Splatterhouse

Screen turns bright white after you die, like in the films...

Couldn't find a suitable thread to post this in, so here it is.

When you're killed as a counselor/when the kill animation ends, how about the screen turning bright white as we saw in the early films. Notably after Mrs Voorhees kills the two counselors at the beginning of Part I, Annie (Part I), Alice (Part II), Mark (Part II), Crazy Ralph (Part II), and Edna's (Part III) deaths? I'm certain there are more instances as well. I think the second biker in Part 3 may have got the white screen. If anyone else can remember any, please state.

Would be a nice way to transition to the "YOU DIED" screen and survivor cameras, while tributing something we saw in the early films, giving it that classic Friday feel - was almost a staple of the originals...and I'm guessing would be relatively easy to implement.

Here's the "Fade to White" (I can't think of a better way of articulating it) after Ralph gets it.

• Like 10

Idk to me it would seem kinda abrupt. I get its a film thing but something that get the job done in films may not translate to other mediums.

But I can't form an educated opinion on this matter. I could care less either way anyway.

Sorry, but these are just my thoughts. I think the bright light would be very obnoxious after your death. After all, it's not needed to transition towards another scene or anything in the game. Plus, when I'm playing at midnight and it's pitch black in my room, I'd prefer not to be blinded by a random white light. 

• Like 1

It happens when Claudette dies in p1 prequel scene

Ralph's death p2

Marks death p2

I don't recall it happening again although it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

This is a cinematic technique used to simulate time and transition. There are other times in the series where it will fade to black. If done properly, it could potentially add to the cinematic feel of the game, but I agree with others that it would be quite uncomfortable having the whole screen quick fade to white when you are in a dark room.

I think it might be neat occasionally, but totally agree that it would get old quick getting blinded all the time. If they could figure out away for it to only happen very sparingly, I'd be for it. However then, you might be talking resources vs pay off. 

He didnt listen to his own doomed warning.

In relation to this being in game i will say no as most of us will be playing this at night in a dark room having a white screen when u die will blind u everytime.

I think it might be neat occasionally, but totally agree that it would get old quick getting blinded all the time. If they could figure out away for it to only happen very sparingly, I'd be for it. However then, you might be talking resources vs pay off. 

Maybe it could only happen for the last counselor in a TPK. In theory everybody is watching the game play out via deadcam so if Jason gets everybody, the group all get a fade out to white. 

I do like this idea, very cinematic and accurate. Though what is in game now, is what we will be getting, at least for launch. Possibly a later patch? The sky is the limit, as long as popularity and feedback continues, I suspect.

Neat idea.^^ The kill animations in the game are already really cool but being whacked by Jason three times and just flopping to the ground is anti climactic.

I do like this idea, very cinematic and accurate. Though what is in game now, is what we will be getting, at least for launch. Possibly a later patch? The sky is the limit, as long as popularity and feedback continues, I suspect.

The best way to do this is have a voting system in game so people who don't visit this forum still have a say on this plus show a example and how often it will happen

The best way to do this is have a voting system in game so people who don't visit this forum still have a say on this plus show a example and how often it will happen

Very true! (I'm outta likes, but this gets one). Keeping everyone involved via in-game screen news would be very handy.

You'd hardly be blinded by it. Did you ever squint when the same effect happened when you watched the films?

Haven't you ever seen Daredevil's origin? As a kid he watched a F13 film and was permanently blinded by the white light. 

• Like 1

Haven't you ever seen Daredevil's origin? As a kid he watched a F13 film and was permanently blinded by the white light.

I thought it was from finding ancient mystical occult tomes that were hidden.

• Like 1

I thought it was from finding ancient mystical occult tomes that were hidden.

He couldn't read them! He's blind! 

You'd hardly be blinded by it. Did you ever squint when the same effect happened when you watched the films?

I don't think I have to be the one to tell you that playing a game with a screen a couple feet away from your face is not the same as watching a movie on a screen several yards away.

Personally I could find this getting quite annoying, and an unnecessary feature.  Works in film.  Not in games.  There are many other ways to make the transition without just a fade to white effect.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent had the same effect for flashbacks.  Really annoying to have the screen flash white to indicate a flashback and flash white again to indicate getting out of it.

Again, just because it was in the film doesn't mean it's automatically a good idea to apply to the game version.