wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

Wikipedia is saying the game is coming out 2nd quarter 2017. You guys are still stating early/1st quarter 2017. I really don't know what to think or who to believe anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game

Anyone can edit Wikipedia pages so not everything on there can be believed

To be on topic of the post I will be maining Eric for sure

• Like 2

yea I didn't expect edgy guy to have that low intelligence compared to everyone else since it is tied to repairing and I thought the point of his character was fixing stuff. I don't expect his int to be as high as bookish girl though.

Wikipedia is saying the game is coming out 2nd quarter 2017. You guys are still stating early/1st quarter 2017. I really don't know what to think or who to believe anymore. 

Google/Wikipedia is probably using the 30 days before the game is released into account as the days go by. But the 30 days aren't applicable anymore, so I wouldn't believe it. 

I'm curious to see how the stamina has been tweaked. I'll try everyone out. Definitely leaning towards Tiff or AJ. I see Vanessa and Bugzy armies approaching the near future.

Google/Wikipedia is probably using the 30 days before the game is released into account as the days go by. But the 30 days aren't applicable anymore, so I wouldn't believe it. 

why arent they?

Technically. we're currently in the second quarter and the release will likely fall in it. That said, they're going by a four-month Early, Mid, Late thing instead of the more traditional quarters.

Having the knowledge to do one thing =/= Intelligence.

Knowing lots about fixing cars is Wisdom not Intelligence. Intelligence is problem solving and absorbing new information, wisdom is information you have already learned.

Unfortunately that's the downside of this system. Int is directly tied to car repair speed. This is where a personal perk to increase only car repair speed would of come in handy. I agree he should fix cars faster, but giving him a high int so he does it really fast? I'm not on board with that.

Yeah but there is no Wisdom stat. This is the point I was making. Obviously from a real life standpoint, Eric and Deborah for example clearly would have a much higher intelligence than Adam. But in a video game where Intelligence is solely tied to repairing stuff and has no bearing on actual intelligence otherwise, having the guy who is all about fixing cars essentially suck at fixing cars stat wise while the bookish girl and computer hacker can repair a car like it's nobodies business makes little sense.

It was also mentioned that Adam might have a perk that allows him to fix cars faster. But the problem with this is that the guy who works on cars for a living is essentially worthless with them without that perk, whereas the nerdy girl and guy can fix them easily without a perk.

Think of it this way, Deborah for example can already repair things faster than anyone and already has a high stealth and composure stat which are the two most useful stats in the game. She can also use perks that increase those stats even moreso and make her virtually invisible to Jason while still repairing everything instantly. This makes her pretty OP.

Adam on the other hand is supposed to be great at fixing cars but needs a perk to do so as innately, he sucks at it. He already has low stealth on top of that. So now he needs to waste a perk on being able to fix a car and then try to suppliment the other 2 perks on increasing his stealth and such and even with those he'll STILL be worse than Deborah is by default without perks.

Again, from a theoretic standpoint, Deborah and Eric should 100% totally be smarter than Adam and have a higher intelligence. But when your intelligence stat effects only one thing and you market a character as being really good at that one thing and then have him suck at it while the other two are amazing at it, it's just weird.

Think of it like Vanessa being marketed as the Athletic girl but having a 3 stat in Speed/Stamina and needing a perk to make her good at both of those. But innately she sucks at them. That wouldn't make any sense would it? Thus how i feel about Adam's intelligence stat. Adam isn't marketed as being intelligent, he's marketed as being good at fixing cars. And the only stat that effects that is intelligence. And he has really low intelligence out of the group. It's just weird.

Again if he had like a 7 out of 10, I could be more flexible my criticism of it. But 4/10 is really low. Again, even Kenny and AJ are higher than him. 

Eric and Deborah aside, even AJ and Kenny can repair the cars faster and better than Adam can by default. That doesn't really make a lot of sense. 

If you don't want him to be able to repair the phone and power as easily as he can repair a car, then there should be a seperate stat for car repair compared to phone/power repair. Because if you can tell me that a nerdy bookworm knows how to repair a car because she gets good grades (Seriously, find me many movies where the nerdy girl/guy was also a car whiz, usually it's the opposite), then you should be able to swing the fact the car repair guy can fix a power box or phone too. Because the real world logic behind the intelligence stat goes out the window there and becomes solely a stat focused on ability to repair and no actual intelligence.

• Like 4

So there are two characteristics relevant to stamina to consider. Once you get in and start playing, you'll see/feel what I'm talking about. 

-W

Sounds great, Wes. When did you say we could get in and start playing again? :P

He may not even need a perk/boost. 

Did you ever think that maybe BECAUSE he is the 'car' guy that his mini game to repair the car is just REALLY easy by default? Like even those with high intelligence can fail at it or stumble at it during the mini game. Maybe his windows are much larger simply because he is the car guy? That would not require a change to intelligence in order to stay in line with his character.

So with a 4/10 he would have a rough time repairing the phone/power but with the car his mini game might be a breeze and far ahead of anyone else even those WITH high intelligence.

We haven't even seen him in action yet so if he is being touted as the car guy, I'm sure there is something in place that makes his ability to fix cars much higher than anyone else. As I said, could simply be his mini game by default. 

• Like 3

He may not even need a perk/boost. 

Did you ever think that maybe BECAUSE he is the 'car' guy that his mini game to repair the car is just REALLY easy by default? Like even those with high intelligence can fail at it or stumble at it during the mini game. Maybe his windows are much larger simply because he is the car guy? That would not require a change to intelligence in order to stay in line with his character.

So with a 4/10 he would have a rough time repairing the phone/power but with the car his mini game might be a breeze and far ahead of anyone else even those WITH high intelligence.

We haven't even seen him in action yet so if he is being touted as the car guy, I'm sure there is something in place that makes his ability to fix cars much higher than anyone else. As I said, could simply be his mini game by default. 

If that is the case, I would have no real problem with it for the most part. But from what was stated, Intelligence itself seemed to be what directly effected the repair mini game and how easy it was and how much room for error you had. There's nothing else in the game that I can think of to suggest any character otherwise innately gets a stat bonus on one specific area and not another without actually having that stat (IE: Deborah getting a huge strength boost when using a baseball bat as opposed to any other weapon where she sucks with them). So I would find it very surprising if Adam was singled out for this bonus.

• Like 1

I think there are other things in line though.

For instance it was highly speculated in the beta (not fully confirmed) and even said by the devs at one point a while back before the beta that a certain character (girl next door) would have a much higher chance of actually being able to kill Jason. (speculated in beta she may be the only one who can or at least is needed to do it) but that isn't tied to stats and is tied to archtype.

So, Adam's car repair skills probably supersede the stats and is based on his archtype. We'll probably find that with all of the counselors in some way, that the archtype may determine something and it not be reliant on the stats.

• Like 1

I think there are other things in line though.

For instance it was highly speculated in the beta (not fully confirmed) and even said by the devs at one point a while back before the beta that a certain character (girl next door) would have a much higher chance of actually being able to kill Jason. (speculated in beta she may be the only one who can or at least is needed to do it) but that isn't tied to stats and is tied to archtype.

So, Adam's car repair skills probably supersede the stats and is based on his archtype. We'll probably find that with all of the counselors in some way, that the archtype may determine something and it not be reliant on the stats.

Pretty sure stuff like that was going to be tied to Abilities, which didn't make it in the game.

If Adam has low intelligence, even if he was dubbed a « grease-monkey », he won't be good at fixing the car. I doubt that they would give this one counselor a secret advantage other than stats just because of his tropes

• Like 1

Pretty sure stuff like that was going to be tied to Abilities, which didn't make it in the game.

If Adam has low intelligence, even if he was dubbed a « grease-monkey », he won't be good at fixing the car. I doubt that they would give this one counselor a secret advantage other than stats just because of his tropes

Exactly my point, no one else in the game really has any "I have a shitty stat for this but in this ONE situation i'm actually amazing at it!" kind of bonus going for them.

So Adam being singled out for that would be very surprising. 

It's just odd to say the guy who loves cars and talks about cars and fixes cars etc. by default sucks at fixing them and even a computer hacker, a bookworm, and a Rocker Punk can repair better than him and that he NEEDS to use a perk to be good at it. Again, it'd be like making Vanessa NEED a perk to be fast, or Deborah NEED a perk to be smart.

Abilities didn't, but they were also going to be something chosen it looked like. I imagine a passive 'ability' per counselor is not out of the realm of possibility and doesn't require any activating or choosing, just standard in game.

• Like 1

Abilities didn't, but they were also going to be something chosen it looked like. I imagine a passive 'ability' per counselor is not out of the realm of possibility and doesn't require any activating or choosing, just standard in game.

If something like that existed I'd be fine with it like I said. It's the simple fact that it's merely speculation and nothing shown has indicated something like that exists. So based solely off of what we know in how the game actually works, Adam's intelligence stat makes no sense. If they come along and explain there's passive perks, I'll happily shut up about it and be A-ok. 

But in the meantime, I obviously question it because I don't understand it. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Exactly my point, no one else in the game really has any "I have a shitty stat for this but in this ONE situation i'm actually amazing at it!" kind of bonus going for them.

So Adam being singled out for that would be very surprising. 

It's just odd to say the guy who loves cars and talks about cars and fixes cars etc. by default sucks at fixing them and even a computer hacker, a bookworm, and a Rocker Punk can repair better than him and that he NEEDS to use a perk to be good at it. Again, it'd be like making Vanessa NEED a perk to be fast, or Deborah NEED a perk to be smart.

We don't exactly know that though. We only have play from the beta in which 'abilities' were 'coming soon' ... they could have tied something ... a singular thing that is passive to each archtype. We simply don't know yet. I also believe when abilities were scrapped they said what they had in mind was scrapped, not that they didn't impliment something in by default.

We don't exactly know that though. We only have play from the beta in which 'abilities' were 'coming soon' ... they could have tied something ... a singular thing that is passive to each archtype. We simply don't know yet. I also believe when abilities were scrapped they said what they had in mind was scrapped, not that they didn't impliment something in by default.

Abilities were scrapped and won't be in at launch. May come at a later date. Perks were the only thing they kept. They never stated or hinted that they put something else in place of abilities. 

Hooboy. This whole thread is going to devolve into "My favorite counselor doesn't have the stats I want them to have so now I need to bitch for ten pages." isn't it? 

• Like 4

True, but they also have been keeping some things under wraps. They have given us a lot of info, but there are things I'm sure have not been told to us yet so we have SOMETHING to discover when the game does launch.

So again, just based on how well they have stayed true to the franchise, I am sure they have something in place to fit what has been touted for the counselors.

Hooboy. This whole thread is going to devolve into "My favorite counselor doesn't have the stats I want them to have so now I need to bitch for ten pages." isn't it? 

Yes! God forbid people discuss stats in a thread named : « Counselor stats » -_-

• Like 2

If that was the case I'd be saying Adam needs higher stealth and such. I'm not.

I don't think it's bias or even wrong to question why a guy marketed as being the car fixer guy sucks at fixing cars?

I'm not even arguing either. Merely discussing, which is the point of a discussion forum?

Yes! God forbid people discuss stats in a thread named : « Counselor stats » -_-

Discussing is fine. Repeating the same comment over and over was what got me

If that was the case I'd be saying Adam needs higher stealth and such. I'm not.

I don't think it's bias or even wrong to question why a guy marketed as being the car fixer guy sucks at fixing cars?

I'm not even arguing either. Merely discussing, which is the point of a discussion forum?

The reason I noted it was that you noted it  3 times prior to my post before engaging in conversation. (Posts 25, 30, 32, all on page 2) 

Kim's going to be better based on her int unless perks are implemented. Is it wholly accurate? No. but it may or may not be how things work. 

With that, I'm curious how would you stat out Palomino? What would you drop to boost his Int? Composure? Speed? 

As for me, really happy and excited about these stats reveals!

My only two disappointments are that

-Jenny's stats kinda imply the Final girls survive through luck, since she represents the trope. Kinda feel like composure and strenght would have suited her better, but maybe luck makes more of a difference than in the beta. Also you can see that they seem to be specializing her as sort of a brawler, cause one of the perks they picked for her seems to imply weapon mastery or something similar, but still.. 1 strenght? xd. Tiffany is stronger than that!

-Like ikarikh said, Adam being sucky at repairing cars after being advertised as the grease monkey is weird.

Other than that I feel like all the stats seem very cool and thematically coherent! I also can't wait to learn more about perks and I wonder if they'll allow us to derive from our tropes. I'm mostly going to be playing Tiffany and I'd love to make her a terminator through perks.

• Like 3

I'm curious to see how the stamina has been tweaked. I'll try everyone out. Definitely leaning towards Tiff or AJ. I see Vanessa and Bugzy armies approaching the near future.

Oh I'll be playing as Bugzy, but as a role of a defender. Not a runner.

• Like 2