I tried to search and see if someone made a topic like this but did not see one, I apologize in advance if someone did.

While I was surprised and amused that you could hear the Jason player talking to you as a councilor during the beta I now think it kind of detracts from the experience. Jason never talks during any of the movies to my knowledge and if he does, I doubt he sounded like a 13 year old going, "I'm gonna make you suck my balls, pussy." 

So on the one hand that's funny, but on the other hand its not exactly immersive if that's what you're going for. Is there an option to mute the person playing as Jason while you're a councilor? I honestly don't remember. I know you can mute other councilors so I assume you can mute Jason too. 

• Like 2

I'd be surprised if you couldn't mute Jason as well, but I agree I would hate to have a 13 year old voicing Jason in the manner you said.

On the other hand, one of the funniest moments was when I was chased by a Jason playing old country music. I think for a couple of games I am going to play this song on loop, just to scare them even more:

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if you couldn't mute Jason as well, but I agree I would hate to have a 13 year old voicing Jason in the manner you said.

On the other hand, one of the funniest moments was when I was chased by a Jason playing old country music. I think for a couple of games I am going to play this song on loop, just to scare them even more:

LOL. I'm planning on chasing folks around as Jason while talking like Bruce from Family Guy.

I tried to search and see if someone made a topic like this but did not see one, I apologize in advance if someone did.

While I was surprised and amused that you could hear the Jason player talking to you as a councilor during the beta I now think it kind of detracts from the experience. Jason never talks during any of the movies to my knowledge and if he does, I doubt he sounded like a 13 year old going, "I'm gonna make you suck my balls, pussy." 

So on the one hand that's funny, but on the other hand its not exactly immersive if that's what you're going for. Is there an option to mute the person playing as Jason while you're a councilor? I honestly don't remember. I know you can mute other councilors so I assume you can mute Jason too. 

good idea, i agree with u :D * Jason never talks during any of the movies to my knowledge and if he does, I doubt he sounded like a 13 year old going, "I'm gonna make you suck my balls, pussy." *

Well if that's the case I'm pretty partial to the Benny Hill theme myself. 

Yeah I agree the Jason player shouldn't be able to speak during matches. Make's little sense. Could be some right annoying muppets on the mic which would break immersion. I'm not really sure why they are able to. 

I find the childish banter between players and Jason to be hilarious. It was one of my favorite things about the beta. I feel like the social interaction carries the game a long way if you let it. Having the option to mute anyone makes total sense, but I think forcing a muted Jason would be a poor choice. Not everyone is super anal about immersion and being true to the movie. A lot of us just want to have fun.

I find the childish banter between players and Jason to be hilarious. It was one of my favorite things about the beta. I feel like the social interaction carries the game a long way if you let it. Having the option to mute anyone makes total sense, but I think forcing a muted Jason would be a poor choice. Not everyone is super anal about immersion and being true to the movie. A lot of us just want to have fun.

Has a Jason who claimed to be working for Microsoft, telling me I had a virus and needed him to remove it...something was off about that.

But if no one can hear me as jason how can i yell out "anyone home" when entering cabins

Yea I ask people if I can get a cup of sugar

Or when I bust thru the wall I'm like OOOOOH YEAAAAAA

just like Kool-Aid

• Like 2

Yea I ask people if I can get a cup of sugar

Or when I bust thru the wall I'm like OOOOOH YEAAAAAA

just like Kool-Aid

Makes it more fun when playing jason and yelling random shit but if everyone mutes u then its no point cause u would be the only one that could hear yourself

I'm not going to lie, if I hear someone say "I'm going to make you suck my balls, pussy," I am actually going to laugh my ass off for a month after reading this thread.

Yeah I agree the Jason player shouldn't be able to speak during matches. Make's little sense. Could be some right annoying muppets on the mic which would break immersion. I'm not really sure why they are able to. 

Why not??? I agree with the mute option, but he should be able to use voip too, i had so many funny moments with speaking Jasons, its just great.

• Like 1

Why not??? I agree with the mute option, but he should be able to use voip too, i had so many funny moments with speaking Jasons, its just great.

Agreed it'd suck for friend to friend play.

• Like 1