Nothing 'pussy' about it.

I'll happily play as other counselors. I just don't wanna get stuck playing as a counselor I don't even like for weeks straight grinding endlessly just to unlock one that I do.

I mained Cindy and David on Resident Evil Outbreak when the servers were still up for that. That didn't stop me from essentially playing as every single character from time to time. The ONLY char I never touched more than once was Mark because I found him useless. But tons of matches I played as Yoko, Alyssa, Kevin, George and even Jim. 

I will gladly play as various counselors. But I would just like to do so when I 'feel' like playing them, not be forced to.

That's my personal view on it. But I know that some are gonna be locked and Adam will almost guaranteed be one of them. I just hope it's not a long grind to unlock him.

Yasss outbreak was amazing!! Cindy was also my favorite! I would still be playing if the servers were up.

• Like 1

Yasss outbreak was amazing!! Cindy was also my favorite! I would still be playing if the servers were up.

Outbreak had THE BEST INTRO EVAR. I think it ranks up there with the Soul Edge/Soul Blade intro.

In terms of gameplay, it was good. I wonder if there's some way to make it playable again now that it's been abandoned. =(

The endings of Outbreak 2 were the best. Especially the "bad" endings where everyone dies. They were super emotional.

• Like 3

Outbreak had THE BEST INTRO EVAR. I think it ranks up there with the Soul Edge/Soul Blade intro.

In terms of gameplay, it was good. I wonder if there's some way to make it playable again now that it's been abandoned. =(

The endings of Outbreak 2 were the best. Especially the "bad" endings where everyone dies. They were super emotional.

I played so much Outbreak and File 2... When those servers went down a part of my childhood died.

I was one of those freaks who liked to juke enemies with Jim/ loved to abuse David for shenanigans.

That game was a blast and a half. Quite a few folks tried to make a hacked private server for it so that you could play emulated versions online... but there wasn't enough support to get it up and running.

• Like 1

I played so much Outbreak and File 2... When those servers went down a part of my childhood died.

I was one of those freaks who liked to juke enemies with Jim/ loved to abuse David for shenanigans.

That game was a blast and a half. Quite a few folks tried to make a hacked private server for it so that you could play emulated versions online... but there wasn't enough support to get it up and running.

It's up and running and has been for quite some time. Unfortunately I don't have the hardware required to run it else I'd be on it. Plus the owners of the server are extremely petty and demand you play every match with their rules in mind (aka you can NEVER not help another player for any reason or else you get banned just as an example) and they're very cliquey so if one of them plays with you and doesn't like you for ANY given reason, (maybe they wanted that herb but you took it) they report you for 'harassment' and you get banned even though you didn't do anything wrong.

But anyway, Outbreak (especially File 2) was my favorite Online game of all time. I had thousands of hours poured on that. It had a similiar concept to F13 in the terms of working with multiple other players soley to survive. And Flashback had Axeman hunting you down throughout the level and End of the Road had Mr. X stalking you so they were very F13'ish there too.

It was just a shit ton of fun. I absolutely loved when trolls tried to ruin matches, because I'm a super team player and very friendly. But when people are assholes, I LOVE being an even bigger asshole back. So out trolling the trolls was always my favorite part.

Damn, I miss that game :/

Kevin was a sexy beast.

• Like 1

Anyway I think at least some unlockables will be great, not just for retention, but for gameplay management.

It's absolutely imperative that Vanessa stay locked long enough for players to learn all the game mechanics first. If you give a 9-year-old n00b Vanessa, they'll just play the game like it's an action game and ruin everyone else's experience. Vanessa seems on first glance to be an easy character to play, when she is in fact one of the hardest to play effectively.

I hope they add an obvious, in-your-face noise meter so you can see when your character is being too noisy, and not just the little subtle circles on your minimap. When they're playing other characters they'll learn how to keep their profile down, and when playing stealth characters will notice how much their noise level is reduced. When they finally unlock Vanessa they'll see the noise meter peak every time they move, and understand what a liability she is (as opposed to assuming she's an OP beast that should be played 24/7), and then actually play her properly.

Literally miss outbreak so much fun. 2 of my best friends and I would all use 3 way calling and play together! Ugh so much fun!

I hope Vanessa is the last counselor you unlock. Her and Bugzy are gonna be in every match I bet.

We shall see though. I'm so pumped m

I just want to chime in as well, as someone that supervises the Discord.

I wasn't witness to someone shutting down that conversation. If it was a matter of talking in absolutes, like "Devs don't know what they're doing. I know better" attitude, I would understand, but I'm all for discussing the game and that leads me to another thing

Inclusiveness: I've been aware of some of the cliquey-ness in all corners of the Discord and it's something I discourage on the whole and expressed very passionately a few months ago (but it seems like there needs to be a reminder), because I've always been of the mind that people should be able to look at the chat and see that it's fine to just jump straight in and join in on the discussions without feeling pushed out by others for one reason, or another. That being said, if you are the one that's pushing others out with insults, things mentioned in the rules, or using language that shuts them out of being a part of the conversation, that could get you shut out.

There is going to be a mod-meeting soon today to discuss again, some of the things that have been troubling me.

• Like 5

On April 21, 2017 at 0:31 PM, JasonTakesOmegle said:

I wasn't witness to someone shutting down that conversation. If it was a matter of talking in absolutes, like "Devs don't know what they're doing. I know better" attitude, I would understand, but I'm all for discussing the game and that leads me to another thing

Inclusiveness: I've been aware of some of the cliqueiness in all corners of the Discord and it's something I discourage on the whole and expressed very passionately a few months ago (but it seems like there needs to be a reminder), because I've always been of the mind that people should be able to look at the chat and see that it's fine to just jump straight in and join in on the discussions without feeling pushed out by others for one reason, or another. That being said, if you are the one that's pushing others out with insults, things mentioned in the rules, or using language that shuts them out of being a part of the conversation, that could get you shut out.

There is going to be a mod-meeting soon today to discuss again, some of the things that have been troubling me.

Why doesn't the clique just make one for their clique or why not just start a new one and leave the clique to their cliquey-ness? Regardless, it doesn't matter to me. I've only mentioned it as I only hear bad things about it. Hope you guys figure it out though- building a community takes all kinds of people.

On April 21, 2017 at 3:31 PM, JasonTakesOmegle said:

Inclusiveness: I've been aware of some of the cliqueiness in all corners of the Discord and it's something I discourage on the whole and expressed very passionately a few months ago (but it seems like there needs to be a reminder), because I've always been of the mind that people should be able to look at the chat and see that it's fine to just jump straight in and join in on the discussions without feeling pushed out by others for one reason, or another. That being said, if you are the one that's pushing others out with insults, things mentioned in the rules, or using language that shuts them out of being a part of the conversation, that could get you shut out.

I totally agree with this.  Too often forums get taken over by the same few posters...which comes across as cliquey and unwelcoming.

*I personally like unlocks....

14 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Why doesn't the clique just make one for their clique or why not just start a new one and leave the clique to their cliquey-ness? Regardless, it doesn't matter to me. I've only mentioned it as I only hear bad things about it. Hope you guys figure it out though- building a community takes all kinds of people.

There are a lot of regular, active users and that could be perceived as cliquey, but I've had people join a month ago and within the month, they've always made a good impression and they earned mod status, another earning mod and then admin status, as the Discord was gaining numbers and we needed more mods, while other mods that have been around for ages may not have moved up so quickly. Even in a general sense, there's members that are quickly well-received within the Discord. There's a lot of different timezones and sleep patterns, so there's really no need to limit yourself to the same handful of people, especially when there's a lot of awesome people to talk with and some make top-tier Friday the 13th memes. I can't get enough of that.

Ass-kissing doesn't get you very far, either, it's just about being active and friendly with everyone else and recognising bad behaviour and bringing it to light, without being toxic yourself. There's been examples of ass-kissing from some members and while they've been active for months, they get argumentative with people and are closer to getting muted or banned, than modded, so, it's hard to really pin-point where it's "too" cliquey, but when you've got a Discord server filled with inactive users that don't necessarily talk about the game, or the movies, or anything for that matter and only show up when someone from Gun, or IllFonic show up, you're gonna see a lot of the same names.

I haven't seen people say bad things about the Discord in the sense of being cliquey, so I don't know whether I'm on the same page. I just try to remind members, mods and admin to all be as inclusive as they can, try not to have conversations that could alienate people and try not be dismissive of other people, unless someone is just complaining too much about a release date, or something equally asinine, or topics that just devolve into toxic arguments. Sometimes I've seen people say that they feel ignored, but the chat does move fast, sometimes and people are already going full-speed on a particular topic, but I try to catch it and try to get a conversation going with them. It's become harder, now that some rooms that I've implemented have been removed.

The complaints may even be that they are just salty for some other reason. I've only ever seen the odd posts on the Steam forums from bad eggs that got themselves banned from Discord 10 minutes prior. Some of them were new and didn't read the rules and/or just kept rubbing everyone the wrong way, so of course they're gonna see a lot of active users get mad at the same time and that's not necessarily cliquey. They just said the wrong thing at the wrong time and it's usually not the first time they've said it, or something else either. Some people cross the line sooner than others and there are people right now that have been walking a thin line for weeks, or months and eventually everyone's going to get tired of it.

There was someone the other day that joined and wanted to ignite a console war out of boredom. He was banned by another mod, rather than muted, so I unbanned him. He re-joined and I put him on mute, and DM'd him so I could explain that, that behaviour is not tolerated and that he should read the rules (where you are sent, when you first join). He apologised and re-joined. 24 hours later, he started using homophobic slurs over and over and got banned for good. So, I have been making an effort for people to have second chances, but some overstay their welcome.

There's even been instances where long term mods have been de-modded and even banned. Same for long-term active members. I'm the kind of person that'll say "That's a shame. I really of liked you, too." and then click ban, if someone really crosses the line (or give the okay to a mod that's brought them to my attention, or review a ban, if I wasn't there at the time), because I put the integrity of the server before everything else. If someone has an issue with cliquey-ness on the server, they are more than welcome to DM me (because I don't get those kinds of DMs) and let me know, because I will happily look into it.

Since the mod meeting, there has been a new system that we're trialling, that hopefully better handles people better, before they get out of hand, so they can be given a proper second chance and so far, so good. Out of the 1000s that have joined since around the BETA, only about 50 have been banned and about 10 of them have been the one person rejoining with a new account to try spam the chats with inappropriate images and links.

(which are thwarted by the fact that we use a levelling system to unlock the ability to post images and links, as you have to prove you are there to participate in conversations) <--- Way to bring it back to the thread topic. Level-to-Unlock, ftw!

In the release date announcement video they flip through the Jasons in the character select screen and the order is as follows:

3, 7, 2, 6, 8, 9

It's possible that may be the order of unlocking them. They also flip through the counselors, may be the same. Pure speculation.

Edit:

3, 7, 2 was the order in the beta if I remember right so this seems possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

In the release date announcement video they flip through the Jasons in the character select screen and the order is as follows:

3, 7, 2, 6, 8, 9

It's possible that may be the order of unlocking them. They also flip through the counselors, may be the same. Pure speculation.

Edit:

3, 7, 2 was the order in the beta if I remember right so this seems possible.

Oh god... if that's true then Tiffany would be the last counselor we unlock. 

Ugh