wes

Disarming Jason Traps

WOW!
Incredibly how u guys are so fast  :D

Excellent improvement, i love it, especially giving a second function to the pocket knife :wub:

The fail is listed, if the knife breaks before the trap is completely disarmed it sounds like it will still be active. You're out a knife for nothing.

Sounds like the knife breaks if you successfully disarm the trap. Making it a sacrifice of your weapon.

I'm totally cool with that.

My question is can you fail the skill check and become trapped, just like you stepped on it?

hey wes what about the useless tree branch in the game nobody picks up and uses wouldnt it be better to just use the tree branch in the game to be the trap disarmer cause the pocket knife already has a use stabbing jason in the neck. I think you should use that instead cause what use does the tree branch have you certainly wouldnt be able to hurt jason with it so why not give it a good use if counselors find it they can put it in their inventory and use it to stick in the trap and disarm it would save you the hassle of making shit loads of animation and etc.. if not get it out of the game because as of now the tree branch twig or whatever it is is useless.

• Like 1

hey wes what about the useless tree branch in the game nobody picks up and uses wouldnt it be better to just use the tree branch in the game to be the trap disarmer cause the pocket knife already has a use stabbing jason in the neck. I think you should use that instead cause what use does the tree branch have you certainly wouldnt be able to hurt jason with it so why not give it a good use if counselors find it they can put it in their inventory and use it to stick in the trap and disarm it would save you the hassle of making shit loads of animation and etc.. if not get it out of the game because as of now the tree branch twig or whatever it is is useless.

The tree branch is a weapon just like a baseball bat, 2x4, etc. You can hit Jason with it. If a player decides to not pick it up and use, that's on them. But to your point, it's not a useless item in the game. Additionally, using the tree branch to disarm a trap would not save us "the hassle of making shit loads of animation." Both require new assets, animations, and camera work. 

-W

Fans are family. We treat you guys with love and respect. And you guys return the favor, when you're not being assholes. That's how it should be. ;)

-W

Fixed it for you. 

On the whole, I'm liking the options. 

• Like 1

Guess we not get any simple disarms: Throw something into it triggering the trap. :P

It sounds simple in theory, but throwing something into the trap..then have trap slam shut, and then break whatever you threw in it (stick, piece of wood, bat, etc) has a lot of potential bugs associated with it. The biggest being physics. My body hurts when I think of all the unpredictable, crazy physics bugs that would occur from that. 

-W

wes i understand but in the movies nobody used a tree branch against jason you hit jason with a tree branch he would look at you like really you just swung a tree branch at me doesnt make sense wes he would take the tree branch you swung and impale it in you.So i do still think the tree branch is useless now 2x4 baseball bats have substance a tree branch would break on jason and make him wanna kill you more i dont know jus sayin.

Guess we not get any simple disarms: Throw something into it triggering the trap. :P

Like maybe nudging your friend into it?

wes i understand but in the movies nobody used a tree branch against jason you hit jason with a tree branch he would look at you like really you just swung a tree branch at me doesnt make sense wes he would take the tree branch you swung and impale it in you.So i do still think the tree branch is useless now 2x4 baseball bats have substance a tree branch would break on jason and make him wanna kill you more i dont know jus sayin.

I think the inclusion of the tree branch is there to add some diversity in term of weapons, same thing for the frying pan which was only used as a weapon by Alice in the films. As far as being true to the movies go, I don't think anybody ever used a 2x4 or baseball bat on Jason so those two are in the game for the same reason as the tree branch I guess.

With a shotgun and threat of death...

there's already an imminent threat of death. id say f*** you. i need my legs. lol

• Like 1

I love that Jason can use bear traps now. Will he be able to use other traps? I'd love to see a snare trap in the game if it isn't already included. If you have a pocket knife you can cut yourself loose or a fellow counselor would have to cut you loose before Jason gets you (Friday the 13th: Part 2). Hacking my victims up is nice, but I'd also like the option to bait them :)

This is actually a good way to reduce pocket knives without just shrinking the number available.

Will this be enough? Maybe, I'm still a bit worried about meta being to put a trap at the Phone and such but I take comfort knowing we have a way to deal with it that doesn't involve just stepping in it.

Hell, maybe counselors with high Luck will be able to use the pocket knife more than once (% chance to keep the knife after use) and intelligence determines the speed in which you do it.. Look! Chad is useful!

Wes and team I feel like the disarm should be tied to intelligence and luck reason why

Intel: You know how to position the knife just right so you can make a faster disarm (not too fast but depending on intel lvl)

Luck: Increases the chance of you not breaking your knife 

just a few ideas dont really care about the intelligence one myself but i decided to put it up there, but i think luck is a must

Break Pocket Knifes to disarm traps? Thats fucked up..

I like it.

Forcing someone to sacrifice one of the most valuable items to avoid a potentially devastating trap is actually a kind of fun way to do it. And as long as it has SOME counter play i'm happy. So this is win win.

• Like 2

Break Pocket Knifes to disarm traps? Thats fucked up..

I like it.

Forcing someone to sacrifice one of the most valuable items to avoid a potentially devastating trap is actually a kind of fun way to do it. And as long as it has SOME counter play i'm happy. So this is win win.

I'm still a bit hesitant.

It seems like a big sacrifice still.  It's better than just walking on the trap with no way to disarm it.  But the amount of pocket knives should at least be equal to the amount of Bear Traps Jason has in order to keep things fair.  I would also like using the knife on Jason as an option prompt rather than an automatic thing so we can strategize with it, though that isn't as big a deal to me.

We will see.  I appreciate the change I was honestly a little bit afraid. 

Sounds awesome with these traps gives more options for a good strategy. And Jason can hear you disarm a trap right ?

Here:

​Luck 1 - 2

​1% chance to keep a pocket knife after use.

​Luck 3 - 4

​7% chance to keep a pocket knife after use.  Reduces to 1% if successful.

​Luck 5 - 6

​15% chance to keep a pocket knife after use.  Reduces to 1% if successful.

​Luck 7 - 8

​25% chance to keep a pocket knife after use.  Reduces to 10% if successful.  Reduces to 5% if successful again.  Reduces to 1% if again successful.

​Luck 9

​35% chance to keep a pocket knife after use on a trap.  Reduces to 25% if successful.  Reduces to 15% if successful.  Reduces to 10% if successful.  Reduces to 5% if successful.  Reduces to 1% if successful.

​Luck 10

​50% chance to keep a pocket knife after use on a trap.  Reduces to 40% if successful.  Reduces to 25% if successful.  Reduces to 10% if successful.  Reduces to 5% if successful.  Reduces to 1% if successful.

I'm still a bit hesitant.

It seems like a big sacrifice still.  It's better than just walking on the trap with no way to disarm it.  But the amount of pocket knives should at least be equal to the amount of Bear Traps Jason has in order to keep things fair.  I would also like using the knife on Jason as an option prompt rather than an automatic thing so we can strategize with it, though that isn't as big a deal to me.

We will see.  I appreciate the change I was honestly a little bit afraid. 

Coming from Dead By Daylight where you can disarm bear traps with your HANDS... any actual sacrifice to do the action is a HUGE step up. XD

If Jason only gets 3-5 bear traps pocket knifes are totally fine. On average you tend to see around 4-7 pocket knifes used per game in the beta. Assuming those numbers hold that means you will have enough to disarm plus some left over for get out of fail free cards.

Coming from Dead By Daylight where you can disarm bear traps with your HANDS... any actual sacrifice to do the action is a HUGE step up. XD

If Jason only gets 3-5 bear traps pocket knifes are totally fine. On average you tend to see around 4-7 pocket knifes used per game in the beta. Assuming those numbers hold that means you will have enough to disarm plus some left over for get out of fail free cards.

Fair.  I wasn't exactly sure how common Pocket Knives were so I'd say that's decent.  Makes Part 2 a real hunter like he was in the film.

It also fairly punishes both counselor and Jason in some way.

And the problem with the Trapper isn't the traps, it's the perk that makes it so your traps are literally HIGHLIGHTED on the ground.

Jason should have the upper hand in a match at all times, so not sure disarming traps should be allowed. It absolutely shouldn't be allowed for all counselors. If the options going to be added, I do like the idea of it breaking your pocket knife.