10 hours ago, Invictus said:

...Do you guys just blatantly ignore what the developers state in the forums when they post here? It's not BIG NAME YOUTUBERS that are getting early access just for the sake of getting early access. It's YouTube Influencers who have a platform (whether big or small) built on quality material WHO HAVE ALSO contributed to the development of the F13 game WITHOUT trying to get something out of the developers. The aren't giving it to BIG NAME INTERNET CELEBS-- they're giving it to FANS of the game who can help raise awareness of the game with the careers they have chosen to do and the platform they have. They're letting people WHOSE JOB IT IS TO BE AN INTERNET INFLUENCE actually do that to serve their purpose and spread more awareness of F13 to people who may not have heard about it otherwise.

Can they give access to everyone? Assuming Sony/Microsoft DO actually have everything ready, then sure. Would you be happy? Sure. Would it be productive? No. Releasing it to everyone without additional advertising puts the game in a position to fail within the first year given that there's a hefty cost to keep servers alive. What the fuck do you want more-- the ability to play the game for a year and then have it fail due to a lack of funds, or the ability to play it for years to come knowing that funding was secure and that advertising happened in the time it needed to happen before the release to generate further hype? If it's the latter, then stop your fucking complaining and just wait a few weeks.

And, furthermore (jesus fucking christ) have any of you snowflakes ever even made a game before? Are you in the entertainment industry? Do you know the ins and outs of creating a game? What about the intricate legal process behind it that you can't share because of intricate legal processes? 

Yes, I know the Beta is on YouTube, but not everyone knows the Beta footage (a beta that the developers didn't even have to release) is even on YouTube-- just in the same way all of you guys don't know there are particular videos on YouTube that were posted months ago that you haven't seen. I bet just earlier today someone saw a video that was posted a year ago that they didn't even know existed.

TL;DR - What the developers are doing (early access for the sake of advertising and securing funds) is something that every development company does, especially for Let's Players. If you can't grasp that it's a very simple process that is going to ensure the game has funding to keep servers live for a few years, then just... promise me you won't procreate because you're obviously a level of stupid that I'm just not even able to comprehend.

On a more positive note: None of you have any power to change the developers mind when it comes to how they choose to release and advertise a game they made. So, please, just be patient and wait a few weeks for the game to release. I promise that your complaining won't make anything go faster, it's just going to make you mad.

This......so much this....thank you!

• Like 1

This I think is why people are kind of upset. Many here supported this game from the beginning. Not just with money but with word of mouth. People here bought cabin keys to give away. Posted on facebook and twitter and forums. Got the word out. Lots of people here were the ones that GOT it to the point to where streamers were interested. Lots of people here were on board from the very beginning. 

Ever see Rocky V? I think some people feel like Rocky. He trained Tommy. He got him to the big time. He loved him from the beginning. Once Tommy got wwhat he wanted from Rocky .... he didnt have any use for him anymore and only wanted his rich friends. 

Kinda feels like Gun doesnt need the little guys anymore. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

This I think is why people are kind of upset. Many here supported this game from the beginning. Not just with money but with word of mouth. People here bought cabin keys to give away. Posted on facebook and twitter and forums. Got the word out. Lots of people here were the ones that GOT it to the point to where streamers were interested. Lots of people here were on board from the very beginning. 

Ever see Rocky V? I think some people feel like Rocky. He trained Tommy. He got him to the big time. He loved him from the beginning. Once Tommy got wwhat he wanted from Rocky .... he didnt have any use for him anymore and only wanted his rich friends. 

Thank you! This is a great post.

3 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Here's the thing. I don't think they're going to be getting 24/7 early access like everyone seems to thinks. A "very common" practice in the gaming industry these days is for a game that's on the road to release to work with a few streamers to help get the word out and preview some of the gameplay. This often is not done with a 24/7 unlimited early access free for all play but rather in a contained block of time that more often than not includes either developers or PR people as part of that event. It can be something as simple as a single day of 8 hours where the devs and the streamers play while streaming to show off what's new and how it's played or it can be broken up in multiple individual groups over a set time. That is usually the end of it.

So if it's as I expect it's more than likely something like that, and not what everyone is going psycho banana nuts over. Instead it'll be a play session over a day or two probably that results in some extra gameplay footage on Twitch, YouTube, and probably reports from other traditional gaming outlets. Purely promotional. :)

Don't worry fellas, no one is going to kill Jason on the livestream. Even Gun knows what a goof that would be.

The only streamers/youtubers I can handle for F13 are Charmin and Laphin. Their videos are good / informative without being annoying in any way. That's all I look for in these kinds of videos. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Invictus said:

Gonna throw this out there again since you guys obviously don't listen: Early access is going out to the backers, they just happen to be YouTubers as well.

Then send me my xbox code so i can post some videos , because i have a youtube account.  <-i mean thats all you need right?

Well ... we shall see.

I do feel like Gun has been a little shady with us lately. Am I mad about May? No, not really. They have to do what they have to do. They sure enough know that most people dont consider it early 2017 though. They shoulda just been straight with us. Hey guys, it's taking longer for certification than we thought, so EARLY 2017 may not happen. Nothing we can do about it. We'll get it to you as soon as we can.

Something that simple woulda been better than sticking adamantly to the early 2017.

However, they have to do what they think is best for sales. I get it and I wish them well. I may disagree, but it isnt my game. I stand to lose nothing if the game flops. They do. So I cant be mad at them for trying to drive sales as they see fit. Like I said, I'll get upset if the game is spoiled for the rest of us or if the streamers get to keep their XP. Aside from that, it doesnt affect me except some people get the toy before I do. And we all want our toy.

• Like 1

Instead of beating around the bush like they did with EARLY 2017 they could tell us what the early release entails instead of not saying anything and continue to piss everybody off 

12 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

you nailed it with the rocky impression, remember the fight at the end i feel like this is reason for the fight/debate about whats going on.

Looks like the only youtube personality I follow,Angry Joe,has a Friday The 13th review planned this month. Should be entertaining.

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

Looks like the only youtube personality I follow,Angry Joe,has a Friday The 13th review planned this month. Should be entertaining.

Why would you follow him?

Dude is beyond played out / annoying. Being "angry" is just about the lamest shtick you can have on the internet.

You should check out @CharminEXSoft and @Laphin. They're actually dedicated to this game and make great content.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Dude is beyond played out / annoying. Being "angry" is just about the lamest shtick you can have on the internet.

You should check out @CharminEXSoft and @Laphin. They're actually dedicated to this game and make great content.

Ohmwrecker is pretty good too.  At least I thought so. Had a few laughs. Most of the other beta videos people have done are just screaming.  

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:
Just now, Gdain said:

Ohmwrecker is pretty good too.  At least I thought so. Had a few laughs. Most of the other beta videos people have done are just screaming.  

Not familliar...I'll look him up.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:22 AM, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Little overdramatic don't you think? They're not pulling away our copies and only giving them to youtube people, they're just releasing a handful of copies a few days early. I hate to break it to you, but people get early release copies of big releases all the time. Publicity can be a big sales booster. Them giving away a few copies so some youtube personalities can give their game a little free advertising is probably the smartest move they can make from a marketing perspective.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Little overdramatic don't you think? They're not pulling away our copies and only giving them to youtube people, they're just releasing a handful of copies a few days early. I hate to break it to you, but people get early release copies of big releases all the time. Publicity can be a big sales booster. Them giving away a few copies so some youtube personalities can give their game a little free advertising is probably the smartest move they can make from a marketing perspective.

What's interesting here is the fact that the game will obviously be "Live" early, and they'll obviously need a decent number of streamers getting early access if they expect to get some gameplay out there. Unless they're gonna do a small group of streamers and those guys will do private matches...

34 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

No disrespect to the ones you listed,I'm not big on streamers in general especially ones that spend hours rehashing the same stuff. I like his actual reviews,I'm not big on watching people play. Been following Angry Joe for a while now though and I like how he doesn't sugar coat things to play nice with the developers. He's always honest with no other motives. I will love this game no matter what,but I would go to someone like Joe for an honest review,and not the streamers who are eating at Gun's lunch table ;)

That's why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

No disrespect to the ones you listed,I'm not big on streamers in general. I like his actual reviews,I'm not big on watching people play. Been following Angry Joe for a while now though and I like how he doesn't sugar coat things to play nice with the developers.

That's why.

I can respect that. I'd be the same way. I just don't like how he goes nuts to live up to his "persona".

(Saw on the discord today that Angry Joe apparently stopped responding to e-mails from Gun after initial contact, so he won't be receiving a free review copy)

• Like 1

Just now, AldermachXI said:

I can respect that. I'd be the same way. I just don't like how he goes nuts to live up to his "persona".

To be honest,his current bitching about how youtube comments are getting to him,is very off putting. 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, JPops said:

Jason, 

I am unsure why this comes as a surprise. This is an industry norm and because they are indie developers they should not adhere to industry standards? Both large and small video game companies release items early. Every game, console, ect is sent to streamers. The difference here is gun is selecting streamers based upon quality and not quantity. Large companies pander to only the big names. Is it unfair when that happens? Maybe, but it is just the way things are. Nintendo releases switch consoles weeks ahead of launch to streamers, media and big names of social media. Those units were gratis and there was not enough consoles at launch for demand. Is it fair to forego getting a product into a paying customers hand over a free unit issued? Well that's open to debate. Exposure is a huge selling point and with a game like this which is server bases exposure is what will keep servers up and running. I saw another post you made citing a couple people who were concerned about long term support. That is a couple of people's opinion and you made a generalization from that conversation that the game is doing bad. How can you be concerned about the games longevity yet shun exposure to multitudes of people? I know you are bitter because they may be "further" than you. Come release but you must also keep in mind a few points. 1) progress does not give you a competitive edge in this game and 2) it's server based. Limited players = longer load times and match making. It's not going to be this bonanza of non stop game play like you are assuming it will be. Things like this are to let people go in, kick the tires a bit and make an informed opinion so that when launch day comes reviews and content can be shared. In essence this is the way things have been done for a very long time. I am sorry you feel slighted or mistreated but that is no ones intention and you seem to be taking it personally. The game will be here soon and you will see that there is no catastrophic consequences to letting a select few create some advertisement for the product. 

You handled that exquisitely. Completely professional and as one who was a little miffed I have to admit i'm not any longer and I sincerely believe you to be doing what's in the best interest of the game. Kudos!

2 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

To be honest,his current bitching about how youtube comments are getting to him,is very off putting. 

To be fair, guy has almost 3 million subs. Have to imagine just how many people that means wake up each day with the sole intent of taking a dump on him. Doesn't matter how thick a skin you develop, when you have thousands upon thousands of people (maybe way more than that factoring the troll pop) calling you every name in the book and crapping on everything you do, it's going to wear you a bit thin, even with the backing of your most ardent supporters.

Asking a serious question ... not trying to be facetious in any way.

If they are going to allow select streamers to play the game early for advertising, why not just allow those people who pre-ordered the game to have early access at the same time?  More people playing, more streaming, more opportunity for people to see the product, more potential revenue.  Would they lose money somehow by having everyone play due to the server load?  Are they worried that streamers who aren't as popular may do more harm than good somehow?  Not trying to be a shit ... I am seriously wondering why.

Personally, I don't mind popular or select streamers getting early access, or even free copies of the game.  I think the end result will be what they are hoping to get out of it.  But given the circumstances that this was a Kickstarter project that experienced a couple delays, I guess I do not understand why those individuals do not at least get to play at the same time as the YT'ers or Twitch people since their copy is already paid for.  ?

11 minutes ago, Kangle said:

Asking a serious question ... not trying to be facetious in any way.

If they are going to allow select streamers to play the game early for advertising, why not just allow those people who pre-ordered the game to have early access at the same time?  More people playing, more streaming, more opportunity for people to see the product, more potential revenue.  Would they lose money somehow by having everyone play due to the server load?  Are they worried that streamers who aren't as popular may do more harm than good somehow?  Not trying to be a shit ... I am seriously wondering why.

Personally, I don't mind popular or select streamers getting early access, or even free copies of the game.  I think the end result will be what they are hoping to get out of it.  But given the circumstances that this was a Kickstarter project that experienced a couple delays, I guess I do not understand why those individuals do not at least get to play at the same time as the YT'ers or Twitch people since their copy is already paid for.  ?

The short, they already have distribution deals in place for the launch day. Changing that would require changing it all the way across all platforms, which they can't do at this point. The streamer session will, as I stated earlier, likely be a contained event taking place over one or a few days probably in block play sessions that will include devs and/or PR people in the stream groups that will utilize a very small number of servers.

For them to allow everyone in would require them to move up the launch schedule (which they can't do as they have to coordinate with all 3 platforms), opening all servers for all 3 platforms (again something I seriously doubt they can do as plans have already been made with each individual platform), getting the codes for each platform (something else that would be a challenge prior to the arranged time), putting in place the needed CS teams for a pre-launch...launch, and then dealing with the promotional stuff way before they're ready to.

One thing many people don't realize, or don't want to realize (and this isn't aimed at you), is just how much work is involved in launching a game. It's not as simple as flipping a switch and saying "go to it." There's a lot of moving parts that go on at the back end that have to be in place to get things ready for the big launch day and hopefully avoid the impending launch day disaster.

6 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

No. Just that it seems they went awful quiet on the forums here and then we find out that they're gonna give some streamers access early because .... theyre streamers. Which, I get it. Like I said, they have to do what's best for the game as they see fit. I think its because the backers really really wanted this in early 2017, we're not getting it in early 2017 and the streamers now get it before us, so we're jealous. There, I said what nobody else wants to come right out and admit.

25 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

No. Just that it seems they went awful quiet on the forums here and then we find out that they're gonna give some streamers access early because .... theyre streamers. Which, I get it. Like I said, they have to do what's best for the game as they see fit. I think its because the backers really really wanted this in early 2017, we're not getting it in early 2017 and the streamers now get it before us, so we're jealous. There, I said what nobody else wants to come right out and admit.

Not so much jealous- disappointed confusion maybe? Virtual panhandlers get the game before people who paid. I kind of get it- I don't have to like it though. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Not so much jealous- disappointed confusion maybe? Virtual panhandlers get the game before people who paid. I get it- I don't have to like it though. :)

Anything is a legitimate job as long as it pays. I take more offense to kids who are born into wealth and never have to do anything... they get the best college payed for by daddy, than become a major figure earning 7 figures+ all with no ACTUAL effort put into it...

I have far more respect for a twitch streamer... they are at least akin to a lounge entertainer, they appeal to their crowd, keep them coming back, and thus get payed for it. If anyone could become a streamer and make a living off of it.. EVERYONE would.

They don't exactally work their ass off for it, but its still a proper use of ones strengths.