K_Mast2017

Release date! & what are thoughts on new trailer & improvements?

Now the big question is:  will they send the codes out to backers/pre-orderers early to allow preloading on console?  We were in from day one, so let us play at midnight of release day!  

1 minute ago, Dr B DDS said:

Now the big question is:  will they send the codes out to backers/pre-orderers early to allow preloading on console?  We were in from day one, so let us play at midnight of release day!  

Codes will be e-mailed on release day last I heard. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

Thanks, Pops!

Looking at the trailer,the graphics (models,environments and killing animations) does look smoother.

As for the release date,im not bothered,i can wait,at least the game is actually going to come out,it's not like it's going to be cancelled or anything.

I am totally cool with another month of waiting... We have a release date. I'm just glad to know when that is now. 

Wonder when pre-orders will start for consoles?... I assume Tuesday for Playstation. 

Hey guys,

I apologize if I'm placing this in the wrong board. My question is, did anyone get an email from the game makers directly informing you of the release date?

The reason I am asking is because the last email I received was in regards to receiving a digital code rather than the physical copy. I pre-ordered a physical copy for PS4. Has anybody received any emails since then?

Thanks

Extremely awesome!

but as I'm the one who made the "will there be nudity thread" along time ago I'm disappointed in that part :( 

57 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well here's my connundrum with that. 

If game goes live midnight on May 26th and game codes don't go out until then, you run into the unfortunate situation where someone who didn't back or pre-order can purchase, buy and play the game directly at midnight while a backer/pre-orderer is still potentially waiting on an email to be able to play. 

Getting them a day or two early and being able to pre-load the game like most games you can pre-order would be a lot more beneficial I would think.

Also on a seperate note, we now have gameplay of Eric and Buggzy but still nothing of Adam other than him getting killed. I am disspointed :/

9 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Well here's my connundrum with that. 

If game goes live midnight on May 26th and game codes don't go out until then, you run into the unfortunate situation where someone who didn't back or pre-order can purchase, buy and play the game directly at midnight while a backer/pre-orderer is still potentially waiting on an email to be able to play. 

Getting them a day or two early and being able to pre-load the game like most games you can pre-order would be a lot more beneficial I would think.

Also on a seperate note, we now have gameplay of Eric and Buggzy but still nothing of Adam other than him getting killed. I am disspointed :/

I'm thinking they'll probably do like a lot of other games in this case and start rolling out the keys in email batches leading up to launch. That way they can stagger the load, and, if there's a preload option, it won't jam up the lines when the world tries to all start downloading at once.

The release date is the same day and weekend I have planned an elaborate camping trip. Pretty sure this means I am going to be killed by Jason IRL and never have a chance to actually play the game. Might have to bring my laptop along camping.

• Like 1

Wait. Since single player is a separate entity does that mean I might get my wish of nudity and drugs in the game? 

What was this about Jason having HP?  This makes me very concerned.  Maybe that's kinda like his stun bar?  Each Jason can take so many hits before he's knocked out for a few seconds?

5 minutes ago, Troyal1 said:

Wait. Since single player is a separate entity does that mean I might get my wish of nudity and drugs in the game? 

Doubt it. The drugs alone would make Australia lose it's mind and they'd have to redo that part before it could launch. Then there are other things with certain EU countries. I'm guessing they barely slid by the ratings as it is. Drugs and nudity would pretty much run the risk of an AO rating, which is the kiss of death.

That and the single player is pretty much a bot version of multiplayer.

This new "Rolling perks" system seems very interesting. Would like to hear more about it.

7 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Doubt it. The drugs alone would make Australia lose it's mind and they'd have to redo that part before it could launch. Then there are other things with certain EU countries. I'm guessing they barely slid by the ratings as it is. Drugs and nudity would pretty much run the risk of an AO rating, which is the kiss of death.

Well that's certainly pretty disappointing. I didn't expect any extreme nudity or sex but I would have appreciated a little bit. Especially after this statement. 

"Fans of the “Friday the 13th” film series know that when it comes to Jason Voorhees, violence, gore and nudity aren’t just concepts to consider – they’re necessities."

does Aus really care about a little brief nudity that much? Could they not blur it out for them?  I thought most of their hang ups were with gore(which thankfully is the most important thing this game has a ton of). 

someone threw that qoute at me in another topic when I asked a year ago. Still going to buy the game obviously tho lol. 

13 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

The irony being recreational drug use in Australia is just as normal as buying a loaf of bread and a pint of milk in your local shop. :lol:

The EU is a funny one. Lot of old Soviet countries are members, and Turkey are soon to join. Have very different values to the Western norm...it's why one of the many reasons we voted to leave. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Troyal1 said:

Well that's certainly pretty disappointing. I didn't expect any extreme nudity or sex but I would have appreciated it. Especially after this statement. 

"Fans of the “Friday the 13th” film series know that when it comes to Jason Voorhees, violence, gore and nudity aren’t just concepts to consider – they’re necessities."

does Aus really care about a little brief nudity that much? I thought most of their hang ups were with gore(which thankfully is the most important thing this game has a ton of). 

someone threw that qoute quote at me in another topic when I asked a year ago. Still going to buy the game obviously tho lol. 

Oh man. If you don't know about the Australian Classification Board, you should go have a look. Those guys and gals are like the morality police. Some games that they've banned that had to be reworked for another submission include: GTAV, State of Decay, Manhunt, South Park: The Stick of Truth. I could go on but here's a wiki link to get ya started. Read that and see if that question you asked was answered. :P

A lot still are banned btw.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Oh man. If you don't know about the Australian Classification Board, you should go have a look. Those guys and gals are like the morality police. Some games that they've banned that had to be reworked for another submission include: GTAV, State of Decay, Manhunt, South Park: The Stick of Truth. I could go on but here's a wiki link to get ya started. Read that and see if that question you asked was answered. :P

For a community that spawned from a colony of prisoners they sure are prude. /j

14 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I knew about all that but damn them! I didn't know they were still the thought police when it came to games. I wonder if the violence for this release will be toned down for them in their version.... because then again they are allowing Outlast 2, a game with immense gore and (some)nudity in it.... that's why I wish the team here would implement maybe like a censored version for them.

But oh well I'll live!!!! Lol. I can't wait for the day when AO games aren't frowned upon. 

But its probably like some people tried to tell me. If single player is basically bots it would be hard to  implement nudity into a multiplayer game like this. As we won't be having sex while running. 

51 minutes ago, Shinkle said:

Hey guys,

I apologize if I'm placing this in the wrong board. My question is, did anyone get an email from the game makers directly informing you of the release date?

The reason I am asking is because the last email I received was in regards to receiving a digital code rather than the physical copy. I pre-ordered a physical copy for PS4. Has anybody received any emails since then?

Thanks

to clarify, delivery of the physical release will be later than the 5/26/17 release date. As a form of compensation you will also receive a digital copy so that you can play the game on release day. You will also still be receiving your physical copy when physical copies go out. 

15 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

The irony being recreational drug use in Australia is just as normal as buying a loaf of bread and a pint of milk in your local shop. :lol:

The EU is a funny one. Lot of old Soviet countries are members, and Turkey are soon to join. Have very different values to the Western norm...it's why one of the many reasons we voted to leave. :lol:

And thats the nutty thing to me is that both countries are behind in ways that make absolutely no sense. Australia =crackdown on games, fine with some drugs. USA= fine with as much violence as possible pretty much but you can't smoke weed in a majority of states. Crazy world we live in. 

But to get us us back on topic the gore in the trailer looked pretty intense. Will Australia get that full on gore, or will theirs be toned down?