TheManBetweenTheMan

Things to do while waiting for release

If you're like me then you are driving yourself crazy over what to do with that hype while waiting for release, this thread is for suggestions on what to do wile waiting for release! I myself have made fanedits of various Friday the 13th movies adding the excess gore back in(These include Part 4, Part 6, Part 7, and Part 8). If you wish to see these message me and I will gladly provide links. Anyway please share all your ideas as I am eager to find out your suggestions!

1. Punch orphans.

2. Play fetch with a dog. 

3. Go camping. 

4. Catch up on your homework.

5. Nekkid time with your partner. 

6. Ironing your pants.

7. Playing D&D (or your tabletop game of choice.)

8. Complain on the forums. (Either about the game, or people who are complaining about the game. Take your pick.)

9. Hit the gym. 

10. Horror movie marathon. 

I'm probably going to watch some of the films again when the date's getting close. Unsure whether to watch them all or just pick a few out.

Aside from that, I'm still playing Overwatch every day (Mercy main btw, surprising amount of damage), potter around in Minecraft and I enjoy watching gaming LPs on YouTube and Twitch.

I don't want to start anything too long so I'm not still caught up in that when F13th comes out.

17 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Go for a world record.

Theirs quite a few of them.

I'm going for the gold in punching orphans! cue Rocky montage music!

10 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I'm probably going to watch some of the films again when the date's getting close. Unsure whether to watch them all or just pick a few out.

I don't want to start anything too long so I'm not still caught up in that when F13th comes out.

Doing 2-4, 6 myself this iteration. 

As far as gaming, finishing GR: Wildlands. Probably will start a Telltale game after depending on how close we are to release.

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

1. Not die.

That's uh.. Well that's quite the time consuming list you have there, BoB. 

6 hours ago, MutantTaco said:

School

Miss, you're a copycat. Please don't come after me with a shotgun. 

20 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

7. Playing D&D (or your tabletop game of choice.)

D&D is bucket list for me. I've always been interested,but I don't know anyone who plays/played. An F13th scenario would be pretty awesome.

18 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

D&D is bucket list for me. I've always been interested,but I don't know anyone who plays/played. An F13th scenario would be pretty awesome.

It's a small hobby. It's hard to find groups. I'm currently in between them myself.  With that, Pathfinder Society  is something you may want to look into. (Pathfinder is basically 3rd/3.5 edition D&D. The best in my opinion) Society play is organized public play. I'm considering getting into it myself, though I'd prefer home games. 

And there is a guy who made some modular f13 related stuff. Link provided. If you downloaded the D20 modern rules, and got familiar with them, you could run a F13 home game. With that the best and easiest way to learn the game is to play with other knowledgable players. 

6 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

It's a small hobby. It's hard to find groups. I'm currently in between them myself.  With that, Pathfinder Society  is something you may want to look into. (Pathfinder is basically 3rd/3.5 edition D&D. The best in my opinion) Society play is organized public play. I'm considering getting into it myself, though I'd prefer home games. 

And there is a guy who made some modular f13 related stuff. Link provided. If you downloaded the D20 modern rules, and got familiar with them, you could run a F13 home game. With that the best and easiest way to learn the game is to play with other knowledgable players. 

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to find a hobby store that has game nights or something and go alone. I couldn't even get my friends into Munchkin or Magic.

Edit: Reading through the F13 mod. Holy shit.

9 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Maybe one day we'll all have to learn the game and hit Roll20.net and play. :P

Just now, thatdudescott said:

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to find a hobby store that has game nights or something and go alone. I couldn't even get my friends into Munchkin or Magic.

No problem, bud.

It's all about what appeals, I think. I personally don't like Munchkin or Magic. Both are just too meta for me. I like to bring a character to life, get into their headspace and timing and do big damn hero things. 

As far as gaming in public (or even private.) If the groups don't work, don't give up on the game (assuming you enjoy it. If the game sucks, run!) . Your style of play may not mesh. I've played in four groups in the last fifteen years and all had their good and their bad. One even came to fisticuffs. And tht wasn't even the worst group. 

• Like 1

Just now, Risinggrave said:

I like to bring a character to life, get into their headspace and timing and do big damn hero things. 

That's what is so appealing to me. I want to RP. I want my character to be some insane whacko who talks to a stone. And best believe I'm dropping that stone on the table.

9 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Edit: Reading through the F13 mod. Holy shit.

It's pretty good stuff. At least thought provoking if not a bit unbalanced

5 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Maybe one day we'll all have to learn the game and hit Roll20.net and play. :P

.I know how to play, but not the site mechanics. I also hate GMing. Though for a F13 oneshot, I'd likely get talked into it.

I ran an apocalypse setting once. I had it set up for the heroes to meet up with expy's of Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, the Shape and  Pinhead. (these were basically a clan of mutants with nods to the slasher baddies.. They didn't have nightmare magic or hellboxes.) I think the group broke up before they ran into those guys.

I was a sad panda.

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

That's what is so appealing to me. I want to RP. I want my character to be some insane whacko who talks to a stone. And best believe I'm dropping that stone on the table.

I've had some fun with it. I had an archer who had a cat. Not a familiar, which is useful.. Just a cat for the story. Another archer survived a Cthulhu cult (and helped beat the big bad) not by killing everybody, but just by saving the virgin sacrifice and escaping. (the tentacles coming out of the water in the hole in the ground brought the whole temple down due to the botched sacrifice.. 

I also played a Viking (my first hero) who thought he was Thor and may well have been a reincarnation had we gotten to a high enough level before ending the campaign. 

The last character I'll note (because I could ride a wave of nostalgia all day) was my human gunslinger who hung out with a bunch of people with psionic and magic powers. Whenever people gave him grief he'd talk about how he had limits "Because I can't do X with fucking mind bullets!" He was still good at his job and that was being a fucking combat monster.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:38 PM, thatdudescott said:

If you want... me and my friends play D&D over voip. We use an online tool that lets us simulate our D&D campaign.

We play it pretty casually (for shits and giggles) and take turns DMing so that everyone gets a chance to play.

If you want to play it wouldn't be too hard to convince them to add another player. My brother is currently working on the next one as we speak.

The current game we are going to try probibly will probibly be soft RP (AKA a lot of my friends give their characters... unique personality's. Played mostly for laughs) So its not too hard for a person new to the concept of DND to give it a shot without feeling awkward.

I think the one we are working on is a Lovecraftian Pathfinder campaign.

44 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

I think the one we are working on is a Lovecraftian Pathfinder campaign.

Strange Aeons?

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

Strange Aeons?

Yea boi! I tend to make my own campaigns.My brother likes to use modules.

We also run Rappan Athuk sometimes when we need a salt injection >.>

Just now, Nothingface said:

Yea boi! I tend to make my own campaigns.My brother likes to use modules.

We also run Rappan Athuk sometimes when we need a salt injection >.>

Damn. I'm half inclined to murder Scott and wear him like a flesh suit to infiltrate your group. 

It's a good thing I'm so antisocial. 

21 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Damn. I'm half inclined to murder Scott and wear him like a flesh suit to infiltrate your group. 

It's a good thing I'm so antisocial. 

Its a fun group.. most of the time. We are pretty varied on a lot of things, amount we RP, character crafting skill, creativeness... It tends to throw campaigns off the rails quite often.

We have the Flithy Minmaxer, the goofball gimp, and me ready to play at the moment. I think I fall into the category of the dms favorite target. XD I tend to play wizards and clerics.

If you want to play it wouldn't be hard. My brothers been asking around for a fourth. He's a bit newer at DMing so their will probibly be some errors and such... if your into hardcore RP or rules lawyering its probibly best to avoid this group as we often pull off some cheeky shit.

One time in rappan athuk we sent an army of unseen servants to retrieve a giblet of our monk who got annihilated by a trap so we could rez him. We managed to get a finger. XD

1 hour ago, Nothingface said:

Its a fun group.. most of the time. We are pretty varied on a lot of things, amount we RP, character crafting skill, creativeness... It tends to throw campaigns off the rails quite often.

We have the Flithy Minmaxer, the goofball gimp, and me ready to play at the moment. I think I fall into the category of the dms favorite target. XD I tend to play wizards and clerics.

If you want to play it wouldn't be hard. My brothers been asking around for a fourth. He's a bit newer at DMing so their will probibly be some errors and such... if your into hardcore RP or rules lawyering its probibly best to avoid this group as we often pull off some cheeky shit.

One time in rappan athuk we sent an army of unseen servants to retrieve a giblet of our monk who got annihilated by a trap so we could rez him. We managed to get a finger. XD

Even if I wanted, I don't think I'd have the time to commit to do it justice at the moment. But I tell you in a perfect world...

Just now, MutantTaco said:

Nerds

I have my official member ship card and decoder ring! 

• Like 2