wes

Breakable Fences

Your case was rested with me scrolling to the bottom of it after reading the first paragraph. ????

For all the time it took you to put that post together to support your usual spout of contention you could've actually watched the film for the first time. ????

Your case was rested with me scrolling to the bottom of it after reading the first paragraph.

For all the time it took you to put that post together to support your usual spout of contention you could've actually watched the film for the first time.

Took me five minutes.

I type fast.

Again, your input is unbelievably valuable.

• Like 1

Your case was rested with me scrolling to the bottom of it after reading the first paragraph.

For all the time it took you to put that post together to support your usual spout of contention you could've actually watched the film for the first time.

Took me five minutes.

I type fast.

Again, your input is unbelievably valuable.

The answer is 7.

Smile fellas. Early 2017 is almost over. :)

I think it's worth noting that film quality, lighting effects and camera angles etc all would play a huge part in the appearance of the mask on film as opposed to the mask in reality.

They have the actual real world mask and worked directly off of that. Thus there might be a discrepancy in what you expect based on the film and the reality of the mask.

At the end of the day though, I don't think the mask issue is really that big of a deal to worry about. They've done a pretty remarkable job overall. So just because everything isn't 200% perfect I don't think it's that big of a deal personally.

Some of the character models themselves aren't the greatest. Kenny and Brandon's faces for example are extremely odd looking and not very realistic.

But I don't really mention it because it's not a huge deal and I don't expect perfection from an indie dev making a game with only 2 mil.

So take that how you will.

From my understanding, Gun worked with the guy who runs the Friday the 13th Prop Museum. He owns three masks from the film that were used in the latter part of filming:

image.png

The mask on the bottom right is likely the mask that was used by Gun. As you can pretty clearly see, the colour has changed fairly dramatically as it has aged. While I agree lighting in the films and the game can cause colour issues, no other mask seems to be as severly affected colour-wise so I don't support that idea much.

The mask on the bottom *left* doesn't appear to have the same issues with the general shape and eyes of the game model's mask that others have pointed out. Obviously, we could use some better pics though.

If the mask's colour or inaccuracies aren't a big deal to you- let us make our point and be heard instead of burying it because you don't care. ;) Just sayin'.

Edit:

Got my right and left mixed up.

• Like 1

If the mask's colour or inaccuracies aren't a big deal to you- let us make our point and be heard instead of burying it because you don't care. ;) Just sayin'.

Nobody currently round' these parts know where the bloodied shovels of dark power are, BoB. No need to worry about things getting buried. 

Edit: Ignore my header.

• Like 1

From my understanding, Gun worked with the guy who runs the Friday the 13th Prop Museum. He owns three masks from the film that were used in the latter part of filming:

image.png

The mask on the bottom right is likely the mask that was used by Gun. As you can pretty clearly see, the colour has changed fairly dramatically as it has aged. While I agree lighting in the films and the game can cause colour issues, no other mask seems to be as severly affected colour-wise so I don't support that idea much.

The mask on the bottom right doesn't appear to have the same issues with the general shape and eyes of the game model's mask that others have pointed out. Obviously, we could use some better pics though.

I don't know why you think I'm trying to bury your opinion.

I don't care enough about you to do that.  Even if I did, it would be impossible for me to even do so.  And that'd be against what I value; I think opinions are great.  But I don't think I shouldn't be able to challenge them just because it's your opinion.

So please, again, stop with baseless accusations.

friday6c_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

I also think it's an unfair comparison you're making because you're taking it from the most brightly lit portion of the scene it seems.  Both of these images are in daylight, but the first, I would suspect, uses more artificial lighting.  I don't know for sure.  But compared to this image, the mask seem pretty close.  Maybe a bit darker, and yes maybe due to age, but nothing ground-breaking.

So I don't count it as a reliable source.  There is no way of knowing which image is more precise to what it 'originally' looked like in terms of colorization, without edits or artificial lighting.

Hell, the image you have is actually darker than the one we have in game.

But again, I suspect it's mostly a lighting issue in the Cabin, given how it looks pretty damn good in the game from the screenshots I've seen.

Nobody currently round' these parts know where the bloodied shovels of dark power are, BoB. No need to worry about things getting buried.

Edit: Ignore my header.

That's true. We can't be buried. ;)

I'd love to get this back on track, since we are supposed to be talking about fences here. All this mask talk is getting annoying, because it turned into everyone trying to prove they're right whether someone else is also somewhat right too. Anyway, I digress...

Will the counselor be hit along with destroying the fence if they are standing directly behind the fence? Or is it a swing, break the fence without touching the counselor at all? I don't particularly care, however each has a bonus to one side or the other. The first way helps Jason because it prevents counselors from using fences to tank a hit. But it helps counselors the 2nd way by not letting them be hit once when Jason swings.

Still love that fences are breakable, because from beta footage it looked terrible with the infinites that happened with the fences. Only thing left would be for couches and cars and then it's fair play all around.

I'd love to get this back on track, since we are supposed to be talking about fences here. All this mask talk is getting annoying, because it turned into everyone trying to prove they're right whether someone else is also somewhat right too. Anyway, I digress...

Will the counselor be hit along with destroying the fence if they are standing directly behind the fence? Or is it a swing, break the fence without touching the counselor at all? I don't particularly care, however each has a bonus to one side or the other. The first way helps Jason because it prevents counselors from using fences to tank a hit. But it helps counselors the 2nd way by not letting them be hit once when Jason swings.

Still love that fences are breakable, because from beta footage it looked terrible with the infinites that happened with the fences. Only thing left would be for couches and cars and then it's fair play all around.

I'm going to guess that it could be both because Jason could swing through a window or a hole in a door or wall and hit someone on the other side.

image.png

The mask on the bottom right doesn't appear to have the same issues with the general shape and eyes of the game model's mask that others have pointed out. Obviously, we could use some better pics though.

Considering my previous post supporting your right to your criticism, I'm certainly not trying to "bury" it. I merely offered an alternate perspective on the situation :P

image.png

Not to be picky but are you sure these were used in the movie? The last mask image has the shredded part of the mask from the boat propeller on the wrong side.

• Like 1

Not to be picky but are you sure these were used in the movie? The last mask image has the shredded part of the mask from the boat propeller on the wrong side.

Yes, you are right. I hadn't noticed that. 

• Like 1

I kept looking at it and couldn't figure out why I thought it looked off.

Considering my previous post supporting your right to your criticism, I'm certainly not trying to "bury" it. I merely offered an alternate perspective on the situation :P

I was speaking generally, and not necessarily to you. ;)

That's a great question. I don't have the answer for that.

Your reply directly referenced my comment about lighting as well as me not personally finding it a big deal and I had posted directly before you. So obviously it leads one to assume where the direction of your comment was aimed. 

But none the less I'm merely clarifying, not trying to make an argument. Carry on.

Your reply directly referenced my comment about lighting as well as me not personally finding it a big deal and I had posted directly before you. So obviously it leads one to assume where the direction of your comment was aimed. 

But none the less I'm merely clarifying, not trying to make an argument. Carry on.

Yep, I get what you're saying- I'll try to be more specific in the future. Well, as specific as I can be with blanket statements. :)

acpzk42.png

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to the mask color so I figured I'd just post it here since there's 4 pages about the mask at this point.

• Like 1

I kept looking at it and couldn't figure out why I thought it looked off.

That's a great question. I don't have the answer for that.

It's accurate. In Jason Lives, the propeller hit on one side, the damage was on the opposite in New Blood. One of those classic Paramount era continuity errors.

acpzk42.png

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to the mask color so I figured I'd just post it here since there's 4 pages about the mask at this point.

Wich site is that conversation taking place in ?

Anyway,i'll stop complaining now,let's talk about fences again then since this is what the topic is about...

Anyway,i'll stop complaining now,let's talk about fences again then since this is what the topic is about...

That's from the Discord channel.  On topic: I hope they decide to let us walk through fences, no prompts given, in rage mode.

I would but I'm kind of on the fence. OK that was my bad joke of the day now back on topic :)

I would but I'm kind of on the fence. OK that was my bad joke of the day now back on topic :)

Join us in off topic JPops. We made that thread just for you guys. Call it an attempt at lighthearted spirit-lifting humor during the twilight days of crunch time.

I still have many fenced concerns but need to play before I can really call them concerns at this point. 

It's accurate. In Jason Lives, the propeller hit on one side, the damage was on the opposite in New Blood. One of those classic Paramount era continuity errors.

I just watched the end of part 6 and the propeller does the damage to his left side.

I'm just going to say that the last mask with the damage just wasn't used in the final movie. Probably a prototype.

If you look closely at the scene where she puts the boat propellor to his face, after the big hit that looks like it breaks his neck,

It shows her swimming with tommy back to shore,

It cuts back to Jason in the water (presumed dead) before cutting back to Megan pulling tommy ashore to try CPR.

In that short shot where it shows Jason just after the propellor is finished, it does show damage to the right side of the mask instead of the left.

In the final scene, where it shows Jason clinch his fist, it doesn't show any of the mask damage