So during the beta I survived a few times from the match timer and the game automatically ending. But I always felt like this lacked...substance? I think it would a really cool idea if during the last few minutes of the game the sun began to come up and how you survive the match by the timer is surviving until dawn basically. So instead of just boom the match being over the sun would slowly come up and just as it starts to the match ends.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

• Like 2

Not a bad idea, but as I recall the last minute or two gets increased excited/chase music, regardless of proximity to Jason, that really got the blood pumping if you made it that long.

I feel some of that adrenaline rush might be lost if the suns coming out, especially because you're using every nook and cranny to hide at that point, even if it only buys you a few seconds. 

Perhaps the exits where the police usually show up lose their fog so you can run for it as well as the sun rising a little, or perhaps a bus full of counsellors shows up?

• Like 1

I do agree with the idea of spicing up surviving by outlasting the time limit.

Whether its...

- A change to dawn

- A cutscene that doesn't show us Jason going back to his shack constantly

- A swat team showing up as the cutscene, sort of like Jason Goes To Hell, only they aren't hiding

- Maybe your survivor is in the canoe, in the lake, like the ending for the original

• Like 1

So during the beta I survived a few times from the match timer and the game automatically ending. But I always felt like this lacked...substance? I think it would a really cool idea if during the last few minutes of the game the sun began to come up and how you survive the match by the timer is surviving until dawn basically. So instead of just boom the match being over the sun would slowly come up and just as it starts to the match ends.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

I've had the exact thoughts on the sun coming up signifying the end of the match. The music sting could rise as it did in the beta's last few minutes as light begins to come out and the match could end in a white-out screen transition.

• Like 2

I do agree with the idea of spicing up surviving by outlasting the time limit.

- Maybe your survivor is in the canoe, in the lake, like the ending for the original

I like this one. You could also maybe have the Jason players cut scene going back to the shed and have a scene seen by the counselor players of them together (whoever is still left alive) being tended to by paramedics since that's how the majority of the movies end. Probably would be tricky to do though.

And have the dead counselors lined up under sheets.

• Like 2

One thing I'd like to see maybe in the future is the ability to change match times ... perhaps an option for 30 minutes, maybe 40 at the most. 

Of course increased timers would have to increase police duration to arrive on scene. Like 7.5 minutes in 30 minute match and 10 minutes for a 40 min match.

That is the only thing I really wished in the beta was for the matches to last a little longer. This doesn't automatically mean everyone will survive either. Plenty of times in the beta people hadn't gotten a car, police or escaped at all and just sat out the 20 minutes. I think longer matches would be an incentive to not simply try and sit a match out. And in scenarios where car is gone or boat etc and you haven't yet repaired the phone, you have a longer play of that cat and mouse.

Not sure if anyone else feels this way but I'd certainly be up for somewhat longer lasting matches.

• Like 1

One thing I'd like to see maybe in the future is the ability to change match times ... perhaps an option for 30 minutes, maybe 40 at the most. 

Of course increased timers would have to increase police duration to arrive on scene. Like 7.5 minutes in 30 minute match and 10 minutes for a 40 min match.

That is the only thing I really wished in the beta was for the matches to last a little longer. This doesn't automatically mean everyone will survive either. Plenty of times in the beta people hadn't gotten a car, police or escaped at all and just sat out the 20 minutes. I think longer matches would be an incentive to not simply try and sit a match out. And in scenarios where car is gone or boat etc and you haven't yet repaired the phone, you have a longer play of that cat and mouse.

Not sure if anyone else feels this way but I'd certainly be up for somewhat longer lasting matches.

Completely agree I would love if we could enter lobbies with longer match timers sometimes I feel like it is a bit to short at times.

I would feel sorry for the one that gets picked off in the first five minutes though.

The more game modes that they have the harder and longer it takes to find matches

But for a Private match they can have all the type of options they want since it would be really easy to find a match lol

• Like 1