Voorhees Lake Hockey

Friday the 13: The Complete Collection

I would love to have this set, but it has been out of print for a few years now. It goes for 150-250 on ebay and other places.

I'd gladly pay 100 bucks for it, up to 120, but I'm hoping at some point they would re-release it again.

I mean why not?

Anyone have this? I just wasn't into it all when it came out. I had kids and stuff going on and it just wasn't a good time to watched horror slashers

• Like 1

That collection was a cool idea in theory but it wasn't executed all that well if you ask me. The tin case is cool, you got mostly all the movies but I don't really like the cardboard inside in which you have to slide the discs in and out. It tends to scratch them in the long run. Also, iirc the unrated cut of JGTH is not included and most if not all the content of the bonus disc is the same that was in the previous dvd collection so nothing really new there. For a long time fan like me who had most of the earlier movie releases, I decided to pass on this collection and bought the individual blu ray releases instead. It was cheaper in the end.

I don't have this one, mine is the 2004 collection: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan. It is still available on DVD, was never on Blu-ray. There are a ton of extras, it's a great set.

I don't have this one, mine is the 2004 collection: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan. It is still available on DVD, was never on Blu-ray. There are a ton of extras, it's a great set.

I used to have this one, it was good for the time and I was able to find the others for cheap on DVD. I've stopped buying physical releases. Just too much space taken up by plastic cases.

I used to have this one, it was good for the time and I was able to find the others for cheap on DVD. I've stopped buying physical releases. Just too much space taken up by plastic cases.

Move the bodies out of the shed and you'd have more room. 

• Like 1

The thing is like goldust. Around the end of 2015 I saw one going for £80 but didn't have the money. I keep tabs but pretty much anytime since then it's more like the £200 range.

Just can't justify it.

I'm pretty sure this is the best it gets.

Someone above was acting like it isn't complete. It's got all the movies in 1080p blu ray quality. Extras galore.

What is missing? A Jason Goes to Hell cut?

Someone above was acting like it isn't complete. It's got all the movies in 1080p blu ray quality. Extras galore.

I'm that "someone" it seems and yeah, it's missing a cut of Jason Goes To hell and a cut of the 2009 movie iirc so it makes it incomplete. Sorry if my post sounded like I was trying to discourage you from buying it, that was not my intention so again I apologize. I was just telling you why I passed on it personally but hey, if you want it go for it when you find one at a reasonable price!

In fairness, the director's cut of Jason Goes to Hell is the only version anyone should see. It doesn't make up for being a shitty movie but the tent scene alone makes it the better version.

Move the bodies out of the shed and you'd have more room.

Where do I put the bodies then?

Chop them up and throw them in the ocean seems to work for dexter

....bought the individual blu ray releases instead. It was cheaper in the end.

I have a real hard time believing this. Even if you found them all at a yard sale.

Eat them. I remember a horror movie from my childhood where the last scene is a fat chick getting walked in on when trying to consume all the dead bodies she has created. Have no idea what it was and it bugs the fuck out of me. I can still see the expression on the male that walks in on her, lol.

I can even remember the VHS it was on. There was Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, a cheech and chong movie, and that one. On SLP of course, LOL.

PS. Sorry for the double post :)

Please use the edit button to add onto a thought instead of apologizing for double posting. Thank you.

I have a real hard time believing this. Even if you found them all at a yard sale.

The msrp of the collection was US$129.95 at release which was roughly $170 in my currency and around $195 with the taxes included. I got part I-II for $4.99, part III-TFC for $10.49, part V-VI for $14.99, part VII-VIII for $29.99, FvsJ for $11.00 and the 2009 reboot/remake for $10.97, a grand total of $82.43 and around $94.77 with the taxes. And yes they were all new, I bought some of them at a brick and mortar store like Walmart/Best Buy and the rest from Amazon.

Chop them up and throw them in the ocean seems to work for dexter

I like John Goodman's character's solution in 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Eat them. I remember a horror movie from my childhood where the last scene is a fat chick getting walked in on when trying to consume all the dead bodies she has created. Have no idea what it was and it bugs the fuck out of me. I can still see the expression on the male that walks in on her, lol.

I can even remember the VHS it was on. There was Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, a cheech and chong movie, and that one. On SLP of course, LOL.

PS. Sorry for the double post :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminally_Insane_(film)

?

Cannibals are pragmatists.

Nom nom nom.

The Jason Goes to Hell being the theatrical version really boggles my mind... especially since the Violet code that came with the set gives you the Uncut version in HD...

I have the set, cool little thing, but JGTH and the carboard holders for the discs were a major oversight.

I bought this at when it first came out, and it is great to get a bunch of the movies in 1080, but getting "Jason goes to hell" without the uncut version is a sin. It's the only watchable version of the movie.

The DVDs I own of the Friday the 13th franchise are all individual releases from paramount released in 2001 up until Part 9, Jason goes to Hell. That, along with Jason X and the remake, are of course newer releases. Same with Halloween, Children of the Corn. Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw, Hellraiser. I started with no box sets, So I try to keep it that way. So, all those double sided sics, and newer cover arts, no. I have the older releases.

Is it this one ?  20170520_185857_resized.jpg

Edited by TWarner
added picture