Risinggrave

MCU discussion

Since it's been popular enough, why not make a topic for our favorite live action heroes?

but this is a f13 game forum?

This is the Off Topic section, right where a thread like this one belongs so it's all good.

but this is a f13 game forum?

Indeed it is. Your attention to detail astonishes me. 

This is the Off Topic section, right where a thread like this one belongs so it's all good.

Yeah, we were diverging on an actual thread so I figured this may be the way to go before mods came in and told us to get back on topic. 

Literally so psyched for Defenders!

Sigourney weaver is gonna be the villain!

Literally nerdgasm

Mid 2017!!

Indeed it is. Your attention to detail astonishes me. 

its not that hard to pay attention to detail when this forum literally says "Friday the 13th: the game" and there's also no need to be a smart ass in the first place ;-)

its not that hard to pay attention to detail when this forum literally says "Friday the 13th: the game" and there's also no need to be a smart ass in the first place ;-)

Dude, if I wasn't a smart ass, I'd have like 3 posts and nobody would like me. 

77% of my posts are snark, 20% are my views on various subjects and 3% are hidden in bloody tomes of eldritch lore. 

To be fair, there was no need to point out that this was a F13TG forum either. He was just returning the favor in response. It's an off-topic section of the forum which is specifically made to be able to discuss stuff other than the main focus of the forum. So pointing out what the main focus of the forum was and why a topic in the off-topic section that isn't the main focus was made was kinda irrelevant and silly. Thus why he replied the way he did.

I mean no offense by my statement, just kinda clarifying the situation.

Moving on back to the topic at hand, I was gonna comment on this in the other topic before you guys moved it here but Jessica Jones is hands down my favorite of the MCU shows so far. I know it's not for everyone but personally I loved it a lot. The storyline was the most interesting and the villain was captivating. I can't wait for Season 2. DareDevil was also really good although I liked s2 less than s1. 

And Luke Cage wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as the other two. The villains I felt were really weak, especially Diamondback. They just didn't have the same presence as Kilgrave and Kingpin.

I haven't watched Iron Fist yet but it looks like it might be my least favorite. It just doesn't look that interesting and the main actor is extremely unappealing.

I absolutely love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. though. One of my current fav tv shows.

I really like the DC shows too. Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Gotham etc. They're really fun too. But this is a MCU thread so I'll limit my DC discussion :)

I'm a whore for Super Hero TV/Movies lol.

IMDB has it listed as august 18 2017

In "Gun Time" that's mid 2017. 

To be fair, there was no need to point out that this was a F13TG forum either. He was just returning the favor in response. It's an off-topic section of the forum which is specifically made to be able to discuss stuff other than the main focus of the forum. So pointing out what the main focus of the forum was and why a topic in the off-topic section that isn't the main focus was made was kinda irrelevant and silly. Thus why he replied the way he did.

Moving on back to the topic at hand, I was gonna comment on this in the other topic before you guys moved it here but Jessica Jones is hands down my favorite of the MCU shows so far. I know it's not for everyone but personally I loved it a lot. The storyline was the most interesting and the villain was captivating. I can't wait for Season 2. DareDevil was also really good although I liked s2 less than s1. 

And Luke Cage wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as the other two. The villains I felt were really weak, especially Diamondback. They just didn't have the same presence as Kilgrave and Kingpin.

I haven't watched Iron Fist yet but it looks like it might be my least favorite. It just doesn't look that interesting and the main actor is extremely unappealing.

I absolutely love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. though. One of my current fav tv shows.

I really like the DC shows too. Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Gotham etc. They're really fun too. But this is a MCU thread so I'll limit my DC discussion :)

Also, I'm a fan of poking at Captain Obvious. 

With that a few spoilers for anybody who hasn't seen DD, JJ or LC. 

I didn't like JJ much. Most of the protagonists were unlikable, Cage, Claire,  and Trish were the exceptions. I was hoping somebody would just slap the shit out of Jessica. The other problem I had was the whole revolving door "get the Purple Man" arc. They can't get him, then they botch it, then he escapes, then... It got tedious.

On the upside having Nuke sneak into the show was unexpected and awesome and Kilgrave was a downright monster. Trish being "Hellcat" was a nice continuity nod as well. However as I've said before the show was a slog and I struggled through the middle episodes.

As far as Cage, I liked it well enough, but thought Diamondback was a bit over the top. Cottonmouth was awesome and I'm sad he didn't end up as the main antagonist. 

And DD. I also prefer season 1 of DD, but I'm a sucker for the "Man without Fear" origin story Miller put out as well. Spoiler for that series: This is my favorite sequence for Murdock on the printed page. Also Miller's "It's a wonder he isn't a villain." comments really cemented the gritty year 1 Daredevil as a favorite. (Note: you'll have to skim down a bit before Miller's comments begin.)

Iron fist has been ok in the three episodes I've watched. Time will tell if it is good. Agents is a show I try to get into, but it's hard. I'm midway into season 2. I watch a few now and then. As far as the DC stuff, I'm watching on Netflix so a season behind but that's also pretty good. It's not as tight as the Netflix Marvel stuff, but enjoyable. 

The irony of a thread being derailed that was made to stop derailing another thread is strong here. :)

I was thinking the same. Ah well, I don't mind derailment and like natural flow. I just was hoping the topic didn't get shut down because I like talking comics, and figure with as slow as things have been on the forum, any discussion is good discussion. 

It seems much like how the success of Iron Man started the MCU, my sig and profile pic has done the same for this thread. 

I really liked Jessica Jones as well. The villain was really great and so was the story. I'd say that it's not really for everyone being that the idea of a superhero show to many people requires a lot of action and anything short of that is considered boring or slow. 

I'll have to disagree with you when it comes to Cotton Mouth. I believe that he was an amazing villain, and one of the best. When you see his upbringing and how he became what he is today, it's actually very sad. That's actually something most of the Netflix shows share; sympathetic villains. To be fair, unless the villain had powers, he was never going to be a physical threat to Cage but that's what I loved initially. I loved how they found others ways to hurt him. *SPOILER* That is, until they introduced the judas bullets which I thought was cheap and lazy from a storytelling standpoint. Diamondback...you don't want to get me started on him; I'll just say that Cotton Mouth shouldn't have been killed.

I didn't start watching Agents of Shield until around the third season because I never thought I'd be interested enough in a show about people that worked for Shield. Hearing about the show made me say to myself "so we're pretty much going to be seeing Agents do what Coulson did for all the movies he was in? No thanks.". It didn't help that some people were saying that the show wasn't good. I've since watched it...it's good.

I'm thinking how is anyone gonna go up against the defenders. Luke cage is indestructible besides the special bullets nothing harms him. Daredevil has super senses, iron fist is a professional martial artist and can summon super strength. Not sure what Jessica jones is like as haven't watched yet.

Seems like a pretty unbeatable team to me though.

I'm thinking how is anyone gonna go up against the defenders. Luke cage is indestructible besides the special bullets nothing harms him. Daredevil has super senses, iron fist is a professional martial artist and can summon super strength. Not sure what Jessica jones is like as haven't watched yet.

Some slight spoilers:

Matt's beatable, and I'm assuming Danny is too (no spoilers to correct me if I'm wrong, thanks), Jessica got KO'ed by a random person at her lowest showing and Cage has weak points (a shotgun nearly killed him once.)

Rumor is Sigourney Weaver may be playing the great evil beast, and as she is supposed to be affiliated with the Hand, I'm sure that our heroes will find trouble over the eight episode run. 

Some slight spoilers:

Matt's beatable, and I'm assuming Danny is too (no spoilers to correct me if I'm wrong, thanks), Jessica got KO'ed by a random person at her lowest showing and Cage has weak points (a shotgun nearly killed him once.)

Rumor is Sigourney Weaver may be playing the great evil beast, and as she is supposed to be affiliated with the Hand, I'm sure that our heroes will find trouble over the eight episode run. 

I'm willing to bet the challenge will be more internal than external. For all intensive purposes, assuming they're able to get along (which I doubt they will be initially), The Hand, from what we've seen so far wouldn't be able to defeat them as a group. Separately is probably a different story more so for Matt and especially Jessica (who has the strength but lacks the fighting ability). Even Danny if he's unable to channel the iron fist (I'll leave it at that for the sake of spoilers). Luke is literally the Hulk of the group but with the introduction of the judas bullets (and I feel the need to mention again...lazy storytelling), he's not as big of a threat as he otherwise would be. Even without the bullets, I think Luke could be beaten. It just requires a little more thinking outside the box.

I'm in full agreement, 1st2die.. I think that half the battle will be dividing our heroes. 

Now you have me wondering if channeling the Iron Fist is harder then I thought. 

Some more spoilers for IF.

In episode 2, Danny was having issues focusing enough because of the meds the hospital had him on. I'm now wondering if pain and other methods of causing him to lose focus may be able to disrupt his ki manipulation. Of course, don't tell me. I really need to get back on top of it and finish that show. 

MCU Exchange just posted their newest video and I thought I'd share it with you guys. This one is on Claire Temple who is also one of my favorite characters. MCU Exhange make really nice and sometimes funny MCU videos. Enjoy.

***There are clips from Iron Fist which may contain SPOILERS for some people.***

I'll have to watch it later, 1st. I managed to get through another episode of IF. Woot. At this rate I'll finish it by Late 2017. 

As far as Claire, I dig her. I was really sad the show didn't diverge from the comic and let her and Matt have a run. Their talk near the end of season 1 is a highlight on par with the hallway fight. 

Some slight spoilers:

Matt and danny can only be beaten by other skilled fighters and when danny summons the iron fist he is pretty much unbeatable. Cage only nearly died cause of the gun having judas bullets in it normal bullets cant pierce his skin. I still need to watch jessica jones.

Matt and danny can only be beaten by other skilled fighters and when danny summons the iron fist he is pretty much unbeatable. Cage only nearly died cause of the gun having judas bullets in it normal bullets cant pierce his skin. I still need to watch jessica jones.

Fisk isn't what I'd call a skilled fighter. Dude is just rage draped in a 300 pound frame. Danny I have no comment on as I'm only a third of the way into his show and he hasn't been pressed yet. 

Spoiler for Jessica Jones:

Cage almost died to a shotgun. A normal shotgun firing normal rounds. (though I do forget if they were slugs or shot) It came down to placement. No Judas bullets needed.

Fisk isn't what I'd call a skilled fighter. Dude is just rage draped in a 300 pound frame. Danny I have no comment on as I'm only a third of the way into his show and he hasn't been pressed yet.

Spoiler for Jessica Jones:

Cage almost died to a shotgun. A normal shotgun firing normal rounds. (though I do forget if they were slugs or shot) It came down to placement. No Judas bullets needed.

Ok maybe the defenders show will have villains that can take them all on then. The avengers are an even stronger team and they seem to be matched by one villain in both movies

Ok maybe the defenders show will have villains that can take them all on then. The avengers are an even stronger team and they seem to be matched by one villain in both movies

Indeed, they may pull an Avengers and have tons of fodder to assist the boss (and so far the Netflix fodder is reasonably competent so that would work.) 

Spoiler for Daredevil season 2:

Also Elektra may come back evil. That could have many repercussions. Matt would be hit hard emotionally, and I'm sure he'd try to stop the others from hurting her so there could be some internal conflict.