Anyone checkout Downward Thrust, he got a key, did a 6 minute video trashing the game, and on twitter said he didn't even want to play it

46 minutes ago, 2moar said:

Anyone checkout Downward Thrust, he got a key, did a 6 minute video trashing the game, and on twitter said he didn't even want to play it

Wow... that is a new level of low for Streamer "reviews" I guess.

Yeah he buried the game. Came across like an overly cynical ass who didn't really know what he was talking about though. 

12 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

78235-6839.jpg.9833d111635395133432d8bbf

"Toxic waste...The forums flood up with the stuff whenever Gun does something questionable..."

One of the funniest things I've seen on the forums ???

Edit: apologies for the double post, using my phone and thought this was a different thread.

4 hours ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

Some guy streaming on youtube named nukem dukem or something spoiled how to kill with the title of his stream, would avoid youtube/twitch all together if you don't want anything spoiled

Only took 12 hours, huh?  Crap.  Is it legit?  I don't want to know how just yet, but if it's out there, then there goes the "normal" gameplay as people will be trying to kill Jason every time.  The streams I watched yesterday were entertaining for the most part, until around 8 pm EST or so.  It was then that I went to BikeMan's twitch stream and they weren't really playing, just doing private matches to figure out killing Jason.  Whoever was Jason would just stand there while the others experimented.  I quickly changed streams.

Well, jason's kill method has been revealed. Spoiler beware for those who don't want to know i suppose.

Unfortunately it's true. Friggin' streamers get first chance to figure out how to defeat Jason. What about the rest of us who wanted a crack at being the first people to do it? We've been robbed of that opportunity now. Great.

• Like 2

seems like thats all they wanted to do, not actually show off the game, just race to see who could kill jason first, based on the work of the beta players, and then i see some of them tagging outlets like kotaku trying to raise their profile on this, ugh.

Just now, 2moar said:

seems like thats all they wanted to do, not actually show off the game, just race to see who could kill jason first, based on the work of the beta players, and then i see some of them tagging outlets like kotaku trying to raise their profile on this, ugh.

Will I'm actually glad they gave early release to streamers but at the same time I'm not because I wanted a blind eye when I go in the new maps

On May 23, 2017 at 8:45 PM, ikarikh said:

With game on preload people are gonna datamine it tonight most likely and streamers will likely try out whatever info is found.

I would not even remotely be surprised if how to kill Jason is figured out before Friday thanks to the datamining.

Also keep in mind some of these streamers have already been playing for weeks/months and may already know how to do it to begin with by this point.

Well shit... It may not have been through datamining, but you certainly called this. I owe you a coke... A can or a brick, whichever is your preference. Er, not that I'd know how to get a brick of cocaine! Nope, totally not connected with illegal drug rings at all!...

On a serious note though, definitely bummed such a thing has already been discovered. :( I still plan to get the game and have fun with it, but damn...

• Like 1

Yeah, was there no guidance before these streams. Like don't kill Jason and ruin it for everyone. Seems like something you would tell promoters of your game. Object is to promote the game not ruin it. They should have been told normal gameplay only and deliberately attempting to kill Jason will be punished. Because they aren't even playing, Jason's just sitting there while they try and figure it out. I don't want to know and hope I get to play with others who don't know either. 

1 hour ago, Ria67 said:

Well shit... It may not have been through datamining, but you certainly called this. I owe you a coke... A can or a brick, whichever is your preference. Er, not that I'd know how to get a brick of cocaine! Nope, totally not connected with illegal drug rings at all!...

On a serious note though, definitely bummed such a thing has already been discovered. :( I still plan to get the game and have fun with it, but damn...

They didn't need to datamine with how ridiculously easy it is to do. Anyone with a group of friends can do it pretty much 100% of the time. That whole '1 in 75 chance' nonsense only counts for a normal match and even then who knows. Anyone who wants the trophy/achievement will get it Friday.

I'm not sure how the devs could expect that people are gonna be happy with EA Streamers getting 'World First Jason' kills and videos plastered online before the game even launches and people who spent months theorizing and were planning to hop on and spend launch weekend trying to discover it now just had it completely ruined for them.

14 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Ridiculous. And they've been playing for days now. Just only allowed to show it off today.

I have one important question;

Why do you care so much about it?  It's not like Cod where they are getting access to the coolest and most OP weapons.  It mostly comes down to cosmetics, which has zero effect on your experience.  Any issues is derived solely by resentment.  No sembelence of logic.

So what, Streamers get to keep things they play for, yknow, like the game is supposed to be.  And the more fair option would be to reset every one to zero and be forced to play with a Part 3 Jason until people start leveling up?

No, we get variety if they are allowed to keep the things they play for.  It literally has no effect except a positive one on your gaming experience.  Your only contention would have to be motivated by pure resentment and jealousy, which seems to be the justification for any resentment against streamers.

They get the zebra striped shirt for Tiffany earlier and actually had to play for it.  Who cares?  I can't believe how dramatic you people are making this.

• Like 1

yeah i watched one idiot on Gamespot on youtube saying the game isn't worth $40 yet he was laughing and screaming like a little school girl the whole time he was playing sure looked like he got his no moneys worth out of the game it makes me sick that Clowns like these get the games for free then they try to ruin them for people excited and willing to pay whatever it cost to enjoy them 

8 minutes ago, tbone1270 said:

yeah i watched one idiot on Gamespot on youtube saying the game isn't worth $40 yet he was laughing and screaming like a little school girl the whole time he was playing sure looked like he got his no moneys worth out of the game it makes me sick that Clowns like these get the games for free then they try to ruin them for people excited and willing to pay whatever it cost to enjoy them 

There are always going to be some idiots out there and the Devs know this. I got this for PS4 and am actually glad that it hasn't been released yet because that way everyone has a fair playing ground towards achievements and those that get on before others won't power up as fast as all of these PC streamers have.

2 hours ago, Ria67 said:

How is it such a surprise that people have figured it out within one night?

It would have been the exact same thing launch day.

I'm tellin you all, you're making much ado about nothing.

• Like 1

I actually feel bad for the PC Gamers because of no reset for the people that have already got major xp. I see now that someone has already figured out how to kill Jason..Wow so much for surprises.

18 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Not when we were genuinely looking forward to figuring it out.

Now it's plastered fuckin everywhere. And the steps to killing him aren't even that complicated.

Now Im pissed. 

Way to blow it for those of us who have been backing from the beginning hoping to be able to figure it out. 

This really torques me off.  They keep their XP AND they've blown how to kill Jason. Thats actually a slap in the face for those of us who were excited to try to figure out how. 

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Now it's plastered fuckin everywhere. And the steps to killing him aren't even that complicated.

Adding to this the fact that the devs played up the fact got many of us excited about finding out. But that sure as shit was doomed the second early access was made for streamers and youtubers, like their opinion matters.

And another thing, i find it hilarious that the streams i've seen here and there address this by saying "it's just a marketing thing, every company does it" and the fact is that no, dipshits, they don't. If there's a beta it's public, if it's pre-release it isn't dependent on wether you beg on the internet while playing videogames or not (atleast, not in this manner) and you sure as shit don't give out the full copy so everything can be spoiled pre-release.

So here you have the entitled babies calling those without access entitled babies (few cases, luckily), and you have a dev team that plays up a part of the game that immediately gets spoiled BEFORE THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND LOOKED FORWARD TO THE GAME EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO TRY.

/rant

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

And what did you expect from launch?

I don't even know the steps and I've been watching videos and streams all day.  And even then knowing how to do it doesn't change anything especially when people have been theorizing and showing leaked images on it in this very forum.

Gun could probably have made the NDA better and said don't talk about killing Jason.  Don't attempt it.  They didnt.  If you somehow feel betrayed by that sorry, not much you can do.  But you knew streams and youtubers were up to this stuff, if you came across spoilers I can't help but think that there is very little blame on anyone besides yourself, if you can't avoid streaming services or videos for a day or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Uhm maybe because people actually wanted to TRY and figure it out themselves on release? Especially after the devs made a huge deal about keeping it secret and told us they wanted us to figure it out ourselves through community discovery. Then didn't even give us the opportunity to do so because it was plastered all over the net before the game even launched and any of us could even TRY.

Defending something you support is one thing. Defending it BLINDLY and dismissing ANY criticism is just dumb and makes your credibility on your defenses for more legit claims become moot. 

Pick your battles.

Also your post about "If you couldn't stay off a stream for a day, your fault" is absolutely ridiculous. People who didn't even WATCH the streams are seeing this because it's EVERYWHERE right now. People are trolling the steam forums with it, youtube has it popping up in the damn titles of videos in your feed, Facebook posts are shouting it from the top of their lungs.

Essentially you cannot go online today at all anywhere if you don't want to find out how to kill Jason. If you are gonna somehow tell everyone here that it's 'their fault for going online the day before release' you're absolutely ridiculous. Your blind defense of everything here is so over the top it's astonishing. 

I'm not even claiming Gun is that bad and this is an entirely fictional and extreme example i'm going to use that doesn't even reflect my own opinion, but it's at the point where they could sit and tell all backers "WE GOT YOUR MONEY! HAHAHA GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!" and somehow you'd come in here and find a way to defend that and tell everyone here that they're the problem.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

And what did you expect from launch?

I don't even know the steps and I've been watching videos and streams all day.  And even then knowing how to do it doesn't change anything especially when people have been theorizing and showing leaked images on it in this very forum.

Gun could probably have made the NDA better and said don't talk about killing Jason.  Don't attempt it.  They didnt.  If you somehow feel betrayed by that sorry, not much you can do.  But you knew streams and youtubers were up to this stuff, if you came across spoilers I can't help but think that there is very little blame on anyone besides yourself, if you can't avoid streaming services or videos for a day or so.

*enter in guns shining white knight*

You really can't blame them or be mad at them for anything can you?

Whenever someone has valid concerns or is genuinely annoyed by guns practices you jump in and blame whomever has the complaints.

I knew they were gonna do it. And it doesn't surprise me. Me and @bewareofbears called it yesterday. What pissed me of is that there was no NDA about this and they have been hyping it since the very beginning.

Take off your blinders and see the bigger picture rather than suggesting it's everyone else's fault that it was spoiled.

You're argument was not only utter nonsence, it was flat out stupid.

There is one thing you're right about. I can't do anything about it. It's spoiled and oh well, I was really looking forward to figuring it out. But I can damn well be pissed off about it.

17 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I'll take that bet. I bet he's killed by midnight tonight.

Edit:

PST, so 3am EST.

17 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Lets place bets now. 

@bewareofbears I bet you one like that Jason will be killed before midnight tomorrow.

@thatdudescott I bet you one like that @ResolutionBlaze will be the one with that excuse for the devs ;)

PS: No hard feelings blaze, just calling it in advance. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong <3

Well he died sometime this morning. I am uncertain of the time so until we know for sure, a Like for each of you gents.

Don't click this link right here unless you want to see it.

• Like 1