FEARLESSHUNTER

Should consoles get or need a beta?

Ok i know what you are all thinking clicking on this "oh no not someone else pestering for a console beta" but that is not the reason why im writing this topic, im doing it because i think it might send more hype for the game. im just gonna give a few examples right now, back in 2015 there was a game that was highly anticipated by everyone and that game was of course star wars battlefront. Back then i was not a star wars fan at all and i didnt even know there was a game for star wars coming out XD. However i will never forget when i booted up my Xbox to see that on the home page there was a beta for it, me being quite bored that day was like "ok lets try it out its free so its win win if it sucks i didn't pay for it" and when i played it well lets just say a new star wars fan was born.

But enough about star wars lets get on with the real matter i have a lot of friends who love Friday the 13th but strangely didn't even know a game for it was coming out, the ones that did know were like "im not gonna buy it until theirs a free trial or a beta." Even my friends who dont really know much about Friday the 13th said it looked interesting but were unsure if they would buy it or not. Now dont get me wrong i have complete faith in Gun media and i am positive they will bring out a game that us fans will cherish for quite a long time but if they did bring out a console beta it could hint at console gamers to try it out. Now i know what some of you are thinking, "well the game is only a month away surely they could wait for a review"? Well my friends are a bit stingy with there money and like to play it for themselves before buying, and i know the game is so close but i reckon a lot more copy's will sell if console players can try for themselves as the only gameplay we got from streamers was the PC beta and lets be a tad honest the beta was a bit buggy. Me personally i can manage without a beta.

Anyway sorry if it was a little long XD

FEARLESSHUNTER    

Would i have liked a beta for ps4? Hell yeah! Am i mad about it?  No.  I still got to watch streamers and gameplay.  Would it have helped with sales?  Probably.  Hard to say.  But, what i can say is hardcore horror fans like myself will buy and support this game no matter what.  Even if it is just to add to a horror collection.  Casual gamers who don't even know what Friday the 13th is?....well, there are plenty of other games for them.  So, should there have been a console beta? Would have been nice bit not a necessity.   Still gonna be awesome.  If Gun was AAA, I'd probably definitely say yes as they would have had the expendable cash, but that beta cost a lot to run from what i hear. 

Well the major point of beta testing is to point out major flaws before the game is finished, as it's an expensive process; 5,000 dollars per day per server according to the devs, they could only really afford the beta for the PC back in December. It was a 7 day endeavor, so about 30,000 dollars to uncover any direct ailing bugs. I assume they used the PC version as a way to investigate problems on Consoles because the console beta process was probably a lot more expensive I don't know. Since the game release date has been announced there is no real need for beta testing anymore. It was never about getting to play early, it was about fixing problems so that a product is not delivered broken.

You became a Star Wars fan from playing the beta to Battlefront...?  That's like becoming a Nirvana fan cause you liked an interview they did in Rolling Stone...

This topic will be closed since this is a topic that has heavily been discussed in the past.

A console beta is not something that is going to happen. The resources available would not be able to branch off to work on a beta release for each platform. Also with a release date of 05/26/17 it would never make it through the certification process by the time one was ready to launch and at that point there is no need for a beta. Doing a console beta costs money and requires the already small team to branch off and work on it. This is not something that can happen.