing as Jason with a barge pole until then.

The devs have struggled to kill him on play-tests...they know the game like the back of their hands...and you think it's gonna be easy to kill him? :lol: :lol: Jason is deliberately over-powered so the chances are remote...and we already know he can't just be beaten down with a weapon as people have already all tried that in games during the beta with a willing victim Jason. There's obviously skill and luck and other elements involved. Chances are you won't end up pussy-assing it away from playing as Jason as you implied, as it obviously won't be that easy. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guy said:

Question: What's stalk?

Is that the ability that takes away the tense music and the Jason blip off of the map...or something?

Yes, that's right.

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

The devs have struggled to kill him on play-tests...they know the game like the back of their hands...and you think it's gonna be easy to kill him? :lol: :lol: Jason is deliberately over-powered so the chances are remote...and we already know he can't just be beaten down with a weapon as people have already all tried that in games during the beta with a willing victim Jason. There's obviously skill and luck and other elements involved. Chances are you won't end up pussy-assing it away from playing as Jason as you implied, as it obviously won't be that easy. :)

Traps, stun, beat, repeat.

The harder it is, the more fun and challenging it is. Like i said... there no if's and but's... If he has a simple health point system... i am not running from him, if i die after hitting him, nothing lost, my team mates have a better chance (Especially when all 7 of of us all go the strongest councilor) and then we just coordinate on teamspeak. Rince and repeat. None of us are going to bother with stealth... all 7 going strongest Councillor and Cordinated on voice vs 1 random pubby Jason.