HodderFodder

What were the kill controls and default kill setup in beta?

Questions for the beta players.

I watched a lot of Youtube gameplay vids and it seemed like Jason killed a lot of people by choking them. I understand the Choke was the default, and that if the kill window timed out while Jason held a victim, he just automatically choked them out.

Question 1: What were the controls to select a kill? I noticed you had 4 set kills displayed in the lower right hand corner--choke, and then other kills depending on Jason/weapon. Also there were environmental kills.

So how did you select which kill to use? How did you select one of your default kills? Was it hard to select them, thus people accidentally choked victims due to timing out?

Question 2: Could you change your default kill setup? I know that it varied based on Jason, Weapon, and any special leveling stuff you picked up, but I'm wondering if you could for instance, swap out the Choke for something else.

• Like 1

Questions for the beta players.

I watched a lot of Youtube gameplay vids and it seemed like Jason killed a lot of people by choking them. I understand the Choke was the default, and that if the kill window timed out while Jason held a victim, he just automatically choked them out.

Question 1: What were the controls to select a kill? I noticed you had 4 set kills displayed in the lower right hand corner--choke, and then other kills depending on Jason/weapon. Also there were environmental kills.

So how did you select which kill to use? How did you select one of your default kills? Was it hard to select them, thus people accidentally choked victims due to timing out?

Question 2: Could you change your default kill setup? I know that it varied based on Jason, Weapon, and any special leveling stuff you picked up, but I'm wondering if you could for instance, swap out the Choke for something else.

First, all Jason's have four default kills. People are not choked out when the "kill window" timed out, because there is no "kill window" and no timing out. The longer Jason holds a counselor the more risk he has of them getting out of his grip and being stunned. Environmental kills were independent of the kills you have available, meaning all environmental kills are available as long as you're near the object that allows you to do that kill. Choke (in my opinion) was used so much by players because it's a short animation and allowed the Jason player to get back to the killing quicker.

Now onto your questions.

1. I never played on the keyboard, so I can't give you input on those controls. I used an Xbox controller and for that the right trigger was used to grab people and the four face buttons (X, A, B, Y) are used to trigger kills. For environmental kills you walk up to the object that allows the kill and press A. It wasn't hard to select kills, but for some reason if you were standing on a hill or a really cramped area, some kills would not trigger. It was somewhat annoying and I hope it's fixed in the full game.

2. Yes you can in fact change your kill setup. Before the match as you're picking your Jason, there's four slots where you can pick different kills from a pretty good selection. To get more kills you need to level up and earn "CP" and you get 1 a level. If I remember correctly each kill cost 3-6 points each. Word to the wise? Get rid of choke as soon as you can. Be a real man and punch those counselors head off with your bare hands.

• Like 5

Word to the wise? Get rid of choke as soon as you can. Be a real man and punch those counselors head off with your bare hands.

I'm a fan of headstomp, myself. Anyways, thanks for all the details!

First, all Jason's have four default kills. People are not choked out when the "kill window" timed out, because there is no "kill window" and no timing out. The longer Jason holds a counselor the more risk he has of them getting out of his grip and being stunned. Environmental kills were independent of the kills you have available, meaning all environmental kills are available as long as you're near the object that allows you to do that kill. Choke (in my opinion) was used so much by players because it's a short animation and allowed the Jason player to get back to the killing quicker.

Now onto your questions.

1. I never played on the keyboard, so I can't give you input on those controls. I used an Xbox controller and for that the right trigger was used to grab people and the four face buttons (X, A, B, Y) are used to trigger kills. For environmental kills you walk up to the object that allows the kill and press A. It wasn't hard to select kills, but for some reason if you were standing on a hill or a really cramped area, some kills would not trigger. It was somewhat annoying and I hope it's fixed in the full game.

2. Yes you can in fact change your kill setup. Before the match as you're picking your Jason, there's four slots where you can pick different kills from a pretty good selection. To get more kills you need to level up and earn "CP" and you get 1 a level. If I remember correctly each kill cost 3-6 points each. Word to the wise? Get rid of choke as soon as you can. Be a real man and punch those counselors head off with your bare hands.

Thanks for the in depth breakdown, I appreciate it. 

Now onto your questions.

That was an interesting read. Thanks man.

Indeed, thank you for the info. The part 3 headcrush i'm looking forward to dishing out. I wonder if the flying eyeball makes it in the final cut?!