I have a theory on how to kill Jason. I've played it out in my head a lot. It's hard too pull off and the worst part is that it requires Jason to play a part in. Meaning, it's not just something just the campers do. So a wise Jason will not die.

It's really best to just make peace with the fact that Jason being killed is going to be plastered around even likely on Day One. Streamers or no streamers.

People will collude, people will game the system, people will even go so far as to datamine and rip stuff out to get it going. It will happen.
It's a pure result of the instant response social media world we live in now, one of the main negatives.

For me, the real achievement is going to be doing it myself. Whenever that happens, even if it takes a long time.

And yeah, stay away especially from Related Videos on Youtube, for one thing!

3 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It's really best to just make peace with the fact that Jason being killed is going to be plastered around even likely on Day One. Streamers or no streamers.

People will collude, people will game the system, people will even go so far as to datamine and rip stuff out to get it going. It will happen.
It's a pure result of the instant response social media world we live in now, one of the main negatives.

For me, the real achievement is going to be doing it myself. Whenever that happens, even if it takes a long time.

And yeah, stay away especially from Related Videos on Youtube, for one thing!

Probably not going to happen in random games. It would take a private session and a simple way around it is to make private games unable to kill Jason.

Hmm...might seem a bit unfair on the Private game players? Especially since that's where people are going to get their real parties and friends together to social and play.

It could be perceived as that. But in life's bigger picture the unfairness is minor. I guess it depends on how bad they want Jason deaths to be epic in nature. They could also rotate the death requirements randomly through games so information only applies to that specific play.

Well like it or not a bunch Streamers I have on me friends list are in game right now. Between me and my friends theirs about 7 folks between our lists playing the game at the moment.

Honestly... I kinda wanna watch them so the time til Friday passes faster!

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Clearly I'm not your demographic.

Not everyone has to like your videos, deal with it. I watched one of yours, then went to find different ones a few minutes later. I could tell you what I really think but I don't really fancy having a warning off the mods. 

Yeah dude, cool your jets.. you obviously have negativity that you seriously need to deal with on your own time.. not here on the forums. 
Take your *issues* somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Ria67 said:

From what I've read (and I could be wrong), you both have to fulfill certain conditions AND actually carry out the kill... Something the devs have said they could only do 1 outta 75 tries. I can understand having some concern, but I wouldn't be too worried... At least not until the game's been out for about a week ?

With game on preload people are gonna datamine it tonight most likely and streamers will likely try out whatever info is found.

I would not even remotely be surprised if how to kill Jason is figured out before Friday thanks to the datamining.

Also keep in mind some of these streamers have already been playing for weeks/months and may already know how to do it to begin with by this point.

6 hours ago, JPops said:

I think that's a wise decision. I personally don't understand the concern of spoilers. If you don't want to see anything until launch then don't watch streams. I just don't see where the negativity is originating from. We are so close to release there is no need for anger towards anyone or any group. We made it this far and the wait is almost over. It's all gonna be all right!

It's not about spoilers for me, it's about the way streamers act. 

2 hours ago, Laphin said:

Yeah dude, cool your jets.. you obviously have negativity that you seriously need to deal with on your own time.. not here on the forums. 
Take your *issues* somewhere else.

Why 'serious'? Does the fact I dislike you have major repercussions for me? No, it's not 'serious' at all. You're just gonna have to deal with people like me, I don't like your stuff but I didn't specifically say "I hate Laphin". My post applied to your videos as much as it does most other streamers. You're not as bad as some of them but still. Suck it up and deal with it, there's nastier people out there to contend with than me. You know what I think so unless it's important to you, forget it and carry on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ikarikh said:

With game on preload people are gonna datamine it tonight most likely and streamers will likely try out whatever info is found.

I would not even remotely be surprised if how to kill Jason is figured out before Friday thanks to the datamining.

Also keep in mind some of these streamers have already been playing for weeks/months and may already know how to do it to begin with by this point.

Yeah, not gonna lie... Forgot datamining's a thing you can do pretty easily with the right knowledge. So I'll absolutely give you that point. Now knowledge of how to do it might not make that task any easier. That's my hope, at least. That being said, I'll concede that your fears of spoilers are more rational than I gave credit for initially.

I will say to your last point, the build they'll be playing/streaming is different than the beta build. So while the core gameplay will be the same, certain tools and features will either be new or tweaked. Unless they have or had access since the beta... In which case, I'm totally wrong :P

3 hours ago, ikarikh said:

This guy's on my page. I said this a while back. If how to kill the big guy isn't obscurely hidden, it will be data-mined by the first day if not sooner. And I know the devs said they could only pull it off 1 in like 70 tries knowing the how, but with all due respect to the devs, they aren't the community at large. And as the community proved during the beta, they play in many ways they, the devs, self-admitting, never thought of. 

Week 1 will be interesting.

4 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Its certainly possible... but as an online game it was only a matter of time anyway. As soon as the data was public this was bound to happen.

The thing about killing Jason is that even if you know how, its probibly going to be REALLY hard to do organically. I'm assuming its going to probibly have some RNG elements to even being able to attempt it in the first place. (Probably a required item to start the process hidden in the camp)

I have a feeling that killing Jason is going to be one of those things that everyone wants to see once, but after that its going to be too much of a pain in the ass to try in do via normal game play. Escaping will probibly be infinitely more obtainable.

If the devs where REALLY smart they would of made the process pseudo random. Have multiple ways to do it, but you don't know the requirements until you find them out in that specific match. That would be REALLY cool.

3 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

If the devs where REALLY smart they would of made the process pseudo random. Have multiple ways to do it, but you don't know the requirements until you find them out in that specific match. That would be REALLY cool.

That is the best bet for longevity. If there are five ways total to kill Jason and you pick wrong? No dice. Either flip the script and escape or start another kill method and hope it's correct.

15 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

That is the best bet for longevity. If there are five ways total to kill Jason and you pick wrong? No dice. Either flip the script and escape or start another kill method and hope it's correct.

And with this being Jason we're talking about, a second chance may not be a viable option

12 minutes ago, Ria67 said:

And with this being Jason we're talking about, a second chance may not be a viable option

With this being Jason we're talking about, any chance may not be a viable option. 

And that's fine with me. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 11:19 PM, Ban_All_Music said:

I am in the same boat with you. It is like when people call a pop star singing another's person's song an "artist." They are vocalists. Which is the exact definition of what they do. I would call streamers like Delirious "comedic entertainment." I personally enjoy Delirious, but to think of putting him in the same category of someone like Stanley Kubrick(or any genius artist in the various mediums of art) is a joke in itself. 

I think it all comes down to creativity an individual intends and what that individual considers themselves. I doubt many streamers or sportscasters consider themselves artists, but there are some that transcend the genre or add an artfulness to their work. I'm totally down with a pop star who doesn't write their own songs considering themselves artists. Yes, some are just straight up entertainers, but many are very creative and artful in their contributions - their voice is an instrument, like any other, and how they apply it is key to the quality of a song. I'm a singer-songwriter, and I consider myself an artist by virtue of my primary desire to create above all other motivations, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to discount the artistry of someone who doesn't write songs when even beyond their vocals, there are many ways they can express their creativity - through visual arts, performing, etc. I guess it really is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure we as outside parties are in a position to state who is an artist and who isn't, but that's just my two cents. Like art itself, everybody has a different take on it. ?

9 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

I think it all comes down to creativity an individual intends and what that individual considers themselves. I doubt many streamers or sportscasters consider themselves artists, but there are some that transcend the genre or add an artfulness to their work. I'm totally down with a pop star who doesn't write their own songs considering themselves artists. Yes, some are just straight up entertainers, but many are very creative and artful in their contributions - their voice is an instrument, like any other, and how they apply it is key to the quality of a song. I'm a singer-songwriter, and I consider myself an artist by virtue of my primary desire to create above all other motivations, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to discount the artistry of someone who doesn't write songs when even beyond their vocals, there are many ways they can express their creativity - through visual arts, performing, etc. I guess it really is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure we as outside parties are in a position to state who is an artist and who isn't, but that's just my two cents. Like art itself, everybody has a different take on it. ?

As a fellow musician- I disagree to an extent. There is an "art" to singing but at the same time it can be accomplished by learning exactly how to do it, not organically developing the talent, paint-by-numbers approach. Some singers are purely musicians and not every musician is an artist. Playing music can be the equivalent of doing tax returns for some people. Anyway...

Streamers aren't artists in general. That's a given that doesn't require much debate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

As a fellow musician- I disagree to an extent. There is an "art" to singing but at the same time it can be accomplished by learning exactly how to do it, not organically developing the talent, paint-by-numbers approach. Some singers are purely musicians and not every musician is an artist. Playing music can be the equivalent of doing tax returns for some people. Anyway...

Streamers aren't artists in general. That's a given that doesn't require much debate.

I ran out of likes, but great to see another musician on here. Don't get me wrong, I agree that not all musicians are artists  - for instance, I think a lot of classical musicians really rely on the 1's and 0's of sheet music and don't really like to divert from that. It doesn't take away from the quality of their work, but I'm sure even they don't consider themselves artists. 

I hope I don't sound flowery... I just try to find the creativity and artistry in everyone, even if it's just a small amount. Not all can fit the bill, that's a given, but I wish all people would take time to enjoy artistic endeavors. :) Artists make everything better.

4 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

I ran out of likes, but great to see another musician on here. Don't get me wrong, I agree that not all musicians are artists  - for instance, I think a lot of classical musicians really rely on the 1's and 0's of sheet music and don't really like to divert from that. It doesn't take away from the quality of their work, but I'm sure even they don't consider themselves artists. 

I hope I don't sound flowery... I just try to find the creativity and artistry in everyone, even if it's just a small amount. Not all can fit the bill, that's a given, but I wish all people would take time to enjoy artistic endeavors. :) Artists make everything better.

Your optimism is appreciated. I'm a writer. We are known to be the happiest people on earth and never criticize anyone. 

19 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Musician here too, and I couldn't agree more.

1 minute ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Your optimism is appreciated. I'm a writer. We are known to be the happiest people on earth and never criticize anyone. 

Do you mean your a songwriter? or you also write fiction? and yeah, hahah...we are truly superior people with no judgment against others and totally even tempers! :D

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

It's not about spoilers for me, it's about the way streamers act. 

Why 'serious'? Does the fact I dislike you have major repercussions for me? No, it's not 'serious' at all. You're just gonna have to deal with people like me, I don't like your stuff but I didn't specifically say "I hate Laphin". My post applied to your videos as much as it does most other streamers. You're not as bad as some of them but still. Suck it up and deal with it, there's nastier people out there to contend with than me. You know what I think so unless it's important to you, forget it and carry on.

Nastier people than you??  I couldn't give any shits about you bro.. but nice to see you try to put yourself on a pedestal, I hope that works out for you. 

6 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Oddly enough the one guy I knew who became a writer was probably the most positive person I've known. He's got kids now... I'm sure that's changed his outlook. ;)

14 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Like Ban, I appreciate your optimism. I've become jaded. I definitely encourage creativity where I see it but I refrain from encouraging all and any creativity because some of it is just forced, done solely for money or to fit a social persona. On the subject of money though- if you're good at something, never do it for free. Or however that line from the Joker goes.

12 minutes ago, Skynyrd said:

Musician here too, and I couldn't agree more.

Nice. :)