wes

Disarming Jason Traps

He did it in the opening scene of the remake. Even using a bear trap no less....

Re...Remake? Whats that? Remake Jason? I guess they could remake Jason but they would probably turn it into some platinum dunes Chainsaw ripoff that tries to reinvent the character. Was this remake Jason a stretch goal or something? I know we are getting these skins: II/III/VI/VII/VIII/Hell/PostHell. And 3 maps all based off the classic vibes of F13th. In that context,only Part II had a snare trap ;)

I'm just putting this out there for those who say Jason should not have traps or that he should be farther limited on how many he carries, because him having traps is OP, or they shouldn't have to expend one to disarm traps. The POCKET KNIFE is OP. Think about it.

First off, if you have even one you have an advantage over everyone, including Jason. While those who don't have one need to fight to break free of Jason's grab, or hope for another counselor to come along and break his hold with a vain attack, you get to laugh as you watch your character automatically attack with the pocket knife and stick it in his neck. This breaks his hold on you and and gives you more than enough time to run away. The only thing to be mad about here is if you were carrying a key item you got to leave it behind to go hide and hope Jason gives up on you when you slip into a hiding spot.

Secondly, there's multiple pocket knives. And during the beta play you could snag every pocket knife on the map if you were quick and thorough with your search. Unless they set it so that all items are limited to just one per person you are going to see alot of Jason players who only swing their weapon rather than go for the grab. Why? Because they don't want to be spammed with instant escapes.

Third, from the start this game has been broken in favor of the counselors. Let them level the playing field a bit.

And that is the last of my thoughts on this. Now let there be peace, love, and patience while we wait for Jason to kill us.

• Like 1

What I find amusing in that anecdote is that Jason mellowed out as a revenant.

Poor Muffin.

Muffin was alive at the end of the movie.

Sorry but will Jason notice you with blips or something cause of the disarming ??

I really like the idea, but a pocket knife is a real big sacrefice in this game.

In a dream sequence though... Muffin's dead. :(

Up for debate!!! Muffin lives!!! ????

On the topic of the dam lhasa apso dog with a pretentious silk knot on it's head. The dog lived,that sequence was not dream,if it were. Part 3 would not have mentioned by the news castor of any survivors. Where it clearly stated that Ginny survived. Paul's fate was left up to the viewer to decide. 

Jason kills 20-something year old actors who play senior year high school students. 

He doesn't and hasn't killed children or animals. If he has killed animals it was for food and survival.

Otherwise the rabbit in part 3 would have been killed,or even the dog in jason takes manhattan,or the kids in part 5.

On the topic of the dam lhasa apso dog with a pretentious silk knot on it's head. The dog lived,that sequence was not dream,if it were. Part 3 would not have mentioned by the news castor of any survivors. Where it clearly stated that Ginny survived. Paul's fate was left up to the viewer to decide. 

Jason kills 20-something year old actors who play senior year high school students. 

He doesn't and hasn't killed children or animals. If he has killed animals it was for food and survival.

Otherwise the rabbit in part 3 would have been killed,or even the dog in jason takes manhattan,or the kids in part 5.

I'm definitely on the dream side of the debate.

If it wasn't a dream- why did he let Ginny live? Doesn't make any sense. I know Part 3 wasn't thought of at the time but in Part 3 Jason is bald and has a clean shave. Part 3 takes place the following night. Did he shave? Or was that just Ginny's idea of what he would like? Parts 1 through 3 all end with jump scare dream sequences.

I didn't want to believe he killed the dog myself but it's apparent he did or a wild animal got it. Not harming animals is only Kane Hodder's interpretation of Jason and his first film is Part 7 so there's at least six different actors' interpretations of the character before his.

• Like 1

If it wasn't a dream- why did he let Ginny live? Doesn't make any sense. I know Part 3 wasn't thought of at the time but in Part 3 Jason is bald and has a clean shave. Part 3 takes place the following night. Did he shave? Or was that just Ginny's idea of what he would like? Parts 1 through 3 all end with jump scare dream sequences.

That's true. I forgot that part 3 takes place right after 2. Maybe Jason had a lot of stress and all his hair fell out lol.

That's true. I forgot that part 3 takes place right after 2. Maybe Jason had a lot of stress and all his hair fell out lol.

In possessed form, he did shave a dude in Jason Goes to Hell- maybe he's got a shaving fetish. (Though I'm of the opinion everything past Part 8 are one-offs or throwaways.)

I didn't want to believe he killed the dog myself but it's apparent he did or a wild animal got it. Not harming animals is only Kane Hodder's interpretation of Jason and his first film is Part 7 so there's at least six different actors' interpretations of the character before his.

I just consider it a retcon. Every proceeding movie retcons the preceeding movie regarding Jason's appearance. There's no logic involved because the filmmakers weren't thinking about continuity. This was before home video became big. Back then only rich kids had VHS. A VCR cost up to $400 in 1985, when their prices dropped to consumer level. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-09-22/news/8503040687_1_vcr-boom-suppliers-marketers

Back then only a few people could actually watch each F13 back-to-back to notice the differences between the Jasons, so the producers didn't care if he looked different in each film.

Most people only saw Jason in the theater when the movies came out. No one cared about continuity because the FX guys wanted to make each Jason their own Jason. It's just a retcon, accept it and move forward.

EDIT: Oh Jesus this thread is about Jason's traps! Wow this thread is reaaallly off topic now. Anywho, being on topic, I still think adding the option to sacrifice a melee weapon to spring the trap would be great in addition to the pocket knife solution.

• Like 1

Up for debate!!! Muffin lives!!!

Boo this man. 

I'll give Muffin this, that dog had guts.

I know because we see them after Jason murders it to death. 

And to tie it back on topic, rather then covering his traps with leaves Jason should cover them in dead dogs. 

• Like 1

Boo this man. 

I'll give Muffin this, that dog had guts.

I know because we see them after Jason murders it to death. 

And to tie it back on topic, rather then covering his traps with leaves Jason should cover them in dead dogs.

Dog DLC. Every counselor should start with a dog that runs away at the beginning. If you capture the dog as Jason,this allows you to send the dog to the door as a distraction so you can bust through the window.

• Like 2

Dog DLC. Every counselor should start with a dog that runs away at the beginning. If you capture the dog as Jason,this allows you to send the dog to the door as a distraction so you can bust through the window.

Is this before or after Jason fills the dog with dark eldritch power gained from forbidden tomes of occult lore?

• Like 2

Is this before or after Jason fills the dog with dark eldritch power gained from forbidden tomes of occult lore?

Not planned,but the idea has been tossed around. We'll see how it play-tests as is and make changes accordingly. If a counselor is able to locate their dog before Jason does,you can attach a note to its collar and send it to the police. Do you risk helping friends search for parts or do you go off on your own searching for your dog? These choices matter.

Not planned,but the idea has been tossed around. We'll see how it play-tests as is and make changes accordingly. If a counselor is able to locate their dog before Jason does,you can attach a note to its collar and send it to the police. Do you risk helping friends search for parts or do you go off on your own searching for your dog? These choices matter.

I'm out of positivity as per the norm, but it should be noted I'm glad I don't have a drink to spit on my computer screen.

• Like 1

My sides have left orbit!

• Like 1

How has a post about traps turned into having a dog run away and u have to find it?

• Like 1

How has a post about traps turned into having a dog run away and u have to find it?

Because we're us. 

• Like 1

If this thing with dogs is implemented I can imagine most of us will want a refund. We didn't buy this game to be chasing lost dogs!

If this thing with dogs is implemented I can imagine most of us will want a refund. We didn't buy this game to be chasing lost dogs!

But, but it's Muffin!!!

• Like 1

i like the idea a lot, it can get really annoying when counselors would get three knives in their inventory and use all of them, so for their to be another use for the pocket knife would be great!

I wont be asking for refund and no i wont be looking for a dog either. The dog can die every man/animal for themselves

• Like 1

I like the idea someone had of using the tree branch instead of the knife. It'd make the game go on that little longer by forcing players to go out and search for one and possibly get caught by Jason. Whereas it's very easy to just pick up a knife at the beginning of the game.