wes

Jason Stat Screen Revealed

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

I thought so (and was hoping so myself) but their continued silence on the matter makes me think it is related to killing him. I would much prefer that its the level of damage he can take before being knocked down or stunned, with things like flares to the face and bear traps being an instant snare. 

Even if the HP is tied to killing him but only part of the requirement... i already know what i am going to try and do.. Lower his health and stun/trap him in the lake... and that's all i am going to try as a councilor.

Just now, HodderFodder said:

Their silence doesn't necessarily mean that. They're not telling us how stamina pool vs. stamina regen is figured. It could be as simple as "Wait and see". Maybe they plan on explaining that next week, or in a video, or just want people to buy the game first.

Hell, look how people reacted to the mention of HP on Jason in this thread, before they've even played the game. Maybe the devs just don't want to deal with the response until people actually have the game in their hands and can see for themselves.

Yeah that's why I "assume" it. They're not going to discuss it and if I try to it circles back around to the kill. So I'm hopping off that train at this stop. :) Catch you fellas in another discussion.

My guess is that  Jason hp is very, very high anyway. In the last day of the beta, me and the people I was playing with arranged a match where we tried to kill Jason. The person playing Jason chose part 2 because it was the one who had the "Defence" weakness and we all started taking turns hitting him until our weapons broke. We did that with every weapons we could find on the map until there was no weapon left. The only thing we managed to do with this was knocking his head sack off.

On the topic of the selection of Jasons (alive vs undead): For those who don't know, there was a poll for adding Jasons into the game - and the end result is what we now have. I do wish that IV was chosen over IX, but I understood how the design difference likely created that result (more people probably thought that a Part IV would be too redundant, compared to something completely different, like Part IX).

Anyway, I imagine we'll get Part IV eventually. I know that's who I'd vote for next, given the chance.

Also, on the subject of killing Jason...

Anyone that wants to target and come after Jason is going to get slaughtered by a capable Jason player. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I must say not to be a negative nancy. As I generally don't have too much of a problem with the Jason's various strengths and weaknesses and obviously they can be tweaked. Especially the ones I mentioned about Part 8 Jason having morph instead of stalk as a strength.

However, its painfully apparent how much Part 4 Jason is needed via DLC. Two human Jasons and Five Undead Jasons isn't a great ratio. Five Undead Jasons that in theory, should have variant speeds of fast walk and two undead Jasons that can run.

This another reason I think Roy should be added in later. He could help balance out the human zombie thing a bit.'

• Like 1

From my experience in beta. Jason's HP didn't actually do much, saying that it did:

• Determine when his mask would fall off
  • Determine how likely he was to fall down, not including luck/strength.

So...yeah, Jason does have HP, but he doesn't show it in any way. 

1 minute ago, Mr_Trapper said:

From my experience in beta. Jason's HP didn't actually do much, saying that it did:

• Determine when his mask would fall off
  • Determine how likely he was to fall down, not including luck/strength.

So...yeah, Jason does have HP, but he doesn't show it in any way. 

But so much has changed since the beta,and not been play-tested by the entire community,we don't know what was added/tweaked/changed etc. For example,if traps were in the beta,it wouldn't have taken very long to see that not being able to disarm them from the jump was a mistake. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

But so much has changed since the beta,and not been play-tested by the entire community,we don't know what was added/tweaked/changed etc. For example,if traps were in the beta,it wouldn't have taken very long to see that not being able to disarm them from the jump was a mistake. 

You are right, much has changed. But I doubt HP has changed ALL that much, and the beta experience is the closest thing we have to actual experience of HP.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Trapper said:

You are right, much has changed. But I doubt HP has changed ALL that much, and the beta experience is the closest thing we have to actual experience of HP.

But potentially everyone now knows they can just slap and trap him to death... Add a much larger player-base... and friends... add the option of slowly uneventfully sneaking around or having fun trying to kill Jason... You have a obvious META. One thing is for sure... Jason players are not going to have fun falling onto their back every time they engage a tight group and it's certainly not Friday the 13th to see Jason spending most of his time on his ass.

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

Part VIII doesn't have morph as a strength.

Sack head does.

Wat?

He can still Morph as all Jason's can, however there is no positive or negative effect to his Morph ability. There's no reason to put it on the list if there is no +/- to the ability.

6 minutes ago, Blackjac said:

He can still Morph as all Jason's can, however there is no positive or negative effect to his Morph ability. There's no reason to put it on the list if there is no +/- to the ability.

I get that completely. But the way Jason excessively "morphed" in Part VIII,to the point where it was almost comical,makes +Morph the most obvious stat for any of the Jasons. It should definitely be on the list as a +

I've seen the movies more times than I'd like to admit (like many around here I'm sure),and I can't see a case being made for sackhead having a + in morph and Part VIII having "normal" morph.

27 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I get that completely. But the way Jason excessively "morphed" in Part VIII,to the point where it was almost comical,makes +Morph the most obvious stat for any of the Jasons. It should definitely be on the list as a +

I've seen the movies more times than I'd like to admit (like many around here I'm sure),and I can't see a case being made for sackhead having a + in morph and Part VIII having "normal" morph.

I prefer J8 having high stalk over morph, as it's essentially a different way to get the jump on people.

We have yet to try out the stalk feature, so I don't think most people realize how powerful that ability might actually be.

J8 will still be appearing in places unexpectedly because of Stalk.

10 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

J8 will still be appearing in places unexpectedly because of Stalk.

Touche.

I still think his morph should be a strength,but I can't argue your logic.

• Like 1

Destruction - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.

Okay that's fucking cool... I wonder how effective it is? Jason used to take 6ish swings to down a barricade and 3 to down an unlocked or weak(Higgins) door.

So what? 1/3rd Faster smash speed? 4 hits on a barricaded door or so? That's a pretty fucking big buff considering how much time you take smashing doors.

36 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Destruction - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.

Okay that's fucking cool... I wonder how effective it is? Jason used to take 6ish swings to down a barricade and 3 to down an unlocked or weak(Higgins) door.

So what? 1/3rd Faster smash speed? 4 hits on a barricaded door or so? That's a pretty fucking big buff considering how much time you take smashing doors.

Especially since alot of people don't know you can hold down the button to make it go faster

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Preppy Guy said:

Especially since alot of people don't know you can hold down the button to make it go faster

shhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

Nice, love these updates as my anticipation of launch day approaches. Thanks for my 35th birthday present this year devs :)

With Part 8 having a higher stalk,higher swiming speed and higher door/wall breaking,im sure splatterhouse and Bewareofbears are gonna enjoy playing their favorite Jason,even i actually feel even more appealed to play him now,Part 8 will be quite the sneaky bastard,doors/walls will be less a problem for him and counselors better start rowing fast once they try to escape with the boat.

(A reminder,my favorite human Jason are Part 3+4 and favorite zombie Jason are Part 6 and 8)

6,8 and TSJ all seem sick.

We will have to wait until the game launches to get a picture on how much or little these will effect gameplay.

Honestly I hope the differences between Jasons feel major. Id like picking a mastering and certain Jason to have some weight to it.

• Like 1

So here is what i understood from those stats...

Part 2:This Jason is pretty much the hunter/trapper version,since he can put more traps and morph around the map a bit more.

Part 3:This Jason as a more agressive style tough he will need to be careful since he can get stun more often.

Part 6:This Jason also as a more agressive style but also is good at tracking peoples and long range attacks (cemetary pole as longer reach and he can throw more darts than the other Jason variants)

Part 7:This one im not sure wich type i should put him in,he's good at tracking peoples,good swimming speed,but i think his best point is his grip strenght,if he can get succeed in getting hold of a counselor of course.

Part 8:This one is kind of an hybrid,players can be quite sneaky with him.but they can also be more agressive if they want when it come to doors/walls,one thing for sure he's going to be very good at getting around when it come to cabins/buildings and water.

Part 9:This one is also an hybrid,players can be very sneaky especially if combining stalk with shift,but also quite agressive since because of shift and stun resistance,he's more of a ground type,by that i mean that he will be better in open space and cabins,but less good in water.

Tom Savini Jason:This one is pretty much full on agressive,he doesnt give a s*** about doors/walls,he will shift more often and his devil pitchfork do much more damage + since this is a spear type weapon it as a longer reach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Part 6 Jason still looks all kinds of fucked up. :) Apparently he has no neck either.

Who needs a neck when you have throwing knives?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

Who needs a neck when you have throwing knives?

I'm sure his ass is perfect though... :P

• Like 2

Now that we have the stats for those Jason,might add what i think Part 4 stats would be if/once he's added after the game release.

positive: -can run (tough he will be a bit faster than part 2 and 3,making him the fastest of the Jason)

-either weapon strenght or grip strenght

-destruction (breaking walls/doors faster)

negatives: -slower shift cooldown (to better balance it out,since he's the fastest runner)

-less stun resistance

- less hp (Jason health condition was less good in Part 4 because of all the abuse he received from Part 2+3 and because it was a cold+stormy night)

So basically,this Jason would be for a more risky kind of playstyle,you can be agressive with him,but will be less good in a fight against counselors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

With Part 8 having a higher stalk,higher swiming speed and higher door/wall breaking,im sure splatterhouse and Bewareofbears are gonna enjoy playing their favorite Jason,even i actually feel even more appealed to play him now,Part 8 will be quite the sneaky bastard,doors/walls will be less a problem for him and counselors better start rowing fast once they try to escape with the boat.

(A reminder,my favorite human Jason are Part 3+4 and favorite zombie Jason are Part 6 and 8)

He's just about perfect but I have to agree with thatdudescott that morph not being buffed is odd. It was kind of a no-brainer. It looks like we got 'Destruction' in it's place as well as the enhanced stalk as compensation. He seems more stealth based and that suits the play-style I was hoping to have for him. 'Destruction' is an odd choice when he could have been *the* stealth Jason.

All in all though- he has the best character model, he's set up near-perfect. He should be a blast to use. :)