Sign in to follow this  
Guy

Jason X or Uber Jason?

Just looking through the excellent Jason skins the team have designed (although the JGTH axe still bothers me more than I'd like to admit) and it got me to thinking which few were missing and what MAY pop up in later DLC.

Then I got to thinking if we got lucky enough to get any Jason X content, would I prefer a skin of pre-nanite Jason or murderous cyborg Uber Jason?

Thought I'd throw the question out to you guys. 

c58d20732914f01254d9b216dec898d1.jpg

Uber-Jason-friday-the-13th-31827879-330-

I'd really want both, but gun to my head...I guess Uber Jason would be a more radical and different element to have in the game.

12 minutes ago, The Razor's Edge said:

Uber, but it's not a DLC I want to see early on.

I could see them adding both of those at some point.

I'd rather see a part 4 jason and part 5 Roy/jason 

eventually I'm sure we'll get them all

• Like 1

Just now, dandop1984 said:

I'd rather see a part 4 jason and part 5 Roy/jason 

eventually I'm sure we'll get them all

I remember them talking about Roy and Pamela at one point and how it would require different types of gameplay given that they were both human without any kind of supernatural abilities. So they couldn't play the same as Jason. So while they haven't said there will never be those two, they have indicated that it would be a bit of a challenge to add them to the game.

46 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I remember them talking about Roy and Pamela at one point and how it would require different types of gameplay given that they were both human without any kind of supernatural abilities. So they couldn't play the same as Jason. So while they haven't said there will never be those two, they have indicated that it would be a bit of a challenge to add them to the game.

Yeah I remember hearing that. Although I feel Roy should just play similar to part 2 jason.

part 2 jason isn't exactly supernatural in that film, so just design Roy with the similar abilities.

Roy could run, and have high stalk  ability. With poor morph and shift.

and remember in part 5 Roy does some crazy powerful kills. He even rages through a door.

so I don't think Roy/Jason is a huge stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCREWNUT said:

Both for me.  

Nope gotta pick one :D.

I'm sure we'd all prefer both.

45 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

How about he starts as Jason X than rages into uber jason? 

This could be a neat way to do something different with Jason from that film.

i am in the minority but i'd actually like pre uber jason more then uber jason, mostly because i really like the design and it feels more jason, but i do love uber jason and would love to have all jasons in game.

Oh and hopefully they can get the rights to the reboot jason's because of how awesome they are, man those skins would be so awesome to see :)

• Like 1

Both. Jason X is underrated,and I think Jason's pre-uber look is fantastic. I can see it happening because Grendal HAS to be DLC,or every map is literally going to be forest areas.

• Like 1

I would mind pre-nanite Jason X as he's pretty normal like the other versions of Jason for normal forest maps.

Uber-Jason could be DLC for a DLC map taking place in the Grendel.

It would be REALLY fun to have Jason X stuff and the Grendel. But I know a ship map would be a whole different gameplay design let alone the time & money needed to create the look of it. Just running our standard bunch of counselors would even feel a bit odd, Eric in Spaaaaace. Opening drawers and finding firecrackers would seem weird, y'know? I'd feel like at least you'd be looking to scifi everything up! Which means almost a bottom-up redesign for some things. Big time, big money.

Somewhere down the line, though, definitely would love it. The success of this game will drive everything.

Personally, I'd like to see Jason X with Uber being an ability that replaces rage.

My only issue with that is folks want Uber Jason and that may not be enough for them. I think it would be a fun way to go though. That said, I want every available Jason- especially Roy, as I've said a hundred times. :) 

16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Personally, I'd like to see Jason X with Uber being an ability that replaces rage.

That sounds fun. Wonder if it would be stressful on the game to load in a new Jason like that tho?

The tech must KIND of already be there with how Tommy Jarvis works.

But having Jason X with a machete suddenly turn into Uber Jason when he rages would be pretty cool.

His weapon should be his fists IMO, Unarmed Uber kills sounds sick.

• Like 1

Jason X for me! I like them both, but I like the look of X more than Uber. Plus look at all the bullet holes in his clothes, he's still as badass as he always was :) Just not bulletproof. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Jason X as a DLC for the existing maps and game. I think Uber Jason should be reserved to DLC including the spaceship map (if they ever do it).