K_Mast2017

Biggest problems on release

28 posts in this topic

What do you guys think the biggest problems with the game will be on release or around release? Just out of curiousity. These forums keep me busy enough to wait for the game????

The obvious problems that most new online games have: long game queues, bad server performance relating to loads of people playing or other factors unforeseen, hacks & exploits, afk players, especially Jasons, and the inevitable DDOS attack that seems to follow.

8 people like this

Not only that but if there isn't a day one patch I was thinking the whole not being able to disable traps may be a common complaint.

Jason players complaing that consulars are overpowered.

And Consulars complaining that Jason can kill you too fast.

Server problems, frame problems and other bugs that are bound to pop up.

Annoying players exploiting cheats or repeating the same thing just so they can win.

People leaving games purely because they are not playing as Jason and want to.

People complaining and crying about what is balanced and what is not.

5 people like this

People complaining about Jason being too op. Oh wait thats already happening

3 people like this

Servers that aren't prepared for the #s of people trying to play.

People complaining about Jason being too op. Oh wait thats already happening

Jason's so OP he killed Tiffany in the cut scene! 

2 people like this

Jason's so OP he killed Tiffany in the cut scene!

In one weapon swing no less.
2 people like this

Jason players complaing that consulars are overpowered.

And Consulars complaining that Jason can kill you too fast.

You forget, you cant pick what you are. There are no Jason mains.. everyone is essentially a Camper main. This makes debating about game balance a LOT easier.

I'm more worried about general launch issues, server stability and the like.

I'm also worried about hackers/ exploiters. Hopefully we don't see too much of that.

Not too worried about balance until we see a meta start to form. Than they may need to tweak some things.

Hackers are at the top of my list. I hope they are taking major steps to prevent them. I haven't really heard the devs mention anything about policing that.

Definitely concerned about loading times, hoping with the game size being small they won't be too bad though. Outside of that- getting stuck in games with douchebags and griefers. :)

1 person likes this

I believe it will be people bitchin' about it's not the game we were expecting, or some such. You know how people are, and not everybody will be happy about everything. It also has alot to do with how the generations of 'FRIDAY' fans perceive the franchise 'in their own way'. I think the older folks will be happy as a virgin on prom night, but the younger generation will be more critical. I could be wrong though. Either way, even if glitches are there, i'll be square as I know they will be fixin' and updating more goodness. Can't wait for the fun of finally being able to play as my favorite nostalgic slasher!!! XD

2 people like this

Aside from hackers and griefers, I worry about too many Vanessas, or any other single counselor. 

I definitely worry the most about the server overloads and performance.

The first day or two of the beta was terrible for quick play. 45 minute wait times for games and what not. It wasn't until they patched it did the servers open up more.

I also fear depending on what options the private match offers, people won't want to play private match and instead will rather play quick play, especially if private match offers a limitation on picking counselors to everybody having to be a different counselor. If that option exists, I can see a lot of people going for it or avoiding it.

Then again, say if only 5 counselors are available on launch. That option might not be available on launch and I could see the devs leaving that option for later on.

I think private match will be avoided all together, outside of friend circles and mainstream streamers, simply because it WILL offer some customization for the game and we know how most gaming communities are about modded affairs. They always say it ruins the game as it was 'meant to be played'. So unless quick play is absolutely broken. I can see a lot of the playerbase avoiding private matches. Especially if it offers things like longer match times, like 30 minutes or longer police escapes, like 10 minutes instead of 5, etc.

I left out another biggy as I can't recall if it got tested or not and that is cord pulling. Given how that screwy tactic tends to bork online gameplay in a pretty major way, I'm hoping they considered it.

Overcrowding, a plethora of bugs, complaints that jason is too strong, the hiding doesn't do anything but alert jason, the stealth is useless, jason is too weak, the stealth is too op, the music is bad, the music isn't right, the masks aren't correct, kane hodder didn't reply to their tweets, wes didn't shave his moustache, ben said "soon" again, there's not enough variety, there's not a single player campaign, it wasn't what some people thought it would be, it's unbalanced, it's racist, it's too politically correct, it doesn't run properly, it's shit, it's not worth the price, you can't be jason enough, teammates are dicks, micspam, complete server shutdown....

But in reality i think the biggest initial problems will be balance and overcrowding. And also potentially micspam, but not so much. Also i don't think the solution they have for who gets to be jason will be functional.

My concerns are people crying about getting killed too often, when that is the point.

Jason Voorhees is supposed to kill almost ALL of the counselors. Also, people quitting out is a issue I have, as the game is the most fun when its 1v7

there's going to be bugs, so expect that, but whoever is Jason, what if he's AFK or what if he quits? What happens?

My concerns are people crying about getting killed too often, when that is the point.

Jason Voorhees is supposed to kill almost ALL of the counselors. Also, people quitting out is a issue I have, as the game is the most fun when its 1v7

there's going to be bugs, so expect that, but whoever is Jason, what if he's AFK or what if he quits? What happens?

In the beta, when Jason quit, the game ended.

If he's AFK i assume its simply easy game easy life for the counselors though

Bugs and glitches.

Despite the extra time they had to work on the game, I have a feeling there will be plenty on launch day.

The people who have potatoes and try to run at max settings. On that note though, I am guessing there also will be people who have legit issues with frames and performance. The Betas were kinda' short and not many people were playing them at least when ever I got to play, so not sure how effective it was. Then the normal people who are not used to the game and freaking out, most issues will be invalid while a couple here and there may be. I think the servers will also be very bad, and a lot of lag. 

Someone happens to kill Jason within the first 48 hours of release and then everyone's killing Jason about 1/3 of the time within 2 weeks.

Someone happens to kill Jason within the first 48 hours of release and then everyone's killing Jason about 1/3 of the time within 2 weeks.

If it so happens that killing Jason becomes too meta you can bet they will make it 3x as hard. So I'm not too worried about it.

Its suppose to be a rare event.

Aside from server congestion and crashes, the other big thing will be the "Meta" like what happened in the Beta with every single person playing Vanessa because a few people realized they could get away from Jason a bit easier with Vanessa than with others. So as usual, it became the rule of thumb for everyone and their mothers to play Vanessa because she was "God Tier" and a lot of other chars were barely touched because of it.

It'll happen again on launch. Someone will find something OP about a specific Jason and a specific Counselor and it will spread like wild fire and become the meta where EVERYONE plays that Jason and that Counselor, or does that strategy etc. This is in spite of actually trying out other characters and skins and strategies to find even better strategies or equal strategies, no it will instantly become the meta to do and play one single thing because someone was able to do something with it early on and the rest of the players are just sheep looking to mimic what was done rather than explore their own ways.

Aside from server congestion and crashes, the other big thing will be the "Meta" like what happened in the Beta with every single person playing Vanessa because a few people realized they could get away from Jason a bit easier with Vanessa than with others. So as usual, it became the rule of thumb for everyone and their mothers to play Vanessa because she was "God Tier" and a lot of other chars were barely touched because of it.

It'll happen again on launch. Someone will find something OP about a specific Jason and a specific Counselor and it will spread like wild fire and become the meta where EVERYONE plays that Jason and that Counselor, or does that strategy etc. This is in spite of actually trying out other characters and skins and strategies to find even better strategies or equal strategies, no it will instantly become the meta to do and play one single thing because someone was able to do something with it early on and the rest of the players are just sheep looking to mimic what was done rather than explore their own ways.

The thing about metas.. is that they tend to appear when a certain strategy is better than other ones. Something doesn't need to be OBVIOUSLY OP to become meta, also that doesn't mean that there can be only one meta strategy, they tend to evolve with folks getting creative.

For example, bear traps in front of doors. It was obvious at first glance that that would be an amazing tactic and became the undisputed meta during the beta. Putting Beartraps anywhere but in door frames was almost NON EXISTENT in the beta. However, one man tried putting it in front of a window and something magical happened.. If it was close enough you could jump out without trapping yourself.. and Jason would trap himself trying to break the window! This changed things a lot for those who knew about it. You could deny Jason the ability to cut off your exits!

Metas will ALWAYS happen in online games, but neat tricks that change and morph the meta will keep showing up for MONTHS after the game launches. And as long as the devs keep OBVIOUS outliers in check via balance patches we should have a lot of fun figuring stuff out.