K_Mast2017

Release date! & what are thoughts on new trailer & improvements?

I can't think of anything other than being insanely excited that we got a release date lmao! Like, I feel like a kid with a countdown for Christmas.

• Like 2

(Takes a drink of water) (Takes a chill pill to ease anger from 4 AND HALF WEEK DELAY!!!)

So. lets look at the trailer, we have.. A new kill. Thats pretty cool.

But the interesting part, is the perk system. Perks seem to be able to be rolled with positive and negative aspects to boost their effects.

An RNG buff system for perks? Well that's going to be pretty unique! Not sure how that will effect the meta on the whole but it sure as FUCK spices things up a bit!

Also that bit at the end where he slashes Early 2017 to announce that SOUL CRUSHING 4 AND HALF WEEK DELAY!!! ... was kind of funny I guess

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Also that bit at the end where he slashes Early 2017

I wonder how long they've been waiting to do that.

• Like 2

I bet the MPAA behind the delay. They loved hacking the movies to bits so much they used their influence to mess with the release of the game.

I'm stoked to finally have a date. As for the video I like the look of the perk system and the customization screen looks neat too. I'll need to watch it a few more times when I get a chance and take it all in, but first impressions have me really stoked all over again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Chosen One said:

I've been saving this one.

989.gif

That gave me an idea. Here, I have a song for Jason's next kill.

• Like 1

Obviously, I'm goddamn thrilled to have a release date! Gives me time to clear up on a couple other games I'm played first, too. I really want a clear slate when I start playing this.

Stuff noticed from the trailer!

Jason 6's weaknesses - Defence, Can't Run, Morph
Jason 8's weaknesses - Sense, Can't Run, Grip Strength
Jason 9's strengths - Shift, Stun Resistance, Water Speed
Jason 9's weaknesses - Can't Run, Less Hit Point (that's new), Morph

In the clothing section, it's split into Tops, Bottoms and Shoes as earlier suggested. There are 6 items in each category with a half-block on the left, so at minimum (I emphasize that) it's 7 items per category.

There's also a perk screen, with "RollPerk 500CP" at the top. Seems to be a system where you spend your game cash and get a random perk (don't know if that's for a single game or lasts longer) with a random positive and negative effect as well.

In the video they got:
Perk - Sneaky (move faster while going through windows and getting in or out of hiding spots)
Positive - Window and Hiding Spot Speed Increased 7%
Negative - More Damage Taken 1% (pretty fortunate there)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Obviously, I'm goddamn thrilled to have a release date! Gives me time to clear up on a couple other games I'm played first, too. I really want a clear slate when I start playing this.

Stuff noticed from the trailer!

Jason 6's weaknesses - Defence, Can't Run, Morph
Jason 8's weaknesses - Sense, Can't Run, Grip Strength
Jason 9's weaknesses - Can't Run, Less Hit Point (that's new), Morph

Good catch on the HP. It's going to be interesting to see what happens once the rabid dogs of the Internet learn how to kill Jason. All due respect to Gun, but their testers aren't the maddogs that get a hold of every piece of game knowledge and try to make it work for them. If there's a way to make the "complex way of killing Jason" a simplistic endevour, I assure you, they'll find it.

Yippy kiyay.

We finally have a release date. Better late than never.

Lots of new things to digest in the trailer.

• Like 1

Glad that I finally know the release date but I feel the same as Nothingface. Another 4 and a half fucking weeks, that's just annoying. Early 2017 my ass.

• Like 1

I was happy about all of it except the month wait.

Also that silly full screen blood splatter frame is still there distracting me from the crucial moment of every kill and taking away the cinematic look. I was hoping that had been removed. Still hoping there's an option to turn it off.

4 minutes ago, Guy said:

I was happy about all of it except the month wait.

Also that silly full screen blood splatter frame is still there distracting me from the crucial moment of every kill and taking away the cinematic look. I was hoping that had been removed. Still hoping there's an option to turn it off.

That could be a way to obscure the "violence" in order to appease the ratings board.  Never mind games like Sniper Elite have slow motion x-ray shots of the bullet shattering skulls, teeth, organs, and even testicles...  We have to protect children from Friday the 13th!!!

(to be clear, I actually love the Sniper Elite series.  I'm just making a "they always crap on F13" joke)