TWarner

We now have a Release Date but What about SP?

I am thrilled with the release date around the corner but am wondering with the time it took for certification and a release date would will still get single player this summer as they hoped for. I'm fine if not but was curious.  I apologize if this was already asked but I searched and didn't find anything on single player delay.

2 hours ago, TWarner said:

I am thrilled with the release date around the corner but am wondering with the time it took for certification and a release date would will still get single player this summer as they hoped for. I'm fine if not but was curious.  I apologize if this was already asked but I searched and didn't find anything on single player delay.

Summer ends in late September so it could be as late as then if not delayed. There really hasn't been much info on single player and I imagine we won't see much about it until after launch. I also wonder if we'll see any form of DLC before single player is released as I imagine their focus will be single player until it's released.

I dont know how games work with all that but I'd assume that certification is a whole different process.  I'd think it will just be a patch.  So i wouldn't see there being a delay on that.  But idk...that's all behind the scenes stuff that no one has to make us aware of but the guys at gun usually do. 

I don't know if there will be a delay on single player, but I wouldn't think so. I would think that once you get the initial cert out of the way any cert process after will go much smoother because you should already have the things cert looks at in line and all you're doing is patching in new content.

1 hour ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

EARLY 2017

Correction! We have to change it now. Now it's "MID-2017". :P 

• Like 1

"2017"

No standard beyond that. Why would Gun deal with that shit again, right?

• Like 1

I know they've already been working on the single player for several months now (the mo-cap sessions were back in October), but I don't know how far along it is. I'd imagine pretty far but can't be sure.

The game release is the real biggie, that and then sweeping up bugs and patching stuff. Last week of May and into June are probably going to be the craziest period for those guys. After that point, they can probably get single player's release nailed down.

The major plus is that the single player content isn't a physical release, so they only need to concentrate on the digital. That'll be one headache put aside.

Which is likely all the way up to and including September.

I'd be tempted, personally, to even nudge it to take advantage of Friday 13th October. But we'll see.